PDA

View Full Version : Red light camera

kaput
06-20-2004, 01:44 AM

WGR4Pussies
06-20-2004, 01:57 AM
i think to actually get a ticket, you have to enter the intersection after the light turns red, otherwise it would be a yellow light ticket, and theres no such thing as a yellow light camara.:thumbsup:

5.9 R/T
06-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
i think to actually get a ticket, you have to enter the intersection after the light turns red, otherwise it would be a yellow light ticket, and theres no such thing as a yellow light camara.:thumbsup:

Wow, stop posting please.

If you are in the intersection when the light is red it is a red light ticket.

The camera's are only one direction, I know that, but I'm not sure if there is one for the direction you were going.

Akagi Redsuns
06-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by WGR4Pussies

There is such a thing as a yellow light ticket though. Total BS, but one of my friends received a "failure to stop for a yellow light" ticket from a cop. Sure the camera is not calibrated to give such tickets, but in the future, who knows? I wouldn't put anything past this money hungry police force. I am sure in the future it will be giving out yellow light tickets, speeding tickets and failing to come to a complete stop when making a right turn on red tickets too.

EK 2.0
06-20-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

There is such a thing as a yellow light ticket though. Total BS, but one of my friends received a "failure to stop for a yellow light" ticket from a cop. Sure the camera is not calibrated to give such tickets, but in the future, who knows? I wouldn't put anything past this money hungry police force. I am sure in the future it will be giving out yellow light tickets, speeding tickets and failing to come to a complete stop when making a right turn on red tickets too.

but you have to come to a complete stop when turning right on a red...what i do not understand is it...why are people bitching about a red-light camera...if you are in the intersection while the light is red you DESERVE a ticket...if you couldn't stop then you WERE going too fast...its a machine that hands out those tickets...it does not choose based on what you drive, if you have ricer bulbs, a fartcan or a big wing...if you get a red-light camera ticket you deserve it end of story...

there are VERY rare exceptions though...but whatever its a fine and no demerits...

Skylinelover
06-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Wait a month and see :thumbsup:

That.Guy.S30
06-20-2004, 01:14 PM
i beleive if you have 2 flashes then you get the ticket. 1 flash you probably get away with it. the two flashes is 1. entering when it has turned red and 2. leavin the intersection when it is still red.

kaput
06-20-2004, 05:11 PM

Akagi Redsuns
06-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

but you have to come to a complete stop when turning right on a red...what i do not understand is it...why are people bitching about a red-light camera...if you are in the intersection while the light is red you DESERVE a ticket...if you couldn't stop then you WERE going too fast...its a machine that hands out those tickets...it does not choose based on what you drive, if you have ricer bulbs, a fartcan or a big wing...if you get a red-light camera ticket you deserve it end of story...

there are VERY rare exceptions though...but whatever its a fine and no demerits...

True enough, so you wouldn't mind if ALL road cars be fitted with a 110 km/hr speed limiter then? After all you shouldn't be exceeding the speed limit as it is against the law, so why not? Or have a device that spits out a ticket everytime you go over the speed limit? The law is the law right?

I am all for red light cameras if they indeed work they way the Calgary Police Service say they do, aka, giving you a ticket if you enter the intersection on a red light. The other tickets, I am not to crazy about if they decide to implement it. I just don't want this automated ticketing system being carried away. Speeding cameras, redlight cameras.....what's next on the horizion to make some quick $$$ out of drivers without improving safety?

bighead2267
06-21-2004, 04:32 AM
don't worry, that camera always out of order. i've try few time. i'm running green it still flash me..........may be out of order again.

good luck

Xtrema
06-21-2004, 07:50 AM
2 flashes will determine speed you blow through the lights. I got flashed twice when I was making a left turn and because the moron in front of me wasn't paying attention and won't go even the opposing traffic stop. Didn't receive any tickets.