PDA

View Full Version : US Grand Prix 2004

rage2
06-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Bleh... Barichello already let schumacher pass on the 1st lap after restart. I'll bet they'll say there's no team orders.

Ghey... getting boring seeing the same friggin' results every race.

fast95pony
06-20-2004, 11:19 AM
I see the Schumi chop is alive and well....:rolleyes:

rage2
06-20-2004, 11:20 AM
holy shit chaos on the track. Is there debris or something? Tons of ppl going nuts.

At least we're seeing a lot of the new safety car... SLK 55 AMG!

Redlyne_mr2
06-20-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Bleh... Barichello already let schumacher pass on the 1st lap after restart. I'll bet they'll say there's no team orders.

Ghey... getting boring seeing the same friggin' results every race. :werd:
I used to make time for F1 and watch every single race. Now it's a given who's going to win. There has to be someone better than him

rage2
06-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Ralph schumacher is hurt it looks like... I guess it was a matter of time before someone crashed in turn 13 at very high speeds. Indy crashes are never good, especially on those bankings.

rage2
06-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Man montoya went from Last to 3rd. And they fucking black flag him with like 10 laps to go. Retarded.

If they want to penalize him, fucking do it at the start, not at the end of the race in 3rd place. Who's the gay team that protested to get a podium finish or more points?? My guess is BAR Honda :thumbsdow. If it's them, I hope Sato blows up before it's over like the last few races.

Retarded.

hyperwhite
06-20-2004, 12:44 PM
MS wins again :banghead: but it was an entertaining race. btw, GO MINARDI! :rofl:

BigMass
06-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Sato is an awesome driver. He's one of the only drivers on the grid willing to race anymore. If anyone deserves a podium it's him. And if anyone is to blame for the stupid Montoya black flag, it's the FIA and their chronies. I doubt anyone complained.

civic_stylez
06-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
MS wins again :banghead: but it was an entertaining race. btw, GO MINARDI! :rofl:

hell yeah go minardi!!!!:thumbsup: i couldnt believe the reliability of that car! the michelins were having a tough day with all the debris on the track..quite a few punctures. i was glad to see sato on the podium after all the blown engines theyve had this year.. none the less a pretty entertainig race!:)

Team_Mclaren
06-20-2004, 03:11 PM
I GIVE UP!!!!

FIA? guns: :guns:
Team order? :whipped:
MS wins again? :banghead: :guns: :whipped:

at least Mclarens finished 6 and 7...

like Redlyne said, if they keep goin the way like this, no one is gonna continue watching...:(

BigMass
06-20-2004, 03:24 PM
sure everyone complains now, but in 20 years you'll be telling your kid how your were witness to the greatest driver in F1 history, how no one else has won more races, and how there will never be another driver like Schumacher.

Its the same as when Sampras was dominating mens tennis. Everyone complained about how boring it was. Now he is pretty much regarded as the best tennis player that ever lived and how his career was full of classic matches.

People need to recognize and appreciate greatness more.

rage2
06-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
sure everyone complains now, but in 20 years you'll be telling your kid how your were witness to the greatest driver in F1 history, how no one else has won more races, and how there will never be another driver like Schumacher.

Its the same as when Sampras was dominating mens tennis. Everyone complained about how boring it was. Now he is pretty much regarded as the best tennis player that ever lived and how his career was full of classic matches.

People need to recognize and appreciate greatness more.
I don't consider Michael Schumacher great. OK, he MAY be record wise, but honestly, he's had zero competition since Senna's death... this is a walk in the park for him. He's clearly better than the rest of the field as a driver, but certainly not historic.

Remember, great drivers like Senna and Prost got their records racing each other (most poles and most wins respectively)... 2 greats pulling off incredible feats against each other. Schumacher taking every friggin' pole and every win with no competition in sight and easily taking away Senna and Prost's records without a challenge. Kinda sad...

It's not Schumacher's fault though... it's just that nobody has stepped up to challenge him. Until he has a worthy challenger, he's still just a good driver in my mind and has much to prove.

Remember, Schumacher has a car that can destroy the field. Remember Nigel Mansell in the Williams? He wasn't a great driver but he beat everyone because of the car. Anyone considering him a legend? How many times has Barichello actually beat Michael only to let him by because of Team Orders? Is Barichello considered to be at Schumacher's level? He outqualified him and was just as fast today...

CKY
06-20-2004, 06:01 PM
i think Barichello is wasted being in the ferrari team since they won't put him over Schumacher and i just feel sorry for the guy, and good for Satos making it to the podium being the 2nd japanese (or asian?) racer to do so on formula 1, he has made quite a few bad decisions previsiously but he is still young and all of japan is behind his back so congrats to him

hjr
06-20-2004, 06:36 PM
its not all micheal. The car is 75% of a winning combination, the driver being the other 25%. Its not like the old old days where Jackie Stewart could jump into an underperforming tyrrell and destroy the field, modern f1 is more about the car than the driver.

BigMass
06-20-2004, 10:56 PM
don’t just regurgitate stuff you hear from other people that sounds good. Like F1 is 75%car 25% driver. Whatever. The bottom line is Schumacher is not driving for Ferrari by being second best. He is the best driver in the current field by far. Also, the fact that he is so good and has such a strong team behind him makes all the other drivers look weak. But you just can't say that Montoya, Alonso, Trulli, Rubens or Ralph are bad drivers. The point is that Michael is just that much better that it makes it look like the competition is weak.

Instead of complaining about it, the other drivers and teams should do something about it. If they can't build a better car than Ferrari or they cant find a driver as good as Michael then TOUGH LUCK! This is F1 not Nascar. I enjoy the racing and technological perfection that Ferrari and Michael bring to the table. That is what F1 is all about. It was never about passing or Nascar type racing.

Like everyone else, i wish other teams were up to Ferrari. I know Honda, MacLaren, Williams and Toyota will all be getting much better in the near future, and i hope Michael will still be around to show how good he is under better competition. But i refuse to take anything away from him because of the fault of other teams.

benyl
06-20-2004, 11:53 PM
:werd:

Sato was cool though, at least someone was making an effort to try and catch them. Too bad about Montoya.

hjr
06-21-2004, 01:22 AM
don’t just regurgitate stuff you hear from other people that sounds good. Like F1 is 75%car 25% driver. Whatever. The bottom line is Schumacher is not driving for Ferrari by being second best. He is the best driver in the current field by far. Also, the fact that he is so good and has such a strong team behind him makes all the other drivers look weak. But you just can't say that Montoya, Alonso, Trulli, Rubens or Ralph are bad drivers. The point is that Michael is just that much better that it makes it look like the competition is weak.

Instead of complaining about it, the other drivers and teams should do something about it. If they can't build a better car than Ferrari or they cant find a driver as good as Michael then TOUGH LUCK! This is F1 not Nascar. I enjoy the racing and technological perfection that Ferrari and Michael bring to the table. That is what F1 is all about. It was never about passing or Nascar type racing.

Like everyone else, i wish other teams were up to Ferrari. I know Honda, MacLaren, Williams and Toyota will all be getting much better in the near future, and i hope Michael will still be around to show how good he is under better competition. But i refuse to take anything away from him because of the fault of other teams.

fuck man, if Sir Frank Williams (of BMW Williams) says it, i believe it... more than random musings posted on an internet car forum. Williams said, 1/4 driver, 1/4 power, 1/4 aero/susp. 1/4 tires, and frankly, he is much deeper involved in the sport than either of us ever will be. And yes, it does sound good, and it is kind of an overgeneralization, but dont talk to me like im quoting some dude i met in a sports bar.

But im not saying micheal is bad, im saying your not giving ferrari enought credit. My opinion is that he is not as important to the ferrari/MS streak as folks give him credit for, i believe the car has a lot more to due with it than most people seem to think. But its my opinion in the end.

rage2
06-21-2004, 07:43 AM
don’t just regurgitate stuff you hear from other people that sounds good. Like F1 is 75%car 25% driver. Whatever. The bottom line is Schumacher is not driving for Ferrari by being second best.
He's driving for Ferrari because Ferrari saw what him and his team of people can do. Remember, a huge portion of the Ferrari team are the guys from Benneton, who worked with Michael to turn the car into a championship winning car. When he joined Ferrari, the car sucked. He basically said "we suck, don't expect a championship for 3 years". Great driver? Please...

Don't forget how close Barichello is to Michael this year. If in fact it IS so much more driver, than you should consider Barichello to be as great as Schumacher. :rolleyes:

He is the best driver in the current field by far. Also, the fact that he is so good and has such a strong team behind him makes all the other drivers look weak. But you just can't say that Montoya, Alonso, Trulli, Rubens or Ralph are bad drivers. The point is that Michael is just that much better that it makes it look like the competition is weak.
I agree he's the best out there, but I don't think he's a driving god as some perceive him to be, that's all.

civic_stylez
06-22-2004, 08:41 PM
i spend alot of time studing f1 and its technology.. and alot of people say theres no competition in f1 anymore and i couldnt DISagree more.. nobody can push an f1 car to its limits like montoya can.. kimi raikonnens reaction times are some of the fastest ever....you have to look at the ferrari team as a whole before you can understand why they win so much... take race weekend for example when every team has cleaned up and called it a night during qualifying the ferrari mechanics are still working on that car hours after everyone has left...and on race day the ferrari pit crew doesnt leave the garage until michael or rubens is already in the pit lane so as not to telegraph to other teams that they are pitting.... the bridgestone techinicians are constantly changing tire pressures even seconds before they go on the car..its a whole series of little things that they do like bringing the pit guys out early and let other teams think that they are pitting or going for a 3 stop strategy and so they call their cars in a sure enough ferrari doesnt pit..i know it contradicts with what i said before but thats how they confuse other teams.. williams said it himself that "theres something that theyre doing that we havent picked up on yet" but i think the answer is alot closer than he thinks........:drama: p.s. i am an F1 nerd.:D