PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2003 Haulmark LowHauler Auto Trailer

KG1500S
06-20-2004, 07:08 PM
My factory built semi-custom enclosed auto trailer is for sale. This is an ideal unit for hauling your precious foreign/domestic sports car to the next big car show, that might be just a little too far to drive. It will even give you a nice secure garage for your car at overnight pitstops on the road and at your destination hotel.

The unique low roof design of the Low Hauler looks great, and with it tucked in behind the tow vehicle the lower wind resistance makes it easier to pull. That design also means it requires a smaller tow vehicle than those other super tall auto haulers do - my wife's smaller SUV pulls it easily. Outside, the aluminum brightwork on black looks awesome.

Inside, the trailer has a spring assisted rear ramp door with aluminum checkerplate beavertail for loading, and has lots of room inside. Total interior dimensions are: length 16'4", width 8'0", and height 5'5". Four heavy duty and some other lighter duty tiedowns, interior lights, lined walls and roof, with twin storage lockers and spare tire mounted inside complete the package.

The trailer weighs about 2800 lbs empty, and is rated to haul up to 7,000 lbs GVWR (allows you about 4200 lbs for the car). This tandem axle trailer is equipped with its own 4 wheel electric brakes (including break-away brakes) for safety.

This nearly new trailer is in excellent condition inside and out, with no dings, scratches or mechanical problems. New, they are $11-12K, if you can find one - as I understand the Alberta dealer no longer has access to the single Haulmark factory that makes the longer autohauler-type Low Haulers. Price is $9,200 obo. Photos available at:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/icuthbertson/Haulmark%20LowHauler%20Auto%20Trailer/
Truck in photos not included. PM me for more details, Ian.

KG1500S
06-25-2004, 05:32 PM
TTT