View Full Version : flat footed?

06-21-2004, 01:07 PM
i've had this problem in the past but i didn't really bother with it but now its becoming an issue since i'm trying to do cardio every morning. the inside part of my foot that archs up gets really tense and crammy when i run, and i noticed that that part of my foot does sometime touch the floor when i walk around that house, is that called flat footed?? w/e it is i need some help and opinion on this since with that its not gonna help my summer diet plan

06-21-2004, 01:08 PM
go get fitted for some orthopedics. basically they will give your foot support in the areas like your arches. talk to your family doctor and see what he says but i will guess he will rocemend you get some sort of ortho support.

06-21-2004, 01:20 PM
Yeah I have flat feet. 3 out of the 4 arches in my feet have fallen and I have orthodics for when I exercise. Make sure you get it looked at and taken care of right away or else it may have long term effects on your ankles, knees and lower back which for any person would suck. Although orthodics are a little pricey, if you need them they are well worth it

06-21-2004, 03:53 PM
bad genes.

06-21-2004, 04:15 PM
yeah my cousin is a chiropractor and she mold orthopidics all the time. They only take about an hour to mold and I am pretty sure they are covered under alberta health care.

06-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Or check if you're health insurance (if applicable) will cover orthotics. And go see a podiatrist, aka foot doctor.

06-21-2004, 06:16 PM
I got mine for 300 bucks, lifetime warranty. Great for walking and running.

06-23-2004, 02:20 AM
thanks for the help, i'll talk to my family doctor and see if he can recommend me to a good one and hopefully it won't be too pricey (crossing fingers for health care coverage)

06-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Mine fell as soon as I started wearing steel toes everyday.

Its incredibly painful but theres nothing I can do, as I cant get any insoles any time soon