PDA

View Full Version : what looks better?

Moe Man
06-22-2004, 12:43 AM
a lx convertable or a GT hatch these are links to pics

http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/result/affich.asp?rubno=4000&r=%27ALB%27%2C%27EDM%27%2C%27CAL%27&ste=&sid=&issr=1&yfr=1990&yto=1994&kfr=0&kto=0&pfr=0&pto=0&dm=1&dp=4&mk=FORD&md=MUSTANG&kw=&rc=&or=0&oby=7&pg=6&vid=14795031

http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/result/affich.asp?rubno=4000&r=%27ALB%27%2C%27EDM%27%2C%27CAL%27&ste=&sid=&issr=1&yfr=1990&yto=1994&kfr=0&kto=0&pfr=0&pto=0&dm=1&dp=4&mk=FORD&md=MUSTANG&kw=&rc=&or=0&oby=7&pg=3&vid=17305679

Weapon_R
06-22-2004, 12:46 AM
GT hatch by a long shot. Performance and build quality is better too

cman
06-22-2004, 12:48 AM
yea go for the gt!!!

Moe Man
06-22-2004, 12:49 AM
not performance wise just looks

look at the pics and make a choise

Weapon_R
06-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Still doesn't change anything - the GT just looks way better. The LX reminds me wayy to much of the cheap 4cyl model.

EK 2.0
06-22-2004, 01:01 AM
Vert is definetly more P.I.M.P. yo...

I mean tha slimmies would be all ova yo in tha Convertible...

Just think...you could be rollin' in yo 5.0 with the rag top down, so your hair can blow...the girlies on stand by waving just to say hi...but do you stop??...Naw you juss roll by...Rollin, persuing to tha next block..:D

MK3HKS
06-22-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Still doesn't change anything - the GT just looks way better. The LX reminds me wayy to much of the cheap 4cyl model.

:werd:

Moe Man
06-22-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

how can it remind you of a 4 cyl when your shirt is viberating and the pony rims and dual exaust oh and i dont think they made a 4 cyl covertable

jdmakkord
06-22-2004, 01:18 AM
The gt is nothing but pointless weight added on with a crappy looking kit. LX coupes are the lightest and fastest fox body mustangs out there.

MK3HKS
06-22-2004, 01:20 AM
You were JUST askin for which looks better not how "its makes ur shirt vibrate".....so he said the lx reminds him of the cheap 4cylinder stangs...:thumbsup:

IMO: there is a reason why GT is favoured more and the value is higher;) ..........THEY LOOK 100x BETTER AND HAVE BETTER QAULITY EVERTHING.

Moe Man
06-22-2004, 01:22 AM
list some examples ?????????

fog lights :rofl:

MK3HKS
06-22-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Moe Man
list some examples ?????????

fog lights :rofl:

quit talking.....your embarassing urself:eek:

Weapon_R
06-22-2004, 01:36 AM

how can it remind you of a 4 cyl when your shirt is viberating and the pony rims and dual exaust oh and i dont think they made a 4 cyl covertable

Because it looks exactly like the 4cylinders. I thought you said you weren't concerned with performance. Sounds like you made up your mind already.

2.3L mustang convertible (http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=388861&cat=25&val=1)

Originally posted by jdmakkord
The gt is nothing but pointless weight added on with a crappy looking kit. LX coupes are the lightest and fastest fox body mustangs out there.

But he says he wants the convertable, which doesn't even perform on par with the GT or LX. It's slower than either.

ZorroAMG
06-22-2004, 09:49 AM
I'm sure he meant forget about the performance because an LX 5.0 is still quick in convertible form, almost as quick as a GT because the heavy gay bodykit of the GT and the extra chassis stiffening of the LX convertible pretty much cancel each other out...

Go with the LX, you have the top down option for hot summer cruising days, and the GT just looks like every other banger-mobile...

ecstasy_civic
06-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I'm sure he meant forget about the performance because an LX 5.0 is still quick in convertible form, almost as quick as a GT because the heavy gay bodykit of the GT and the extra chassis stiffening of the LX convertible pretty much cancel each other out...

Go with the LX, you have the top down option for hot summer cruising days, and the GT just looks like every other banger-mobile...
:werd: :werd: :thumbsup:

dkny_stylez
06-22-2004, 10:01 AM
duh...GT

Moe Man
06-22-2004, 02:17 PM
i wont buy a 4 cyl it will be the 5.0 but i am saing what do you think would catch ppls eyes, there are far too much GTs driving around and i want something different and with better class, and how is the lx lower quality when it has leather pwr seat, windows, locks,cruse, etc......? the gt has that gay red interior :rofl:

why pay more for a ugly body kit and fog lights ?

and all you guys that go with the GT explane how it is better than an lx ( and dont tell me it was made better )

jdmakkord
06-22-2004, 02:22 PM
i wont buy a 4 cyl it will be the 5.0 but i am saing what do you think would catch ppls eyes, there are far too much GTs driving around and i want something different and with better class, and how is the lx lower quality when it has leather pwr seat, windows, locks,cruse, etc......? the gt has that gay red interior :rofl:

and all you guys that go with the GT explane how it is better than an lx ( and dont tell me it was made better )

The LX is built the exact same as the GT's, there is no difference in quality, only options. LX coupes look far better modded than the dime a dozen GT's. Leave the GT's for the greasers and their irocs, do a car with style.

sputnik
06-22-2004, 02:24 PM
I would prefer an LX notchback with a 5.0L. Nice and light compared to the GT and the LX convertibles.

WGR4Pussies
06-22-2004, 02:27 PM

the convertible LXs inside really suck, the rag top looks half built from the inside.

NickGT
06-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Vert is definetly more P.I.M.P. yo...

I mean tha slimmies would be all ova yo in tha Convertible...

Just think...you could be rollin' in yo 5.0 with the rag top down, so your hair can blow...the girlies on stand by waving just to say hi...but do you stop??...Naw you juss roll by...Rollin, persuing to tha next block..:D

Hahaha! :rofl:

I think you will definitely have a hell of a lot more fun with a convertible as well. I know I am. They are an absolute blast to cruise in. A well taken care of convertible muscle car is somewhat a rarity these days and will be worth alot more if taken care of.

The GT you're looking at is modified, msd iginition, flowmaster exhaust. I'd be careful because who knows what else has been changed. There's a dent in the hood of the GT. As where the vert seems just mint, stock (aside from stereo and alarm). Never winter driven. The kit on the GT is heavy, has probably sagged and warped by now. The front bumper will chip and look like ass, if it isn't already. You'll have a much cleaner car with the convertible. The top looks mint on the vert by the pics as well.

mutsuraboshi
06-22-2004, 03:39 PM
gt

403Gemini
06-22-2004, 04:12 PM
i have ALWAYS loved those hatches, but the convertable will be lighter, i think the fox body in general is quite a bit lighter than the gt hatch

blinkme_210
06-22-2004, 04:17 PM
GT Hatch for sure.

Moe Man
06-23-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by blinkme_210
GT Hatch for sure.

why are you so sure ?

heavyD
06-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
i have ALWAYS loved those hatches, but the convertable will be lighter, i think the fox body in general is quite a bit lighter than the gt hatch

Wrong. The convertible is the heaviest Mustang of all.

hatetank
06-23-2004, 12:48 PM
GT, LX is a granny car.

'02SiR
06-23-2004, 12:53 PM
FUCK THE LX IS THE MOST HURTIN MUSTANG. PERIOD ARE YOU EVEN GONNA GET ONE OF THESE FUCKENG CARS? IF SO, GET THE FUCKIN ONE YOU WANT.:guns: :guns:

Moe Man
06-23-2004, 09:33 PM
ya man i am getting the LX convertable, how are they hurten when there is a thousand guys on here with them

NickGT
06-23-2004, 09:55 PM
YES! Is it for sure? You won't regret it man. Just wait until you drop the top and hear the rumble of that sweet V8. :thumbsup:

Man I miss my old notchback... Except that it was slow (only a 4banger).. Polished Pony wheels, kumho 712s, bunch of ricer mods heh but I love the body style....

http://members.shaw.ca/cyrus08/2stangs2.jpg