PDA

View Full Version : looking at buying a honda

honda_boy
06-22-2004, 05:30 AM
hey can u guys plz surgest a honda that will be able to take a 2.2L engine from a prelude i was thinking or either a accord or integra

and wats beta rwd or fwd thanks

GTS Jeff
06-22-2004, 11:12 AM
the only cars the the h22 bolts into are preludes and accords. but it will fit into other hondas without too much trouble. fwd and rwd both have their advantages. i don tthink ure getting an s2k or an nsx, so itll be fwd for u heh.

hondarunner
06-22-2004, 11:53 AM
go for an 88-92 accord
the h22a will fit in perfectly

Lennon
06-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Go for this ride, its still for sale, price negotiable. LOTS done to it.

1990 Accord H22a swap (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48352)

AquamosH
06-22-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Lennon

1990 Accord H22a swap (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48352)

Can you ship it to New Zealand? ;)

Lennon
06-22-2004, 12:44 PM
If you pay for shipping! :thumbsup:

stockEK
06-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Beta = old style VCR format, or a second level testing regime..

Not to be an ass - as I have my share of typos and abreviations, but I had to re-read it a few times to undestand what you were asking.

If you have to ask, then it really doesnt matter. RWD is generally better for performance stuff - but only if you know what you are doing. Exploiting the advantages of RWD on the street is stupid.

Besides, with a couple of expensive exceptions, all Hondacars are FWD.

WGR4Pussies
06-22-2004, 02:33 PM

haha, I helped put the engine in that thing, like not too long ago, it hauled ass pretty good, although the wiring inside was a mess, and some of the things listed in the for sale add, i don't think it had when we did the motor swap.

Lennon
06-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by WGR4Pussies

haha, I helped put the engine in that thing, like not too long ago, it hauled ass pretty good, although the wiring inside was a mess, and some of the things listed in the for sale add, i don't think it had when we did the motor swap.

No its wasn't, and the wiring isn't a mess, and... who ARE you?

WGR4Pussies
06-22-2004, 02:46 PM

No its wasn't, and the wiring isn't a mess, and... who ARE you?

I'm a part time mechanic at Specs auto, where the motor swap was done, At the time, the wiring was a mess(alot of Ricer pedals and shit), and the muffler tips weren't there(they were big 3 inch or so tips instead.) and it didn't have full costom exhaust, but that could have changed since I last saw it, that manual swap was hard. The butterflies in the intake manifold were also wired open, and we used the stock accord TB, but that really doesn't make a difference. so the car is still cool

Lennon
06-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Yeah, now it has a full exaust due to whoever welded that mess of an exaust exention. So we ripped that right outa there, (hope it wasn't you for your sake) IT was a mess.

Wiring is all out, cleaned up, way different then when you woulda seen it. Anyways. Honda_boy, you can PM either me, or SleeperD for more info or contacting us.

WGR4Pussies
06-22-2004, 06:39 PM
lol, yeah, I'm pretty sure we didn't do the exhaust on it originally,

it was funny cause we had never put one of those in that car before and it started and ran fine on the stock Ecu, even with out a TPS, exhaust, or a battery:D

fcuk_it
06-22-2004, 07:32 PM
the h22a is a direct swap in a 90-97 accord... 98-2002 will fit w/ little mods but still still fit... the b16a1 will fit 86-89 efi accords.. it is a direct drop in

Lennon
06-22-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
lol, yeah, I'm pretty sure we didn't do the exhaust on it originally,

it was funny cause we had never put one of those in that car before and it started and ran fine on the stock Ecu, even with out a TPS, exhaust, or a battery:D

It didn't run fine, we had to do a lot, but I'm not going to get into it now.

WGR4Pussies
06-22-2004, 09:21 PM

It didn't run fine, we had to do a lot, but I'm not going to get into it now.

lol, it started up and ran fine, we never reved it up, all we were to do was the mechanical, the electrical was for someone else, how is the car now, any problems?