PDA

View Full Version : Another "I hate UPS" thread

lint
06-22-2004, 12:42 PM
IBM used UPS to deliver a laptop I ordered last week. Well, UPS never called me to let me know when they were delivering, so they delivered yesterday morning, and since no one was home, decided to leave my new laptop on my back porch! Who the hell does this? No other courier has ever left a big ass package like that just sitting there. I don't leave anything of value out in my neighbourhood. Living near a jr high, there're always kids loitering around in the back alley, anyone could have easily seen the guy drop the package off. And when it says IBM on it.....
Needless to say, when I got home at 6, nothing to be found. I hate UPS! Now I have to work with IBM to see what they're going to do.

Dj_Stylz
06-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Damn man thats so dumb

hjr
06-22-2004, 12:46 PM
fuck, you didnt receive it man, You did NOT sign for it so you didnt recieve it. UPS 'lost' it in transport. Not your fault, but theirs. dont let them tell you they delivered it, if it wasnt signed for, you didnt accept delivery and ups is jacked cause its their responsibility to get it to you.

1badPT
06-22-2004, 12:49 PM
That's good that IBM is helping you out, but it is UPS who should be fixing this situation, since it was their actions that caused the loss. You should call them and ask who signed for delivery of the package?

GL with that - geez, drivers really don't have difficult jobs - take the package off the back of the truck, ring the doorbell, get a signature, walk away. If no one answers the doorbell, they are to leave a note for pickup and take the package with them back to the depot.

lint
06-22-2004, 12:51 PM
There's no way anyone signed for it. IBM has been good so far, they're the ones who confirmed with UPS that they left it at the rear of the house. They should be sending a replacement, but they should be taking it out of UPS's insurance.
Fuck the brown.

roopi
06-22-2004, 01:06 PM
UPS always does this. I've had a couple packages left on the step or with a neighbor. :rolleyes:

Weapon_R
06-22-2004, 01:10 PM
You guys are lucky - with me, they throw packages on my front steps and leave if no one is home...

///M3
06-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
You guys are lucky - with me, they throw packages on my front steps and leave if no one is home...

Then why use ups, if thats who your talking about.:dunno:

roopi
06-22-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by ///M3

Because some companies only ship with UPS.

Weapon_R
06-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ///M3

Any reputable company will only deal with Fedex or UPS. I hate to break it to ya, but its the same in Canada - companies will ship with those who serve them best. Both UPS and Fedex come and pick up your shipments. USPS and Canada post do not. For a company shipping thousands of units each year, its virtually impossible for you to request that someone drive over to the USPS office and ship it. Just won't happen.

BebeAphrodite
06-22-2004, 01:51 PM
how do u know they throw the packages? do they sometimes come damaged?

so it's not a UPS policy that you need to sign for it?

accordboi_02
06-22-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by lint
IBM used UPS to deliver a laptop I ordered last week. Well, UPS never called me to let me know when they were delivering, so they delivered yesterday morning, and since no one was home, decided to leave my new laptop on my back porch! Who the hell does this? No other courier has ever left a big ass package like that just sitting there. I don't leave anything of value out in my neighbourhood. Living near a jr high, there're always kids loitering around in the back alley, anyone could have easily seen the guy drop the package off. And when it says IBM on it.....
Needless to say, when I got home at 6, nothing to be found. I hate UPS! Now I have to work with IBM to see what they're going to do.

That's shitty man, someone got lucky in stealing a nice new T40 :whipped:

Puro dropped off my Laptop, but even with the pre-auth sticker I have so they can drop it off at my house without a sig, the driver took it back with him, b/c he was uncomfortable leaving something that was obviously worth some money out in the open. Fucking idiot UPS driver should be fired for stupid shit like that. :banghead:

Gonthro
06-22-2004, 01:56 PM
most companies only make ya sign for it if the sender requests it.

Altezza
06-22-2004, 02:20 PM
IIRC, there is a special option on the UPS waybill for one to specify whether a signature is required at delivery.

1badPT
06-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
how do u know they throw the packages? do they sometimes come damaged?
I've worked at a UPS packing plant for ONE day (back in Ontario as a starving student). Trust me when I say there is no love given with the handling of boxes by UPS or any shipping company for that matter. Oh and fragile stickers don't mean anything.

davidI
06-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT

I've worked at a UPS packing plant for ONE day (back in Ontario as a starving student). Trust me when I say there is no love given with the handling of boxes by UPS or any shipping company for that matter. Oh and fragile stickers don't mean anything.

I got an exhaust that had to be shipped through UPS and you should have seen the box when it got here!!!! It wasn't really so much a box as scraps of cardboard taped around my exhaust. Good thing it was an exhaust and not something more fragile.

lint
06-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by accordboi_02

That's shitty man, someone got lucky in stealing a nice new T40 :whipped:

Puro dropped off my Laptop, but even with the pre-auth sticker I have so they can drop it off at my house without a sig, the driver took it back with him, b/c he was uncomfortable leaving something that was obviously worth some money out in the open. Fucking idiot UPS driver should be fired for stupid shit like that. :banghead:

That's the way it should be done. I mean, I have no problem with dropping it off with someone in the house, if someone was home. I always thought a signature was madatory. If it's not, it's soo easy to get screwed over.

Skylinelover
06-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Fedex did that once but it was only like a 20 dollar item. And when i got my PS2 back from sony (also shipped by fedex) there was mud on one side of the box and the cardboard was crushed on that side. And now my PS2 cd holder thing doesn't open every time.

SpoonEK9@STRD
06-22-2004, 03:46 PM
Yeah it happens to me lots, ups truley does suck. They always leave pakages in front of my door if no one is home, 4 -5 pakages this has happened with. Good thing i live in a good neighborhood and dont have to worry about a theft.

freakin
06-22-2004, 03:48 PM
At my last job, I recieved a package from Purolator that looked fine from the outside. Didn't think anything of it when I signed off. Once I opened the box to see what it was, I found a couple oil soaked boxes of computer parts. The damaged the goods in transit, then re-boxed them in another box and dropped it off like nothing happened.

When I called to get an adjuster to come look at it, the first thing they said was that there was not much they would do because I signed for it. We had to threaten them with legal action before they paid up. Those two little boxes were were well over $5,000, and the parts where completely useless.

I couldn't belive that they tried to pull that shit!!

Skylinelover
06-22-2004, 04:06 PM
^^ That is stupid you shoudl of took legal action and got more out of them

finboy
06-22-2004, 05:33 PM
i usualy try for postal service, as they will keep the item at one of their locations. one day i came home and my intercooler (imagine a 3 foot X 17" x 6") was sitting on my front steps in broad daylight. i would have flipped if someone stole it. :banghead:

Ajay
06-22-2004, 06:51 PM
That's really weird. Everytime I've received something from UPS and there's been nobody home to sign for it they leave a notice saying they'll come back the next day or if I want I can leave them special instructions to drop it off on my rear steps.

Only issue I had was with FedEx.....but even then it wasn't that bad of a deal. Was in the shower when they came so they dropped my amp off with my neighbor.

UPS blows ass.

ZMan2k2
06-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Any reputable company will only deal with Fedex or UPS. I hate to break it to ya, but its the same in Canada - companies will ship with those who serve them best. Both UPS and Fedex come and pick up your shipments. USPS and Canada post do not. For a company shipping thousands of units each year, its virtually impossible for you to request that someone drive over to the USPS office and ship it. Just won't happen.

Actually Canada post does come to pick up shipments. I did that for about a year. Either in the small trucks, or in 5 tons. The only difference between Canada post and other courier companies, is we have so many other large shipments and lettermail and whatnot, that we have a set time to come and pick up, where the courier companies are an on demand pick-up. That's it.

saiyajin
06-22-2004, 08:15 PM
hmmm i think Purelator(sp?) is good i ordered a ps2 steering wheel that was shipped by them no one was home when they delivered so i had to go pick it up at their office and i think all companies should do that although i guess having to go pick it up is a hassle but better than them leaving it outside an everything :guns:

Kamen
06-22-2004, 08:16 PM
No everyone is right. UPS is gay. Back in September when I ordered my 5.8ghz phone off ebay the seller sent it by UPS and it was supposed to get here by a week at most but those bastards took a month before they called me and I had to drive to their fucking office to pick it up. :guns:

V6-BoI
06-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Whoa that's crappy. I thought the folks at UPS would know better than that to leave it on you back porch. What a bunch of bastards, hope you everything works out for you though, and you get a new one.

Ajay
06-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
hmmm i think Purelator(sp?) is good i ordered a ps2 steering wheel that was shipped by them no one was home when they delivered so i had to go pick it up at their office and i think all companies should do that although i guess having to go pick it up is a hassle but better than them leaving it outside an everything :guns:

Yah I haven't had any issues with Purolator. When I bought my computer from Dell they shipped it with Purolator. No one was home so they left me a notice saying I could come pick it up at their offices by the airport after 8PM.

I agree...that's how all the places should do it.

Boost Infested
06-22-2004, 11:14 PM
yup, they've left a huge ass intercooler in my front porch once but i live in a good area....! i was like wtf?!?

freakin
06-23-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Skylinelover
^^ That is stupid you shoudl of took legal action and got more out of them

They ended up eating the costs of the parts, but we had to re-order them. It put us a couple days behind on that job, but it was just a huge pain in the ass. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if they just said, 'oops, we fucked up. Can you still use the parts? If not we'll replace them.' I just really hate when people try to pull shit like that and them blame it on you. It's like dealing with my ex-girlfriend. :guns:

REFLUX
06-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by davidI
I got an exhaust that had to be shipped through UPS and you should have seen the box when it got here!!!! It wasn't really so much a box as scraps of cardboard taped around my exhaust. Good thing it was an exhaust and not something more fragile.

EXACT same thing happened to me
got an exhaust, box was torn to SHIT and some crap ass packing tape held it together
fugging dented the muffler too!
:thumbsdow

lint
06-23-2004, 02:39 PM
Well I just got a small update, the file is still going to web orders, but they informed me that IBM's policy is not to have their couriers leave packages unattended, so I'm pretty sure that means that UPS is on the hook. I just want my damn laptop.

lint
07-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Another update. UPS is investigating the first delivery, and they want me to file the police report. My question is, if the package was never signed for, but delivered to my property, is it my responsibility to file the report or UPS's? I would think that if I haven't signed for it, it doesn't belong to me, therefore how do I report something missing that doesn't belong to me? Seems like they're trying to pass the buck.
Anyone?

audiraj
07-07-2004, 03:49 PM
What is with UPS charging copious brokerage fees for items shipped from the US

I just recieved a package which was marked $100 US (GIFT)
so UPS charged me $3.00 for customs and $28.00 for a brokerage FEE

WTF????

Does anyone know how I can avoid this in the future??

Strider
07-07-2004, 04:23 PM
use USPS instead
fedex charges brokerage too.

benyl
07-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by audiraj
What is with UPS charging copious brokerage fees for items shipped from the US

I just recieved a package which was marked $100 US (GIFT)
so UPS charged me $3.00 for customs and $28.00 for a brokerage FEE

WTF????

Does anyone know how I can avoid this in the future??

Use FedEx Air or UPS Air...

Seks
07-09-2004, 10:02 AM
To make it brief, this is what the receiver in Las Vegas received from me via UPS Standard:

http://members.shaw.ca/seks/windstone-dragon-damaged-01.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/seks/windstone-dragon-damaged-02.jpg

At the lcoal UPS depot, I put down "Statue of Dragon" for description and $250 CAD for insurance on my shipping waybill. Girl at the counter verbally confirm with me that it's a statue.

Filed a complained, 3rd party insurance adjuster for UPS denied my claim cuz they have to follow UPS policy which is they don't not insure ceramics, glass, porcelain, etc.

I am now fighting with UPS over this and it has been almost 2 months. UPS says it's my responsibility to find out from their terms and conditions about the policy.

If nothing comes out of this, I'm gonna talk to the legal department in my company and see what action I can do. Right now, the $250 is not what I'm worry about, it's more about UPS not being fair to its customers and that any insurance you pay for is worthless.

FoRn420
07-11-2004, 05:40 PM
ups ... just like the insurance industry, ROBBERS!!! FIENDS!!!
STRAIGHT UP ASSHOLE MUTHAFUCKIN PIECES OF SHIT!!!:whipped: :whipped: :guns: :guns:

:bullshit:

rage2
07-11-2004, 07:03 PM
UPS has a (new?) policy of not insuring anything USED either.

Neil4Speed
07-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Friggin Hell tell me about it. I HATE UPS, fine I can accept duty, because I mean, thats free trade eh? :rolleyes: (don't get me started..) but seriously, they jack up the price for their "brokerage" fees. Its total horseshit. I had to may $70 in Duty for a CDN $230 Guitar and Amp. Not to mention that it was banged up so bad when I got it!!

But seriously UPS sucks balls, they always deliver at 2 oclock in the afternoon. There are not very many residences that are available 2 oclock in the afternoon!! Then they make you drive out (remember to make an appointment though!! :rolleyes: ) to their friggin warehouse int he NE.

Also, just got a dvd player for my laptop.

DVD Player US $31.00, Postage US $18.99:banghead: , Duty and UPS shit CDN $32.00, WTFFFFF grrr.

Seks
07-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Here's an interesting site...

http://www.unitedpackagesmashers.com/?page=inside.php

rogue
07-12-2004, 07:38 PM
unless you have a clearance sticker or left a note they can not leave with out a signature so they are liable but if you have a signature not required sticker on your house/ door/ mailbox then you MIGHT be liable. I say might because a courier is supposed to use their discretion and common sense as what to leave. I leave letters or anything not to pricey looking even if they leave a note i do not leave a computer to risky what if it rained for crying out loud gotta use the good old head. Call ups and they should pay for it.

rogue
07-12-2004, 07:40 PM
as for those pics if a trailer mashes the brakes or a plane has a rough landing that is gonna happen no matter who you use it is the customer service in resolving the issue after it happens that really can make the difference. That was pretty bad though i unloaded a plane after a tire popped and everying shifted and nowhere near as bad as that.

googe
07-13-2004, 02:00 AM
I like fedex because they bill you later to rape you for the huge fees after you have your package already.

Then you can throw them in the garbage :D

Neil4Speed
10-21-2004, 12:46 AM
This has happened to me ONCE again, fucking Bought my ipod (receipt shows 17X cdn) and i get footed with a freaking $50 in taxes. I should know better I guess, but its exceptionally hard to find big sellers who don't ship by UPS)

I hate this fucking company with a passion, They give "Brown" a bad name

hexified
10-21-2004, 07:50 AM
I remember when i ordered my Alpine deck for my car through UPS...they charged me around $150 for duties ontop of like $70 for GST...and the deck cost $400....so i guess they feel its ok to charge you duties&taxes that cost you half the amount of the item you bought :guns:

BigDannyCool
10-21-2004, 11:11 AM
too bad the laptop wasn't still on your porch..then you'd have two laptops. They wouldn't be able to prove you had it..