PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Prelude Meet - July 17/04

D-Man
06-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Since the Western Canadian Prelude Meet has been cancelled, there is no reason why us Alberta Prelude Enthusiasts can't still get together.

Event: V8less Sport Compact Challenge
Date: Saturday July 17, 2004
Time: 3pm roll-in (participants), 5pm - 12 midnight (spectators)

The V8less SCC includes 1/4 drag racing, auto-x on the oval, spl sound off, drift demonstration, entertainment, and much much more...

I beleive it's $25 to enter the show and that includes entrance to the event as well.

I hope to see you all there.

hondarunner
06-22-2004, 06:08 PM
how much to just enter the spl sound off??

D-Man
06-23-2004, 07:59 AM
From the website, the registration cost for the soundoff is TBA. Keep yourself informed by checking out thesport compact challenge (http://www.sportcompactchallenge.ca/july17/index.php) website.

D-Man
06-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Is anyone interested in this?

5gluder
07-04-2004, 10:34 PM
I'll be there:thumbsup:

funkytuqe
07-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Ill be there!
Cummon, there's gotta be more calgary luders here.:burnout:

1-Bar
07-06-2004, 11:56 PM
I'm in

ryder_23
07-07-2004, 01:15 AM
What if your car is Super Stock? just to come to the meet? :D

rc2002
07-07-2004, 08:03 AM
I'll probably be there. Don't know if I'll be racing or in the show, but I'll definitely come to check it out!

D-Man
07-07-2004, 08:29 AM
This event is in conjunction with the V8less Sport Compact Challenge, however, you're car doesn't have to be modified to take part.

The idea is to get as many preludes together as humanly possible. All that is required is that you drive a prelude, any year/any condition, stock or modified, and you are enthusiastic about the car you drive.

The only draw back is that this will take place within the gates of the V8less venue, not out in the parking lot of Race City. So, in order to participate, the minimum requirement is that you pay the show-off registration cost of $25. It's not much more than the cost of admission and you get preferred parking :thumbsup:

Just think of the great photo opportunities...

yohan4ws
07-07-2004, 05:04 PM
I'll be there with this ::
http://www.kleerdome.com/images/hondaprelude-np.jpg

Everybody with a Prelude any year / shape / style stock or modded has to come out and represent.

Last years 7 car turnout for the Calgary Prelude meet was embarassing...

Admission == $12 , Rolling up to get into the meet with a Prelude, $25 ... the picture opportunities if there is good interest .. Priceless!

5gluder
07-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Do you pay the $25 at the door? Exactly how does this work?

funkytuqe
07-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Yah, wha do we do when we get there?? Just go in, regiseter then say we are with the Alberta Prelude meet and they will tell us where to go??

D-Man
07-08-2004, 07:55 AM
We will be having a pre-meet at the car wash just off barlow trail and 114 Ave SE. Time will be from 1-2pm.

This will give everyone an opportunity to meet up, wash their cars (especially those that are coming from Edmonton & Red Deer), and cruise to Race City together.

If you're unable to make it to the pre-meet, just go to Race City and look for the show entrance. There is no pre-registration, just pay the $25 and you're in. Make sure that you say your with the Edmonton Prelude Club.

Just make sure that you arrive prior to 5pm so that you can get in... Oh, and bring chairs, cool drinks, and your camera...

I hope to see you all there :thumbsup:

MM99lude
07-08-2004, 01:21 PM
yup i'm in!

with all my dings and paint chips filled too!

oh and roll'n on 19's too:thumbsup:

D-Man
07-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Just a reminder, this is this weekend!

Tell your friends, tell other luders you see on the street that this is taking place.

I will also be accepting payment for EPC memberships and will have EPC decals on hand for sale.

I hope to see you all there!

D-Man
07-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Anyone else?

D-Man
07-14-2004, 08:00 AM
Looks like the EPC has 10 confirmed ludes coming down to Calgary :thumbsup:

D-Man
07-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Is anyone drag racing, auto crossing or entering the SPL?

funkytuqe
07-14-2004, 04:34 PM
I wanted to do auto-cross, but my car won't be done so i'll come for the meet only.

D-Man
07-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by funkytuqe
I wanted to do auto-cross, but my car won't be done so i'll come for the meet only.

Cool! I believe 2 of the EPC members (whom you know) will be bringing their 2nd gens down...

D-Man
07-19-2004, 09:14 AM
Firstly, I would like to thank all those that made the trek to take part in this event. It was a great representation for the club, especially for an event hosted in Calgary. With 11 club members in attendance, it was a sight to see.

With such a great representation of club members, the EPC was awarded the "best show team" award. We couldn't have done it without all of you dedicated members.

In addition, ManHunter took home "best prelude" and "best exterior", and myself (Xx D-Man xX) was awarded "honourable mention for best prelude".

Oh, and a big thanks to 5gluder for bringing the tent. It was much need shade on such a hot hot sunny day.

I hope that everyone had a good time even thought the turnout for both the show & shine and drag racing just wasn't there. I don't know if it's just the calgary scene or being stampede weekend but it was pretty dissapointing.

For all those that did come, I hope you all enjoy your prizes. Just a note, they were generously donated by our affliated vendors...

I hope we can continue this excellent representation at some of the upcoming local shows.

For all you prelude lurkers that parked in the parking lot, I hope one day you decide to take part in the next prelude meet.....