PDA

View Full Version : New Black SiR Hatchback

max_boost
10-25-2002, 02:40 PM
I was driving on Deerfoot and out of nowhere flys this Black SiR hatchback, tinted windows, lowered and has a bodykit......I use to think these new hatchback coupes were so ugly but I must say that this one I saw was pretty nice........it looked like a simple 4 piece add on lip kit......:thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
10-25-2002, 03:35 PM
the new sirs rock man!

Ferio_vti
10-25-2002, 03:43 PM
Was that black SiR you saw from BC?? I saw one a couple weeks a go going down Macleod into the core.

max_boost
10-25-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Was that black SiR you saw from BC?? I saw one a couple weeks a go going down Macleod into the core.

The dude just flew by......I think he must of hit VTEC, thats why I didn't see his license plate:D

Ferio_vti
10-25-2002, 03:58 PM
Must have been a different guy. The guy I saw was driving like an old lady.

Redlyne_mr2
10-25-2002, 04:09 PM
you sure it was a dude, a friend of mine has a new sir, she has it as modified as you can get it for an sir. Her liscence plate reads Daizy

Ferio_vti
10-25-2002, 04:29 PM
Yah, it was a guy, the SiR I saw anyways. He was going slow enough for me to see. Not sure about what MB saw.

nookmumracing
10-26-2002, 09:16 AM
T and T has a black one modded up rollin around. Driver could of been Mr. Rev a.k.a T-racer
:burnout:

girlRACER
10-27-2002, 03:34 PM
Last week I went with a friend to T&T Honda to look at the Civic SIR but no one would give us any service. :dunno: Some of the sales people were standing around having a conversation about my car and saying, "It even has a spoiler on it" and wondering if it was an SLK or CLK...too weird. I don't think they knew that it was me.

Anyways, the one in the showroom has tinted windows, rims, body kit and exhaust and it's selling for about $29,000 I think. Who would pay that much for a civic?

girlRACER
10-27-2002, 03:36 PM
One other thing I noticed about the SIR is the position of the stick shift...it's on the center console...don't really like it.

Ben
10-27-2002, 03:44 PM
I'm so not a fan of the new SIR

92 Teg-B18A
10-27-2002, 07:18 PM
I played with the shifter at last year's World of Wheels. At first it was a little awkward but after a bit it was quite comfy. You don't have to drop your had down as far to shift. Plus it acts as the perfect handrest in order to play with the radio/cd

The new SiR is some tasty goodness,mmmhhmm, yes it is :D:thumbsup: :burnout:

GTS Jeff
10-27-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
One other thing I noticed about the SIR is the position of the stick shift...it's on the center console...don't really like it. have u driven one? its actually really nice to have the shifter superclose to the steering wheel so u dont have to move your arm much when u want to get at the shifter.

another good thing about the shifter is that the throws are really short and SCHNIPPY.

seriously, i suck at standard and the sir is the only car ive driven where i could drive it perfectly

Dope Dealer
10-27-2002, 08:25 PM
Aren't most shifters near the center consoles in cars sold in Europe? That's what I was told, but not sure if it was true.

HRD2PLZ
10-27-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer
Aren't most shifters near the center consoles in cars sold in Europe? That's what I was told, but not sure if it was true.

Not that I have seen. I bought a few car magazines when I was over there and I didn't see any cars besides the SIR that had that shifter position :dunno:

Stratus_Power
10-27-2002, 11:32 PM
doesnt the Matrix shift like that too?

GTS Jeff
10-27-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by szw
rubbery shifter == bad

But most honda transmissions are pretty smooth. At least from my limited experience. well not rubbery then...but it sorta goes "schnip" into the next gear....very nice feeling!

92 Teg-B18A
10-27-2002, 11:53 PM
I think what Jeff TYPE R is trying to say is that it has a crisp feel to it:dunno:

drox
10-29-2002, 12:35 AM
Sorry... But I had to :D
http://www.lamer.net/vtec.jpg

GTS Jeff
10-29-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by drox
Sorry... But I had to :D
http://www.lamer.net/vtec.jpg the new sirs technically dont even have vtec...

:rolleyes:

max_boost
10-29-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
the new sirs technically dont even have vtec...

:rolleyes:

iVTEC? I don't even know how that works:rofl:

GTS Jeff
10-29-2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

iVTEC? I don't even know how that works:rofl: its just normal vtec and infinitely variable camshaft phasing working at the same time...it takes hte punch out of the vtec crossover, but the end result is a lot more low end torque

Ferio_vti
10-29-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
its just normal vtec and infinitely variable camshaft phasing working at the same time...it takes hte punch out of the vtec crossover, but the end result is a lot more low end torque

Isn't I-Vtec, basically having vtec in the full rpm range, instead of at a set rpm?? Punch it at any power range/rpm, you got vtec sort of thing.

drox
10-29-2002, 01:12 PM
Yes. The computer controls the vtec lobe on the intake, and goes to it whenever to floor it, I believe anyways.

GTS Jeff
10-29-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

Isn't I-Vtec, basically having vtec in the full rpm range, instead of at a set rpm?? Punch it at any power range/rpm, you got vtec sort of thing.
Yes. The computer controls the vtec lobe on the intake, and goes to it whenever to floor it, I believe anyways. nope, ure both dead wrong.

ivtec is just the name for 2 technologies working together. it combines vtec with vtc. vtec works the exact same as it always has...uses oil pressure so that the aggressive profile lobes kick in at a certain rpm. vtc is infintitely variable camshaft phasing...basically advances or retards the camshaft phasing up to 40 degrees. so u can do funky stuff like retarding the camshaft at low rpms and advancing it at higher rpms....this improves performance and saves gas too. actually tons of cars have some sort of vtc goin on nowadays.

vtec+vtc=ivtec.

the reason u dont feel the crossover to the aggressive lobes as much is cuz vtc is already maximizing power output at all rpms, so theres no dip in power before the crossover like in the old vtec systems.

drox
10-29-2002, 04:04 PM
Not like the old vtec did a "throw you into your seat" cross over anyways :)

GTS Jeff
10-29-2002, 04:08 PM
Not like the old vtec did a "throw you into your seat" cross over anyways :) it just felt that way cuz there was a huge drop in power right before the cross over