PDA

View Full Version : can i do anything

civicrider
06-23-2004, 07:12 PM
today i was out driving and there was a manhole sticking out of the road, no bump signs or anything, i couldnt dodge it and it ripped off my front end, is there anyway i can get the city to pay for it or is it TS for me because i drive a modded car.

Skylinelover
06-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Was there a lid laying around?... You should call the city and in-form them about it becuase that is dangerous.

ehos
06-23-2004, 07:16 PM
It's on you actually (even if you don't drive a modded car).

City isn't responsible for pot holes, manhole covers, rocks, anything. You drive, it's your responsibility.

Wierd huh?

Crazy world, where you have to be responsible for your own stuff/actions.

Crazy!

WGR4Pussies
06-23-2004, 07:17 PM
if you were paying attention, you would have missed it.

Skylinelover
06-23-2004, 07:19 PM
^^
i couldnt dodge it and it ripped off my front end HMM

turbo_equiped
06-23-2004, 07:22 PM
still thats kinda harsh.
might as well wanna check it out with someone. might get somethin out of it. you never know.

5.9 R/T
06-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Well I hope that you can get the city to pay for it. I, for one, have no problems with paying taxes so you can put another front bumper on your civic.

Skylinelover
06-23-2004, 07:28 PM
^^ But what about other people that could careless about it.. Do you think they want to pay. :dunno:

bigboom
06-23-2004, 08:21 PM
actually if things like potholes and what not cause damage a lot of times they will pay for it. ask clive, he had his wheels fixed by the city...

rage2
06-23-2004, 08:25 PM
With the crazy amounts of construction, it's getting dangerous out there. Crowchild is horrible for low cars right now (yes even stock ride heights on some cars). The top part of the cement is ripped off, and the manhole covers stick up a lot (I'm guessing 2 inches). If it doesn't take out a front bumper, it'll fuck up your suspension unless you seriously hold up traffic and drive 20km/h.

Weaving isn't exactly an option too, it's all over the lanes!

civicrider
06-23-2004, 08:26 PM
i was paying attention but im pretty sure swirving into on comming traffic would cause alot more damage.
hmm i hope people have complianed about this so i have a chance at getting a new bumper

5.9 R/T
06-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover
^^ But what about other people that could careless about it.. Do you think they want to pay. :dunno:

I'm sure everyone in the city shares my opinion that if a modified car incurs damage because of their modifications that they should be reimbursed. I have no problem with working hard so my money can go to getting someone else a new bumper.

Weapon_R
06-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
today i was out driving and there was a manhole sticking out of the road, no bump signs or anything, i couldnt dodge it and it ripped off my front end, is there anyway i can get the city to pay for it or is it TS for me because i drive a modded car.

The city won't pay for it. You can see these protruding manholes from a mile away. Did you expect them to post a sign at every manhole warning you of an upcoming manhole? Weave through them or drive slowly over them.

hockeybronx
06-23-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
if you were paying attention, you would have missed it.

Man shut the hell up, that's the worse thing you could have said in this post. Accidents happen and he's just wondering what he can do. As if you've never made a mistake while driving. After he rips the front end of his car off the last thing he needs is stupid comments like that.

Strider
06-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

The city won't pay for it. You can see these protruding manholes from a mile away. Did you expect them to post a sign at every manhole warning you of an upcoming manhole? Weave through them or drive slowly over them.

agreed... they usually have signs before the constuction zone, and most of the time, they paint around the manhole with bright marking paint... I would say that the city takes every precaution that they could to warn people, and beyond that, there's nothing they can do. And face it, the roads need to be fixed, or else people will complain about potholes.

civicrider
06-24-2004, 12:03 AM
well here there was no paint, no construction signs or any sign so thats why im questioning it, it just pisses me off how shitty they make the roads, this road was just built and it still is shitty. :guns:

Lo Pro
06-24-2004, 12:44 AM
i was in the car and he fuckian slowed down for the bump he was only going 50 km, and dont tell me you dont drive a lowered car, you should know no matter how slow you go its a rough ride going over bumps and some times you cant always see it