PDA

View Full Version : Spin Nightclub

Wildcat
06-23-2004, 07:24 PM
So what do you guys/gals think of it so far? questions, comments, opinions? please share, id like to hear them.

edit: for those out of the loop "Spin Nightclub" is the newly renovated "Metro" across from Chinook which has been bought up by new ownership and opened to the public last Thursday.

Note: the club is still under extensive construction, things are such a rush trying to get things ready for the weekends.

davidI
06-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Do you have a part in Spin or why the curiousity?

BigShow
06-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Out of the loop? I just don't care about these cheezy holes.

finboy
06-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by BigShow
Out of the loop? I just don't care about these cheezy holes.

:werd:

eb0i
06-23-2004, 10:02 PM
I went there just this past weekend as a part of a pub crawl saturday night.

And well.....spin is pretty crappy. Looks like a grayer Metro. Nothing has changed really. Well the Dj booth is elevated.....

otherwise the bars are all in the same place.....dancefloors pretty much in the same place....

nothing to impressive.

5.9 R/T
06-23-2004, 11:32 PM
try this. dont open until you're ready. i find this works rather well.

Wildcat
06-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
try this. dont open until you're ready. i find this works rather well.

yah i hear ya, but when the money is coming in and thers a lineup around the building at 10, its hard to complain. :dunno: (if you work ther that is ;) )

GT2NV
06-23-2004, 11:41 PM
whiskey is my fav right now:thumbsup: gonna go to spin on friday i think..

5.9 R/T
06-23-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

yah i hear ya, but when the money is coming in and thers a lineup around the building at 10, its hard to complain. :dunno: (if you work ther that is ;) )

True, but I recommend you start looking for a job in 3 months, because in 6 you won't have one.

fcuk_it
06-24-2004, 12:34 AM
ehhh that bar SUCKS!!! imagine the young/hardcore crowd from euphoria there... all the palace rejects hang out there.. metro was way better.. does anyone remember the sunday $1 beer bottle nights... man bring 20 bucks and your done for... haha

3g4me
06-24-2004, 10:54 AM
I didnt like it. Its pretty much Metro. I wont waste my time or $ going there again.

Gonthro
06-24-2004, 11:10 AM

thats not a good thing, i went to metro once, one of my biggest rreasons for never going back was the stupid lineup.

Drew
06-24-2004, 05:06 PM
haven't been cause i have yet to hear one good thing about that place so i'm not goin either

Wildcat
06-24-2004, 11:08 PM
wow, no positive comments, everyone's overall attitude here says "its teh suck", what are your opinions and ideas as to how we can make it better?

davidI
06-25-2004, 11:06 AM
wow, no positive comments, everyone's overall attitude here says "its teh suck", what are your opinions and ideas as to how we can make it better?

Haven't been yet but overall I only go to bars with cheap drinks and no line-up or places where I know enough people to go in the back.

QuasarCav
06-25-2004, 11:22 AM
I have to go there tonight, I hate bars so i'll probably not like this one.

Last time i went to metro you practically had to grab the bartender to get a drink.

ApexDrift
06-25-2004, 12:37 PM
they just painted the walls, cleaned the floors and thats bout it! the bar tenders didnt know how to make drinks, music was same old same old i swear they played "yeah" 3 times, smelled like ass... i payed $16 for a double crown

hey every body looks like metro opened back up

Weapon_R
06-25-2004, 12:48 PM

Here's a hint: Metro sucked, and people are telling you that its just metro with new paint. That's your first indication.

I'll go even further with reasons why Metro sucked:

There are better bars in the city. If i'm going out, i'm not going to Metro because there are better places to spend money in.

Too many hardcore punks there. I've never been to Spin, but word of mouth of a powerful thing. And I won't be going there - Metro made the Taz look mature.

Lineups suck - nothing you can really do about that, but if theres a lineup, I won't go. Same with a lot of people. And they will develop that mentality and not go period.

Hope that helps. Good luck with the new place.

ZorroAMG
06-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Metro had HANDS DOWN the worst crowd this side of the Cecil hotel, and that's INCLUDING the Back Alley. The rejects that loved the Palace will most certainly end up there and I have no desire/intention to fraternize with those types of low-lifes. That should just about cover my perspective/opinion on Spun.

davidI
06-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Lineups suck - nothing you can really do about that, but if theres a lineup, I won't go. Same with a lot of people. And they will develop that mentality and not go period.

I think there is a ton that can be done about that. The bouncers take their sweet ass time letting people in and it seems to be done for effect. At a lot of places they'll be keeping people back and not letting people go in and finally when you get in you realize there are more people on the outside waiting to go in than on the inside. Cowboys is very good at this. I'm just happy I don't have to wait too often.

finboy
06-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Metro had HANDS DOWN the worst crowd this side of the Cecil hotel, and that's INCLUDING the Back Alley. The rejects that loved the Palace will most certainly end up there and I have no desire/intention to fraternize with those types of low-lifes. That should just about cover my perspective/opinion on Spun.

i dunno man, jimmy's is pretty bad, but that metro did suck ass.

i went once, too crowded, lineup sucked, service sucked, the crowd sucked, so i refuse to go back, even if it has new paint and a new name.

A_3
06-25-2004, 07:48 PM
Had no line, no cover there last night... turned it down... good ol' 25 cent draft night at cowboys, can't beat that.

finboy
06-25-2004, 08:15 PM
VIP all beyond members, and free drinks

finboy
06-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
That should just about cover my perspective/opinion on Spun.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kohhua
06-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by fcuk_it
metro was way better.. does anyone remember the sunday $1 beer bottle nights... man bring 20 bucks and your done for... haha

haha, i used to go every sunday. cant beat a table full of beer infront of you for like 15bucks:thumbsup:

fcuk_it
06-25-2004, 09:50 PM
haha, i used to go every sunday. cant beat a table full of beer infront of you for like 15bucks

hahaha same here... get there at 930 and be wasted by 10 and party w/ all the drunk girls till 1ish... that was my sunday routine for months haha

PGTze
06-25-2004, 10:10 PM
I'm goin to Spin right now, I'll give my review tommorow, or whenever it is I get home.

PGTze
06-26-2004, 04:27 PM
I went to spin last night. it was okay, but certainly nothing special about it. They said the have three rooms there, but I only saw 2 :dunno:, but whatever I guess...

The Good:
- The place is a a decent size
- The music was pretty decent I'd say
- Decent amount of Ladies there
- I wasn't bored at any point in time I was inside

The Bad:
- The line before we even got in was retarded. When we finally did get in I was expecting it to be packed, but it wasn't even close to full :dunno:
- Too many wanna be hardkore fags there :rolleyes:
- Bartenders seemed unproffesional and well actually they sucked
- Bouncers are unorganized and do a terrible job

The Ugly:
- I was dancing with three chicks (:D) when some guy gets punched in the face in the middle of the dance floor and this dude is coming after him flailing about and taking out one of the chicks I was with with a flying elbow smash with his 'boys' trailing closely behind. Now I've seen a few rumbles break out in clubs before, and whatever, it happens I guess, but I saw this 'gang' of guys (who were ironicly of the same race) walking around earlier just looking to pick shit. Why do these people even bother going to places like spin? People like this iswhy spin will fail :thumbsdow

RAXX
06-27-2004, 04:54 PM
guys not tryin 2 defend the place,but the reason bars have lineups is cause it gives the staff time 2 serve the customers.

imagine rollin in,and theres 200 ppl all tryin to get a drink or get cash out or check coats all at the same time.sure u got in but cha still cant get a drink 4 like 20 min!!

i always wondered y they did that 2.u wait like 20min just 2 find out theres 20 ppl inside till i worked at a bar now we all know.

............still bullshit though specially in the winter