PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...

Fraki
10-25-2002, 09:33 PM
I'm looking to buy a box for 4 12 inch subs, about how much are they worth, I don't wanna get ripped off, so I'm just lookin for people's opinions...

Thanks

dj_honda
10-26-2002, 12:46 PM
i have never seen a box for four of them being sold at like ur usual audio stores, so i am guessing u would have to get it custom built or build it urself

Fraki
10-26-2002, 02:19 PM
I know someone who builds them professionally, and he wants 140 for it. Am I getting a good deal or ripped off?

Thor
10-27-2002, 02:22 AM
Well... I suppose that depends...

I could build you a box for 140... sure it might leak like a sieve... be made out of 1/2 inch plywood... have twice the reccomended airspace and have it tuned to 52 hz...

but you won't be a return customer... :thumbsdow:

On the other hand... for 140 (or even more if you wanted to get really fancy) I could build you a box that was solid as a rock, sealed up tighter than a cheapskate's wallet, built to perfect manufacturer's spec... and when you look at it you would say " :hitit: " :thumbsup:

Don't judge this dude by what he says he can do... judge by what he has done... just because he is a "professional" doesn't mean his work is at or above par.

As for the price itself? if it's through a shop that's about right... if it's just a buddy doing it in his garage... that's a bit high (at least compared to what I charge for friends)

If the work is good... go for it.

my .02