PDA

View Full Version : Todd Bertuzzi is getting charged!

boi-alien
06-24-2004, 02:42 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/named/FS/NHL

roopi
06-24-2004, 03:01 PM
Good! Even though he won't get shit for it.

Gonthro
06-24-2004, 03:02 PM
w00pdy doo

being charged doesn't mean being convicted, and he dont care if he gets charge a couple mil, he just has to work another year or sell one of his houses, what a punishment.

CKY
06-24-2004, 04:57 PM
w/e is punishment is, he deserves it because being a public icon shouldn't cut you any slack on crime. (just like kobe's case) i just hope by the time he does get back he can play in full form

davidI
06-24-2004, 08:19 PM
I can't believe they charged him and not McSorely :dunno:

cman
06-24-2004, 08:23 PM
hes going to get off way to easy, as usual with big name athletes

turbo_equiped
06-24-2004, 08:25 PM
yea for sure. "getting charged" i bet he planned it out to, just
one of those publicity stunts!

lam-boy
06-24-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by davidI
I can't believe they charged him and not McSorely :dunno:

what are you talking about?

mcsorely got charged with assault with a weapon.

max_boost
06-24-2004, 09:03 PM
If OJ didn't have to go to jail, what makes you think Bertuzzi will:D

I see a huge fine and community service, that's about it.

davidI
06-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

what are you talking about?

mcsorely got charged with assault with a weapon.

My bad. I remember hearing all the talk about the possibility of him getting charged but I never realized he was actually charged. What came out of it?

finboy
06-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
If OJ didn't have to go to jail

juice man was innocent, the glove didn't fit

okay, maybe he did do it...

yea he probably did. :D

lam-boy
06-24-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by davidI

My bad. I remember hearing all the talk about the possibility of him getting charged but I never realized he was actually charged. What came out of it?

not 100% sure but i think it was 18 months in jail.

accordboi_02
06-25-2004, 12:33 AM

not 100% sure but i think it was 18 months in jail.

I believe that it was a suspended sentence, so no time in jail, plus he wasn't allowed to play in any game in which brashear was in.

If bert even gets a similar fate, it means 2 things:

1) he's going to have a HELL of a time trying to get across the border to play the Canucks games in the US, and

2) Moore is going to be one of THE most popular players for trade bait in the Western Conference, especially come playoff time.

Fuck Bertuzzi, I hope he never plays professional hockey again.

lam-boy
06-25-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by accordboi_02

I believe that it was a suspended sentence, so no time in jail, plus he wasn't allowed to play in any game in which brashear was in.

If bert even gets a similar fate, it means 2 things:

1) he's going to have a HELL of a time trying to get across the border to play the Canucks games in the US, and

2) Moore is going to be one of THE most popular players for trade bait in the Western Conference, especially come playoff time.

Fuck Bertuzzi, I hope he never plays professional hockey again.

are you sure? cause he got convicted for assualt with a weapon...

hockeybronx
06-25-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by CKY
i just hope by the time he does get back he can play in full form

Have no worries, no matter what happens he'll still come back and tear it up on the ice. Although I don't agree with what he did to Moore, he's still one hell of a power forward and one of my favorite players.

:rofl: True that man, I never even thought of that before!

CKY
06-25-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Have no worries, no matter what happens he'll still come back and tear it up on the ice. Although I don't agree with what he did to Moore, he's still one hell of a power forward and one of my favorite players.

:werd: hes the only one i like from canucks and IMO hes like a slower but bigger more powerful iginla. not to mention hes only 29 so he still has plenty of time to shine

Weapon_R
06-25-2004, 02:14 AM
Unfortunately he is going to become pussified after this. He will never be the strong hard hitting player he used to be for fear of player and fan opinion.

accordboi_02
06-25-2004, 11:27 AM

are you sure? cause he got convicted for assualt with a weapon...

Yeah I'm fairly positive, no jail time for McSorley; he even got off without any criminal record.

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Unfortunately he is going to become pussified after this. He will never be the strong hard hitting player he used to be for fear of player and fan opinion.

On top of him being pussified, who thinks that the refs aren't going to be watching this guy like a hawk.

I'm glad though, I've always hated Bertuzzi, he's a goon with some skill. The guy has no brain whatsoever, it's not like this is the first time that he has snapped and done something stupid.

I wouldn't put him even NEAR Iginla in terms of players. Iginla is a leader on and off the ice, and can score without someone named Naslund setting him up. Why was Bert so angry when Moore checked Naslund into the next month? Because he knew his gravy train was gone and he would be exposed for the hack he is.

lam-boy
06-25-2004, 12:46 PM

Yeah I'm fairly positive, no jail time for McSorley; he even got off without any criminal record.

On top of him being pussified, who thinks that the refs aren't going to be watching this guy like a hawk.

I'm glad though, I've always hated Bertuzzi, he's a goon with some skill. The guy has no brain whatsoever, it's not like this is the first time that he has snapped and done something stupid.

I wouldn't put him even NEAR Iginla in terms of players. Iginla is a leader on and off the ice, and can score without someone named Naslund setting him up. Why was Bert so angry when Moore checked Naslund into the next month? Because he knew his gravy train was gone and he would be exposed for the hack he is.

maybe ill check it up.

and yeah i agree with accord, bert is a goon haha. wasn't he the same one who jumped the bench and skated across the ice to beat someone up?

hockeybronx
06-25-2004, 01:04 PM
wasn't he the same one who jumped the bench and skated across the ice to beat someone up?

'The one'? Dude although it is wrong to do that, there has only been about 100 other players that have done that over the years. Back in the 70's if there was a fight on the ice both benches would clear and start fighting.

CKY
06-26-2004, 01:53 AM

thats why i said hes bigger and stronger but slow, ok maybe less crafty and a goon too but he has the heart to play and come out winning every game. not to mention he plays 2 lines

5.9 R/T
06-26-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
If OJ didn't have to go to jail, what makes you think Bertuzzi will:D

I see a huge fine and community service, that's about it.

I can hear it now:

"If the stick don't fit, you must acquit!"

eb0i
06-26-2004, 03:03 AM
I still remember how bertuzzi lost it in the last few minutes against the Wild in the playoffs 2 years ago and commited the most stupid penalties that ended up costing the Canucks the series. What a dumbass. I hope he never gets to play and if he does then at least half of his paycheck go to Moore if Moore can never play again.

in*10*se
06-26-2004, 03:28 AM
who's really surprised?

:rolleyes: :drama:

huss
06-28-2004, 01:56 PM
yea good im glad

big_k
06-28-2004, 02:31 PM
i totually agree with him being charged. I don't beleive anything will come of it, as usual, he might have to clean up the highway or some shit like that. i hope he doesn't play again, and might have to get a real job like the rest of us, but in reality, i won't be surprised one bit ifhe comes back.

hatetank
06-28-2004, 02:47 PM
FREE BERTUZZI.

http://www.freetuzzi.ca/naslundhit.jpg

Monday, February 16 2004:
"Naslund was reaching for a puck at centre ice when Moore cut sharply with a elbow that knocked the Canucks captain to the ice. Blood streaming down his face, Naslund was helped to the dressing room and didn't return for the third."

Nazzy was put out for 3 games after Moore left the puck to hit him, no call on the play. And it was, how they say, "ON".

finboy
06-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by hatetank
FREE BERTUZZI.

"Naslund was reaching for a puck at centre ice when Moore cut sharply with a elbow that knocked the Canucks captain to the ice. Blood streaming down his face, Naslund was helped to the dressing room and didn't return for the third."

Nazzy was put out for 3 games after Moore left the puck to hit him, no call on the play. And it was, how they say, "ON".

wtf? that picture shows a clean hit. naslund made the mistake of going down, and got injured as a result.

lam-boy
06-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by hatetank
FREE BERTUZZI.

bahahahahahahahaha!

that was a solid hit from moore :clap:

Kobe
06-29-2004, 04:05 PM
mmm dont see anything wrong with the hit, looks clean..Don cherry always said "go threw center ice with your head down, your gunna get hurt" Its a nice hit.

eb0i
06-29-2004, 06:48 PM
not only was his head down but the retard was pratically down on one knee leavin his head a lot lower.

It was clean.

and the last time i checked, naslund has the ability to play, whereas moore's future in the nhl is foggy...

dezmarez
07-05-2004, 04:33 PM
good
why would he do that

huss
07-07-2004, 12:52 AM
yup agreed...solid hit