PDA

View Full Version : game for the old school beyonders

Pages : [1] 2

finboy
06-24-2004, 07:17 PM
lets see how long this will go for, finish this sentance

you know you have been on beyond for a long time if...

rage2
06-24-2004, 07:21 PM
you know you have been on beyond for a long time if you remember the original drama that started this whole forum lol.

I don't think anyone can beat that haha.

1badPT
06-24-2004, 07:37 PM
lol well tell it to us newbies :D

WGR4Pussies
06-24-2004, 07:45 PM
you've been on beyond along time if you know that it use to be www.calgarystreetracing.com, hahahahahahaha, and that you can get to it from the web adress www.rage2.com

rage2
06-24-2004, 07:46 PM
"had to be there"

hehe.

Redlyne_mr2
06-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by rage2
you know you have been on beyond for a long time if you remember the original drama that started this whole forum lol.

Let us never speak of that website again lol. It's funny I was going to start a Beyond trivia but Im not sure if that would be such a good idea.

rage2
06-24-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
you've been on beyond along time if you know that it use to be www.calgarystreetracing.com, hahahahahahaha, and that you can get to it from the web adress www.rage2.com
haha we were never calgarystreetracing.com, that was something else.

We did have the streetracers.ca domain name, but we never used it. I think that diomain name finally died off heh.

///M3
06-24-2004, 07:51 PM

streetracers.ca

And your totally agianst street racing!!!!:D

rage2
06-24-2004, 07:55 PM
hey, I admit I used to be an avid street racer way back in the mid-late 90's. In fact, I learned how to drive street racing. Everything from the old bullshit @ deerfoot mall, to all out racing from point to point. Downtown to woodbine in 6 minutes. Downtown to Market mall in 4 mins. I set some stupid records back then :).

And yes, I'm totally against street racing (now anyways haha). I was young and stupid... what can you do hehe.

ecstasy_civic
06-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by finboy
lets see how long this will go for, finish this sentance

you know you have been on beyond for a long time if...

you know you have been on beyond for a long time if you can remember how few sections there were, and you could count on not seeing stupid posts from newbs and threads being whored by ducati or hockeybronx:rofl:

oh, and all the drama like rage said:burnout:

lam-boy
06-24-2004, 07:58 PM
haha all i can remember right now is

when frenchdriver was going through a set of blinking lights and he got in an accident, then how his g/f lived halfway across the city and he had to take the bus just to see her. haha.

SinisterProbeGt
06-24-2004, 07:59 PM
www.speedcowboys.com

Nuf said eh Fluidic?

Redlyne_mr2
06-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
www.speedcowboys.com

Nuf said eh Fluidic?
Thats still relitavely new...poor FD got himself caught up in some serious drama long before that

SinisterProbeGt
06-24-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Thats still relitavely new...poor FD got himself caught up in some serious drama long before that

he is always in some kinda trouble

WGR4Pussies
06-24-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy
haha all i can remember right now is

when frenchdriver was going through a set of blinking lights and he got in an accident, then how his g/f lived halfway across the city and he had to take the bus just to see her. haha.

I remember french driver, and spideman, haha, and tibby racer, and all the toehr AKAs and when ben use to be called beny, haha, I was there.

WGR4Pussies
06-24-2004, 08:25 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7

lol ;)

Weapon_R
06-24-2004, 08:25 PM
You know you have been on beyond for a long time if you remember the days when Rage2 was poor and only had a regular SLK and not an AMG.

You know you have been on beyond for a long time if...you remember how this board came into existence and the crying (:cry:) of the creator of the old board.

nismodrifter
06-24-2004, 08:51 PM
You know you have been on beyond for a long time if you remember the time when there was NO Ask Leo section :D haha

Redlyne_mr2
06-24-2004, 08:56 PM
You know you've been on Beyond too long when Buh_buhs, Spydermans and Leo's moms seemed to get more action than anyone else on the board

lam-boy
06-24-2004, 09:03 PM
You know you've been on Beyond too long when Buh_buhs, Spydermans and Leo's moms seemed to get more action than anyone else on the board

haha which reminds me, what was the name of that mysterious guy who came on here cracking on about everyone's mom again?

i can't put my finger on the guys name...damnit!

Redlyne_mr2
06-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Are you talking about Milf_Hunter? haha that Son of a bitch had the dirty mind of a northern saskatchewan trucker but had the vocabulary of a literature professor

Ben
06-24-2004, 09:33 PM
you know you've been on beyond a long time when I had 3 digit post tally, hahaha

you know you've been on beyond a long time when rage2 bought a ginormous Toblerone bar and Bol owned a BMW.

you've been on beyond a long time when you knew Fluidics Black Jetta, Jeffs beastmobile, and when Max Boosts name actuallysignified something.

you know you've been on beyond a long time when 403 Honda got Hax0r3d

you know you've been on beyond a long time when we had a Beyond.Ca Maid service.

you know you've been on beyond a long time when you were at the Maid fo the Pr0n Romp

you know you've been on beyond a long time when Leo blew his JB weld. I'll add more later.

lam-boy
06-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Are you talking about Milf_Hunter? haha that Son of a bitch had the dirty mind of a northern saskatchewan trucker but had the vocabulary of a literature professor

and without such words as "hog" we couldn't say it was leo haha.

girlRACER
06-24-2004, 09:42 PM
You know you've been on beyond a long time when there were only a handful of moderators.

AutodreamMarvin
06-24-2004, 09:48 PM
............net?????
Do I get a free lanyard?

finboy
06-24-2004, 09:56 PM
you know you've been on beyond for a long time when you remember jeff's old user name and beastmobiling video's

gpomp
06-24-2004, 10:00 PM
...if you remember how I used to spell my name.

D'z Nutz
06-24-2004, 10:08 PM
You know you've been on Beyond a long time when you used to be able to read every single new post within an hour.

You know you've been on Beyond a long time when you remember Ask Leo being the most active section on this forum.

You know you've been on Beyond a long time when you remember looking forward to reading Ask Leo ownings.

lam-boy
06-24-2004, 10:23 PM
you know you've been on beyond for a long time when you remember jeff's old user name and beastmobiling video's

and his nice paint picture of when he slid into the fence haha.

finboy
06-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

and his nice paint picture of when he slid into the fence haha.

that was great :rofl: getting stuck on a bush

Weapon_R
06-24-2004, 11:18 PM
OMG I just remembered a great one

You know you've been on beyond for a long time when you remember a certain episode last Easter concerning a hunt for something to do with Buh_buh :rofl:

(and no, I won't tell you if you don't know, because from what I remember, anyone who mentioned it got BANNED :rofl:)

Kamen
06-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
...if you remember how I used to spell my name.

Golden Pomp? :dunno:

finboy
06-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

You know you've been on beyond for a long time when you remember a certain episode last Easter concerning a hunt for something to do with Buh_buh :rofl:

(and no, I won't tell you if you don't know, because from what I remember, anyone who mentioned it got BANNED :rofl:)

:confused:

Hakkola
06-24-2004, 11:36 PM

HAHAHA, I remember that

I'm surprised there's no mention of ............net

edit - abcars.net haha

Weapon_R
06-24-2004, 11:41 PM
^^ There has been several references....

Read more closely, even my first post in this thread.

gpomp
06-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Kamen

Golden Pomp? :dunno:
Negative.

Hakkola
06-24-2004, 11:52 PM
^^ There has been several references....

Read more closely, even my first post in this thread.

;) That's why I edited my post.

Zephyr
06-25-2004, 12:01 AM
you know you been on beyond for too long when you remember the first beyond owning in ask leo by infamous

you know you been on beyond for too long when zephyr was the first non canadian person registered on here

you know you been on beyond too long when there was so much drama spammed in ask leo by a certain someone...

Weapon_R
06-25-2004, 12:12 AM
You know you have been on beyond for a long time if you still remember 5.9 R/T challenging me to race him on 16th avenue with his mazda 323 :rofl:

Toms-Celica
06-25-2004, 12:21 AM
You know you have been on beyond for a long time if you still remember
a) Jeffs POS Van
b) Orginal Wingnight that Max_Boost organized

sexualbanana
06-25-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Ben
you know you've been on beyond a long time when you were at the Maid fo the Pr0n Romp

You know you've been on Beyond a long time when you remember the stories of Kenny's romp with a fat amazon at a house party after the maid. :rofl:

Melinda
06-25-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica
You know you have been on beyond for a long time if you still remember

You know you've been on beyond for a long time if you remember who's picture appeared on the gay smiley in the days following said wing night! :rofl:

sexualbanana
06-25-2004, 12:51 AM
You know you've been on Beyond a long time when you remember an avatar of leo with breasts. :D

lam-boy
06-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
You know you've been on Beyond a long time when you remember an avatar of leo with breasts. :D

haha who chopped the one with the dick on his face?

gpomp
06-25-2004, 01:34 AM
...if you remember STOP IT!!
:rofl:

Fluidic
06-25-2004, 07:05 AM
Good ole` Tara! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsdow

boi-alien
06-25-2004, 08:17 AM
you know you've been on beyond a long time when you remember a certain MR2 driver's sister first started frequenting this board and caused a shitload of mayhem.

rage2
06-25-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica
The original wingnight was NOT a beyond event. It was before beyond's time ;).

Ed the SOHC
06-25-2004, 11:12 AM
What ever happen to the beyond videos???

1 and 2 came out and then nothing...

finboy
06-25-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC

:werd: :rofl:

WGR4Pussies
06-25-2004, 11:39 AM
I guess beyond stoped cruising the 4ave fly over in ferraries, cant really top that, hahaha.

ecstasy_civic
06-25-2004, 11:48 AM
lol

I was waiting for the DVD to come out:dunno:

sexualbanana
06-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
lol

I was waiting for the DVD to come out:dunno:

Yeah no doubt. Kinda like that calendar. *ahem*

girlRACER
06-25-2004, 12:02 PM
^^The Calender was done a long time ago. I needed someone to help me burn it onto disk. I sent the file to Ben who has been slow getting the disk back to me. If someone else could help me then I'm ready to bring it for printing right away :D

Melinda
06-25-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
^^The Calender was done a long time ago. I needed someone to help me burn it onto disk. I sent the file to Ben who has been slow getting the disk back to me. If someone else could help me then I'm ready to bring it for printing right away :D
Send it my way, I can burn it onto a CD for you

gpomp
06-25-2004, 12:17 PM
...when you remember the James Short parkade meet.

Toms-Celica
06-25-2004, 03:31 PM
haha, Tara....

And when a rage2 stopped cutting his hair...

Ben
06-25-2004, 03:44 PM
I kinda figue the calender was a lost cause, it was finally ready in may, but from many people, they were not too thrilled about buying a calender that starts in may or june. Probably more Ideal to just throw in the towl and actually activly pursue it for the start of a new year.

The delays were caused by balls being dropped by many hands.
Also, the picture quality of many of the submissions left a lot to be desired, and I know first hand they would not print very well, too dark/grainy.

ninspeed
06-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7

lol ;)
...if you started this thread

theken
06-25-2004, 05:14 PM
the original beyond cruise :thumbsup:

rage2
06-25-2004, 05:16 PM

The wife came home after a 1 year stint in Winnipeg! :rofl:

tulit
06-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Jackie, I have a burner on my laptop. If thats all thats holding it up, it wouldnt take more than a few minutes to do

Fluidic
06-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Ahh... good times.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79

:angel:

Ed the SOHC
06-25-2004, 06:25 PM

The wife came home after a 1 year stint in Winnipeg! :rofl:

so how does the trilogy end??? Who is Ludelvr's father?.... buh_buh or spyderman???:rofl:

GT2NV
06-25-2004, 06:33 PM
when the marketplace wasent divided into sections lol

rage2
06-25-2004, 09:29 PM
so how does the trilogy end??? Who is Ludelvr's father?.... buh_buh or spyderman???:rofl:
It was buh_buh, making ScCab the grandfather. Michael Moore is going to do an expose documentary on the whole story... Fahrenheit 420 - The temperature where weed burns!

ecstasy_civic
06-25-2004, 11:06 PM
beyond was great when it was small.

now theres so many posts going every which way, takes a long time to go through lol

max_boost
06-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Oh I think I was one the very first members on this board! First 10 perhaps? :D

CRXguy
06-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Oh I think I was one the very first members on this board! First 10 perhaps? :D

i signed up before you. :poosie: :rofl:

infamous
06-25-2004, 11:17 PM
hahahaha like zephyr said, if you can remember my first owning in ask leo waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy back in the day....

or how about the bbq where we watched jeff in his pos van (anyone still got that video of him burning out against the cement curb thing??? :D ) and when i ate jackie's burnt burger....or how about when there was that silent rage thing at the bar just off of macleod and southland (remember the dance mel? )

the good old days of beyond.....god they were fun...

max_boost
06-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Or if you can remember how I earned my user title by flaming the members who kept on posting 'what car to buy threads' and I ended up creating a list of names in my sig. Well, out of all of them, I think only lammer got a car! :thumbsup: :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
06-25-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien
you know you've been on beyond a long time when you remember a certain MR2 driver's sister first started frequenting this board and caused a shitload of mayhem.
Holly crap that was the worst member Beyond has ever seen followed closely by PreludeinBarrie

I've also got another version that is in the works, slowly collecting exciting footage.

You know you've been on Beyond to long when you're in the mall and someone asks you if you're Redlyne_mr2:rofl:

lam-boy
06-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Or if you can remember how I earned my user title by flaming the members who kept on posting 'what car to buy threads' and I ended up creating a list of names in my sig. Well, out of all of them, I think only lammer got a car! :thumbsup: :rofl:

haha don't forget john..he got his car too hahahaha.

i still remember how suprised you seemed when i came to chinook that one day.

edit:
SPEAKING of meets

hahahaha that one day leo and a bunch of guys pushed sexualbanana's car and opened all hsi doors, popped the hood, disconnected the alarm and leo did a karate kid pose on his car hahahahaha.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
06-26-2004, 01:36 AM
You know youve been on beyond for a long time if you remember when buying nitro powered rc cars and racing them around the chinook parkade was the "cool" thing to do on wednesday nights.

legendboy
06-26-2004, 02:07 AM
haha i remember the fisrst week beyond was born. i remember hearing "a-l-b-e-r-t-a-c-a-r....net is dead".......

Melinda
06-26-2004, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by infamous
or how about the bbq where we watched jeff in his pos van (anyone still got that video of him burning out against the cement curb thing??? :D

or how about when there was that silent rage thing at the bar just off of macleod and southland (remember the dance mel? )

Haha I have pictures of that "curb burn out" :rofl:

And yes, the black swan was an interesting night indeed, the dance was definately a highlight :D Good times indeed :thumbsup:

SI-vic
06-26-2004, 03:14 AM
Who were the first 10 members of beyond anyways?
I've gotta be one of the oldest members.

SI-vic
06-26-2004, 03:16 AM

hahaha I remember when you had a list of bench racers in your signature too, and a couple fools got mad over it.

also remember that you had a damn nice prelude....

gpomp
06-26-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by SI-vic
1. rage2
2. kenny
3. bol
4. CanadaSucks
5. Ben
6. Fluidic
7. Aerius
8. gpomp
9. ninspeed
10. ScCab

rice_eater
06-26-2004, 07:19 AM
you know you've been on beyond for a long time when you remember jeff's old user name and beastmobiling video's penis wrinkle??? :nut:

lam-boy
06-26-2004, 09:59 AM

si-vic, just highlight your profile button, it will tell you what member number you are.

Weapon_R
06-26-2004, 01:30 PM
Or if you can remember how I earned my user title by flaming the members who kept on posting 'what car to buy threads' and I ended up creating a list of names in my sig.

Not to mention the day you banned every person who openly admitted that they belonged to www.calgarystreetracers.ca :rofl:

TalonVelocity
06-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien

hahahahahahaha oh man that was a great thread.. I really got into that one :P

sexualbanana
06-26-2004, 05:49 PM
You know you've been on Beyond a long time when you know which thread holds the record for fastest growing thread.

rage2
06-26-2004, 08:37 PM

1. rage2
2. kenny
3. bol
4. CanadaSucks
5. Ben
6. Fluidic
7. Aerius
8. gpomp
9. ninspeed
10. ScCab
Actually, that list is sorta incorrect. Beyond started off originally with :

1. rage2
2. kenny
3. bol
4. ScCab
5. redec
6. Aerius

This is all from memory... but I believe the list in that order for about 4 hours were the true original members. Then we made some major changes to the server and configuration where we decided it was easier to start from scratch, so we started from scratch and got the list that gpomp posted. Everyone was asleep already except for bol, kenny and I working on the server, so some of them ended up as later members. The "new" birthdate was officially May 13th 2003 at 11:41pm. The decision to start a forum because we'd all lost our hangout spot was at around 9pm... so we basically built beyond within 4 hours so a few of us could chat. We never envisioned or imagined it to grow to the size it is today.

There were a few others in the original 4 hours, I think fluidic digital and Benny somehow heard about us somehow and wandered over. I don't even know how they heard about it, because we were busy debating over the name of the forum and only told one or two people to test for us. We decided to use beyond.ca temporarily as a placeholder forum name until we could figure out a better name including, yes, the infamous streetracers.ca name :rofl:. streetracers.ca was one of 100 other domain names that I had laying around, and that was the 2nd runner up for forum name choice. We decided against it because it'd be pretty stupid to have a streetracers.ca sticker on the car, talk about asking to get pulled over lol. We had other funny domain names too, such as fatbitch.com, hardcorebitches.com, amateurcheerleaders.com... but they were all deemed not suitable for a forum name. In the end, we got lazy and the beyond.ca name stuck.

bol was the one who designed the original beyond.ca logo (the one in the upper left hand corner). Took him about 5 mins to design and make up that cheezy driven slogan, again, as a placeholder. He called the file streetracers.ca so if you searched for streetracers under images in google, that image would come up. The boys from the other forums made fun of the slogan for a while too, but we didn't give a shit, we weren't around to start a war, and after ignoring for a while, people forgot about that Driven thing hehe.

A while later, bol lost the friggin font and it's been a struggle to duplicate that damn logo over the years haha. That's why our stickers have gone through multiple font revisions because we can't find that damn font!

So, the founders of beyond is not just me. It's bol, kenny and I that worked on building this up. The original "Administrators". redec was added as an Administrator because he wrote a lot of custom code to make the forums perform as well as they do now. There we go, some history class for you newbies :). If you want to know more, use the search features to find out other significant events, and why we still have a lot of folks that hate us ;).

rage2
06-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Alright, more history... dug up some old ICQ logs with gpomp and Ben, and here's the time that things started happening on May 13th that I guess "created" beyond. Even timestamps too! Some may argue I'm bringing old stuff up, but hey, old conflicts eventually become history, and history should be taught, regardless of the controversy! :rofl:

Started out with some interesting threads at the original calgary forums. Remember, gpomp was an original member of abcars, and one of the founders, and the guy that funds stuff there (if I remember right).

Golden 5/13/2002 5:38 PM yo

rage2 5/13/2002 5:38 PM hehe busy day on abcars =)

During that conversation, I even suggested to them on how to fix their problems because it sucked seeing our daily hangout fall apart.

Golden 5/13/2002 6:01 PM dont have that option right now

Golden 5/13/2002 6:04 PM how do we fix this 408/409 errors

rage2 5/13/2002 6:04 PM change to a different provider

Golden 5/13/2002 6:04 PM right

rage2 5/13/2002 6:04 PM it's CPU throttling

Golden 5/13/2002 6:05 PM how much $ for what we need?

rage2 5/13/2002 6:05 PM well if you want to get a REAL service, buy a
$1000 server and co-locate it

rage2 5/13/2002 6:05 PM but you won't have unlimited bandwidth

rage2 5/13/2002 6:06 PM you guys should clean up some stuff bandwidth
wise, hosting way too much stuff...

Golden 5/13/2002 6:06 PM how about just putting the forum on a seperate
server?

rage2 5/13/2002 6:06 PM that would work...

Golden 5/13/2002 6:06 PM wes prides himself for all the stuff he can
fit onto the site

rage2 5/13/2002 6:06 PM you'd have to find a service with a good
server, or buy your own dedicated for $1k and
co-locate it

Golden 5/13/2002 6:06 PM what's co-locate

Golden 5/13/2002 6:06 PM 1k is hard on my wallet right now

rage2 5/13/2002 6:07 PM you bring the server somewhere, plug it into
their network :)

Things got really bad...

rage2 5/13/2002 10:34 PM whats happenin'

-= Benny 5/13/2002 10:35 PM fuck man, I'm pretty upset. he banned me and
wont tell me why, refuses to call me, and wont
let me defend myself, he hasn't even heard my
side, and is basing his assumptions on
rumors...BOYCOTT!

An idea came up...

rage2 5/13/2002 10:38 PM we're starting a new forum....

rage2 5/13/2002 10:38 PM i got unlimited server/bandwidth....

-= Benny 5/13/2002 10:38 PM I need someone to start a thread, a poll on
whether i should be banned or not, and who
thinks this is bs, cause i know alot of people
do.

-= Benny 5/13/2002 10:39 PM Wicked! can I join?

rage2 5/13/2002 10:39 PM trying to think of a name
haha

rage2 5/13/2002 10:40 PM gimem some ideas

-= Benny 5/13/2002 10:44 PM i dunno man...westernautos.com

-= Benny 5/13/2002 10:52 PM i am beyond pissed off...i cant even thing
strait~!

Then, the inevitable happened...

Golden 5/13/2002 11:02 PM wtf is wes doing

rage2 5/13/2002 11:02 PM he just nuked the site

Golden 5/13/2002 11:02 PM why

rage2 5/13/2002 11:02 PM including forums

Benny was one of the original beta testers, and I told him about the plan...

rage2 5/13/2002 10:38 PM we're starting a new forum....

rage2 5/13/2002 10:38 PM i got unlimited server/bandwidth....

-= Benny 5/13/2002 10:38 PM I need someone to start a thread, a poll on
whether i should be banned or not, and who
thinks this is bs, cause i know alot of people
do.

-= Benny 5/13/2002 10:39 PM Wicked! can I join?

rage2 5/13/2002 10:39 PM trying to think of a name
haha

rage2 5/13/2002 10:40 PM gimem some ideas

-= Benny 5/13/2002 10:44 PM i dunno man...westernautos.com

-= Benny 5/13/2002 10:52 PM i am beyond pissed off...i cant even thing
strait~!

The name was decided and announced to Ben...

rage2 5/13/2002 10:54 PM beyond.ca
easy name?

-= Benny 5/13/2002 10:55 PM sweat, isn't there already a beyond.ca

rage2 5/13/2002 10:55 PM i own it =)

Ben and I both thought the name sucked, but still liked it...

-= Benny 5/13/2002 10:58 PM beyond.ca...hmmmmmmm i like it...not much
about cars tho.

rage2 5/13/2002 10:58 PM yea that's the problem =)

At this time we worked feverishly to get the new board up. And got it up and running (sorta) at 11:41pm. gpomp got tired and went to bed before it was done.

rage2 5/13/2002 11:11 PM well we're starting up a new board right
now...

rage2 5/13/2002 11:11 PM you can make fun of me as much as you want

Golden 5/13/2002 11:11 PM gotta go sleep
cya

The name was announced to Ben at 12:38am on May 14th. So officially, he was the first to know.

rage2 5/14/2002 12:38 AM www.beyond.ca

-= Benny 5/14/2002 12:40 AM thanks buddy!

By the next morning, I still haven't told many people... gpomp first learned about me buying vbulletin the night before.

Golden 5/14/2002 10:03 AM you have vb liscense?

Golden 5/14/2002 10:03 AM license

rage2 5/14/2002 10:03 AM yep

rage2 5/14/2002 10:03 AM just bought it last night after wes took the
site down

Golden 5/14/2002 10:03 AM oh

rage2 5/14/2002 10:03 AM got the basics up in 2 hrs hehe

Still debating about the name in the morning...

rage2 5/14/2002 10:06 AM I have a few good ones anyways. beyond.ca,
rage2.com

rage2 5/14/2002 10:06 AM streetracers.ca

Golden 5/14/2002 10:06 AM calgarycars

Golden 5/14/2002 10:06 AM haha

rage2 5/14/2002 10:07 AM hehe calgarycars sounds kinda gay

rage2 5/14/2002 10:07 AM i never liked the ........... name myself...

rage2 5/14/2002 10:08 AM beyond.ca, rage2.com, streetracers.ca, those 3
are easy to remember

And the true reason why we started beyond...

rage2 5/14/2002 10:12 AM it's so slow sometimes, very annoying and
painful

rage2 5/14/2002 10:12 AM like if we want to organize a quick meet, u
just can't do it...

rage2 5/14/2002 10:15 AM i just want a forum where we can talk about
cars, racing, etc

By morning I was still working on the damn server...

rage2 5/14/2002 10:19 AM www.beyond.ca, www.rage2.com,
www.streetracers.ca

rage2 5/14/2002 10:19 AM I'll start promoting my forums in the next
while

Golden 5/14/2002 10:19 AM i signed up :P

rage2 5/14/2002 10:19 AM will finish up stuff tonight... still have to
add a network card and take the server outside
the firewall =)

rage2 5/14/2002 10:19 AM maybe I should go in the server room and do it
now.... hehe

So there you have it... how and why beyond was built :thumbsup:. I guess I got the times wrong in my last post... actually built beyond in a little over 2 hours!

ecstasy_civic
06-26-2004, 09:49 PM

entertaining lol

Hakkola
06-26-2004, 10:28 PM

Oldest or first? :D

I think I came on about two weeks after you.

As for the calendar, I think it would need new pics, pretty much all the cars that were in that look different now.

girlRACER
06-27-2004, 01:07 AM

bol was the one who designed the original beyond.ca logo (the one in the upper left hand corner). Took him about 5 mins to design and make up that cheezy driven slogan, again, as a placeholder. He called the file streetracers.ca so if you searched for streetracers under images in google, that image would come up. The boys from the other forums made fun of the slogan for a while too, but we didn't give a shit, we weren't around to start a war, and after ignoring for a while, people forgot about that Driven thing hehe.

And I decided one night that I wanted a Beyond decal for my car so I made up a preliminary sketch of what it should look like on paper with pen and pencil. I scanned the pic and sent it to Rage2 to tell him of the idea. (Perhaps Rage2 still has that pic for a good laugh) Then that night I tried making an actual decal of the sketch which was much harder to do on computer so I had to simplify it a lot. I got the 'driven' slogan from the logo on Beyond and included that to fill in for the missed out details. I wasn't happy with the beyond decal and figured that I would eventually redesign it but I guess it stuck cause everyone was too lazy to design another logo. :rofl:

Eventually the 'driven' part got removed from the decal since it was much easier to make. The very first prototype of the decal is the one that's peeling off my car right now. hehe...and that's the history of the decal.

Ben
06-27-2004, 01:13 AM
hahaha, oh fuck, that's hilarious. Glad those days are well in the past and everyone's calmed down and gotten over it.

sexualbanana
06-27-2004, 01:39 AM
I think it was buh_buh who told me about this site. Wasn't much longer after you had it running.

Ekliptix
06-27-2004, 01:45 AM
You know you've been on beyond a long time when you were at the very first 403honda meet ever.

It was near SAIT. I remember, Roland, Leo, and Calvin being there. :thumbsup:

I think FD told me about beyond.

sexualbanana
06-27-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
I think FD told me about beyond.

And that would be why you're never invited to anymore meets. :D

just kidding :rofl:

Ekliptix
06-27-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

And that would be why you're never invited to anymore meets. :D

just kidding :rofl:

I'm going to stand on your engine. :D

GTS Jeff
06-27-2004, 02:59 AM
hmmm my earliest memories of beyond..

benny thrashing his jetta thru 18 second runs
leo waving sausages around at beyond bbq meets
erics hotpot meet where pr5owner 4x4ed his lawn (or was that abcars?)

gpomp
06-27-2004, 03:04 AM
...when you could actually keep up with posts.

GTS Jeff
06-27-2004, 11:08 AM
...when you could actually keep up with posts. heh when beyond was at 300 posts/day u could actually read every single post, including all the marketplace threads haha

OK_Computer
07-02-2004, 05:45 PM
When it used to be "Users online in the last 24 hrs" Then it got up into the thousands and turned into "users online right now", soon that'll be a thousand and we'll be seeing "Users online right now who's birthday is in May, etc" lol

TomTom
07-05-2004, 05:42 PM
you know you have been on beyond for a long time if...you went to the hot pot that maxboost brought all the food to (in panormama hills i belive) than to silvercity for pics

and the old pimpin dodge caravan

GTS Jeff
07-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by TomTom
you know you have been on beyond for a long time if...you went to the hot pot that maxboost brought all the food to (in panormama hills i belive) than to silvercity for pics

and the old pimpin dodge caravan that was ricecake erics house...but wasnt that ab cars days?