PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft (Best/worst/ugliest picks)

Singel
06-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Best: 2. Emeka Okafor, 10. Luke Jackson, 13. Sebastion Telfair, 21. Pavel Podkolzine, 37. Royal Ivey

Worst: 1. Dwight Howard, 8. Rafael Aroujo, and pretty much everyone after 11 who didn't take Jameer Nelson. They're mostly good picks, but Nelson would be much more Valuable

Ugliest: 12. Robert Swift, 46. Ha Seung Jin

accordboi_02
06-25-2004, 12:35 AM
WTF was up with the Raptors??? What a HORRIBLE pick!!! If they wanted Aroujo, they should have traded down, so they could AT LEAST get another 2nd round pick, or a half decent player in return, god, how stupid can they be???

I rate this along the lines of drafting Bryant Reeves!!!!! I hope they enjoy the cellar of the NBA, because they aren't leaving anytime soon!! :banghead: :banghead:

sexualbanana
06-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Who picked up Telfair?

lam-boy
06-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Who picked up Telfair?

trail blazers

CKY
06-25-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Who picked up Telfair?

hes the highschool point guard thats related to marbury right??

sexualbanana
06-25-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

trail blazers

Geez, how appropriate. Now they have really young blood to corrupt.

Originally posted by CKY

hes the highschool point guard thats related to marbury right??

Yup.

B17a
06-25-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Singel
Best: 2. Emeka Okafor, 10. Luke Jackson, 13. Sebastion Telfair, 21. Pavel Podkolzine, 37. Royal Ivey

Worst: 1. Dwight Howard, 8. Rafael Aroujo, and pretty much everyone after 11 who didn't take Jameer Nelson. They're mostly good picks, but Nelson would be much more Valuable

Ugliest: 12. Robert Swift, 46. Ha Seung Jin

Swift! ha. Seriously, name me the last white American born and bred big man who did well in the NBA after such promise. Reeves? Laettner? Van Horn? etc. all disappointing.

Si_FlyGuy
06-25-2004, 10:03 AM
I'd take Swift over Aroujo. The kid has way more upside and is way more athletic...but Nelson over both of them, regardless of what the raptors' needs are.

RiCE-DaDDy
06-25-2004, 10:09 AM
Yeah WTF raptors such dumbasses!!! VC get outta there NOW!

civicguy2002
06-25-2004, 10:31 AM
WTF are all you guys talking about, the Raptors need a big body center and they went out and got him, i think it is the best pick they could have done, so what if they took him a little earlier than maybe he should have. They got exactly what they needed.

Si_FlyGuy
06-25-2004, 10:34 AM
At number 8????? Oh well...at least the raptor's 1st round draft record isn't that bad...so their scouting staff must know something.

Did that 7'11" guy get drafted at all?

RiCE-DaDDy
06-25-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
At number 8????? Oh well...at least the raptor's 1st round draft record isn't that bad...so their scouting staff must know something.

Did that 7'11" guy get drafted at all?

LOL that 7'11" doesnt exist, it was a joke hahahaha

wildrice
06-25-2004, 10:44 AM
I think Emeka Okafor should have gone #1

Si_FlyGuy
06-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

LOL that 7'11" doesnt exist, it was a joke hahahaha

wtf it was on cnn.com I believe.

accordboi_02
06-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by civicguy2002
WTF are all you guys talking about, the Raptors need a big body center and they went out and got him, i think it is the best pick they could have done, so what if they took him a little earlier than maybe he should have. They got exactly what they needed.

Like I said in my 1st post, if that was who they had their eyes on, they should have traded down, as that way they could have addressed more than their one need; they could have maybe got a decent point guard, or at the least, another draft pick, plus Araujo.

Originally posted by wildrice
I think Emeka Okafor should have gone #1

I'm willing to bet that there was an unofficial deal b/t the Magic and the Bobcats that said Okafor would be available at #2 if the Bobcats didn't select any players in the expansion draft that would ruin the McGrady/Francis trade.

bigboom
06-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by accordboi_02

Like I said in my 1st post, if that was who they had their eyes on, they should have traded down, as that way they could have addressed more than their one need; they could have maybe got a decent point guard, or at the least, another draft pick, plus Araujo.

I'm willing to bet that there was an unofficial deal b/t the Magic and the Bobcats that said Okafor would be available at #2 if the Bobcats didn't select any players in the expansion draft that would ruin the McGrady/Francis trade.

i agree with you whole heartedly, they coudl ahve traded down and picked up Araujo but i guess they risk losing him as well if they valued him that much, which was dumb.

and that magic deal is definitely something they probably figured out too.

and the raptors needed a big man, how are you going to fight when your biggest guy in the middle is bosh?

B17a
06-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy

wtf it was on cnn.com I believe.

It was a joke on ESPN I think.

RiCE-DaDDy
06-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Araujo can't play defence :rolleyes:
He's slow

Marsh
06-25-2004, 12:02 PM
I think the pacers could/should have picked up a point guard with their selection seeing how Miller and crew weren't doing very good this year, but they picked up a big centre instead...:nut:
Just my $0.02

B17a
06-25-2004, 12:30 PM
My bet is Telfair chokes and Addidas regrets spending $15MM on that kid! He's quick like Iverson but he can't shoot to save his life. I guess in all the post season all-star tournaments he was the biggest brick layer out there. Other than the hype he's has since grade 8 and being Marbury's cousin he's marginal at best.

RiCE-DaDDy
06-25-2004, 01:29 PM
This year was a pretty weak class

anything after the 5th pick were kinda like yea whatever

CKY
06-26-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
This year was a pretty weak class

anything after the 5th pick were kinda like yea whatever

:werd: draft picks for NHL, NBA, and NFL were pretty weak IMO, other than ely manning in NFL i think there wasn't anyone causing a massive hype like ming n lebron

RiCE-DaDDy
06-26-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by CKY

:werd: draft picks for NHL, NBA, and NFL were pretty weak IMO, other than ely manning in NFL i think there wasn't anyone causing a massive hype like ming n lebron

You kinda wrong on the NFL, this year's draft was pretty deep especially at wideout.