PDA

View Full Version : HD or Burner??

saiyajin
06-24-2004, 10:39 PM
well my 60gb HD is fillin up and i was thinking bout getting either a dvd burner or a 120gb harddrive and i cant seem to decide :dunno:

points to consider
dvd burner is so i can burn all my anime out an watch it on a bigger screen hahah damn naruto an its 80+eps and growing fawwk hah but then again i have to always buy dvd discs

a 120gb hd i jus keep it all sitting in my comp

so what do u guys think i should get just maybe some opinions to help me decide thnx guys :thumbsup:

Ben
06-25-2004, 12:07 AM
I like my stuff accessable at all times, I vote largerHDD. DVD burner is limited.

KoukiS14
06-25-2004, 12:17 AM
i had the same dilemma a couple of weeks back. I opted for the dvd burner, im happy with my choice.

GoChris
06-25-2004, 09:23 AM
dvd burner rules.

blinkme_210
06-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
well my 60gb HD is fillin up and i was thinking bout getting either a dvd burner or a 120gb harddrive and i cant seem to decide :dunno:

points to consider
dvd burner is so i can burn all my anime out an watch it on a bigger screen hahah damn naruto an its 80+eps and growing fawwk hah but then again i have to always buy dvd discs

a 120gb hd i jus keep it all sitting in my comp

so what do u guys think i should get just maybe some opinions to help me decide thnx guys :thumbsup:

Actually.... there is a lot of hassle in trying to convert .avi files to DVD MPEG2 format so you can burn it onto DVD. It takes about 30 mins to convert one single Naruto episode, which takes a heavy heavy toll on your computer. I'm running on a 2.53Ghz, 1 Gig PC2700 ram, and my system slows down to a crawl. Also in that time, you could have already watched 1 and a half episodes of Naruto. Not to mention the time needed to burn the MPEG2 video onto DVD.

You best bet would be to move your PC next to your TV, and have a line out going to it.

If Naruto episodes were in .mpeg format, by all means I would encourage you to go the DVD burner route. It's the numerous, complex, and time consuming steps required to convert Naruto .avi episdes into MPEG2 DVD that make it not worth while if you are simply buying it to watch Naruto on TV.

Gonthro
06-25-2004, 02:49 PM
go to memoryespress and buy the dvd burner there for $110 and they give you afree firmware upgrade to dual layer so you can durn 8 gig discs

KoukiS14
06-25-2004, 03:01 PM
blink me makes a good point..converting stuff is a pain in the ass and my comp is half of what his is :(

i got the dual layer upgradable one but dual layer discs arent available yet. so that kinda sucks

saiyajin
06-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by blinkme_210

Actually.... there is a lot of hassle in trying to convert .avi files to DVD MPEG2 format so you can burn it onto DVD. It takes about 30 mins to convert one single Naruto episode, which takes a heavy heavy toll on your computer. I'm running on a 2.53Ghz, 1 Gig PC2700 ram, and my system slows down to a crawl. Also in that time, you could have already watched 1 and a half episodes of Naruto. Not to mention the time needed to burn the MPEG2 video onto DVD.

You best bet would be to move your PC next to your TV, and have a line out going to it.

If Naruto episodes were in .mpeg format, by all means I would encourage you to go the DVD burner route. It's the numerous, complex, and time consuming steps required to convert Naruto .avi episdes into MPEG2 DVD that make it not worth while if you are simply buying it to watch Naruto on TV.

hey very good point but still not sure what to get :banghead: i think i might go the HD way an burner i can get later on i suppose cuz if i get a burner now il have to start burning to free up space and if i get the HD i can just burn them later i suppose thnx anyways everyone :thumbsup: