PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship

custommx
06-25-2004, 01:15 AM
Is anyone on here sponsored?? I'd like to know what it takes to get sponsored, how to, and the benefits of it. thanks

sexualbanana
06-25-2004, 01:45 AM
I managed to get sort of a semi-sponsorship (don't really know what else to call it ) with Auto-Zeal. I kinda got it by accident though. I was there and I was just joking around when the owner was like "Sure."

I thought he was kidding until he offered me a free set of rims, and I just had to buy the tires from him.

I got a intake for my car for free too.

I just had a pretty big AZ banner on my window for a couple months until they went under. Then I took it off. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

sexualbanana
06-25-2004, 01:50 AM
On a serious note though, it takes a lot of work to get a sponsorship. You have to keep in mind that there are thousands of other people just like you who want to get sponsored.

From what I've gathered from magazines and websites, you have to make a portfolio of your car. With all the mods and future plans. You have to be pretty specific and know exactly what you want to do. Then there's the proposal. Very formal. Tell them what you're willing to do with the car to benefit them. Obviously, they're not gonna give you shot if you want parts and you're only gonna be at 1 small local show in the entire summer.

You literally have to commit to every major show within like a 400 mile radius. Otherwise, there really is no benefit to them.

hjr
06-25-2004, 10:33 AM
basically, for full sponsorship you are SOL. nobody is going to get the coverage nessisary around alberta to pay for your car, especially when the guy who ownes the business would probably rather build up his own ride and use it for promotions.

SpoonEK9@STRD
06-25-2004, 02:17 PM
win car shows. if you take it down to some shows in the states...some offer sponsorship for winning a certain car show. or you could find people at the shows. In otherwords, its next to impossible to get sponsored.

Dave P
06-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Start your own company? hah