PDA

View Full Version : Great formal restaurant!

ricosuave
06-25-2004, 01:53 AM
Probably heard of it already...

The Highwood Dining Room, at SAIT.

Great 5 course meal, great service.

We had a party of 6 go in, alcohol and above mentioned 5 course meal (with appetizer and dessert). Total with taxes and tip, $230.

The portions were good, and the quality was excellent.

If youre trying to impress your date on the cheap, I highly recommend it.

rico

Strider
06-25-2004, 01:58 AM
It's pretty good... i dunno about if you're trying to impress someone, cause it's people who are in culinary school that are cooking, but definitely good for a family b-day party or something

PhenomSE
06-26-2004, 02:33 PM
I would rather choose to go somewhere where the students are training to be professional chefs rather than a restaurant that hires some bum off the street to cook for them :D

turboMiata
06-28-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by PhenomSE
I would rather choose to go somewhere where the students are training to be professional chefs rather than a restaurant that hires some bum off the street to cook for them :D

You won't like anything in Chinatown then.

Gondi Stylez
06-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Strider
It's pretty good... i dunno about if you're trying to impress someone, cause it's people who are in culinary school that are cooking, but definitely good for a family b-day party or something

the su-chefs in training are the exec. chefs of 2omorrow so it better be impressive and the only reason why its cheaper is cuz they arent full fledged chefs yet and its the schools resturant to get "real-life" situtations!:thumbsup:

Melinda
06-28-2004, 04:43 PM
I was under the impression that it was closing...??

ricosuave
06-29-2004, 11:32 PM
hows that? i know nothing of it

FallenAngel
06-30-2004, 11:09 PM
closing?? i didn't hear anything about that.

last time i went there was during Lobster week. kickass.

accordboi_02
06-30-2004, 11:11 PM
You call it formal, so is there a dress code too?
Or just formal in the sense of how they prepare/serve/present the food?

And where in SAIT is it?