PDA

View Full Version : info on a car

evylki
06-25-2004, 09:00 PM
ok, so i want to buy a used dodge avenger (95). it's got 122,185mi on it, but many parts have been replaced. the owner (my cousin) didnt bother to waiting for it to be repaired, he went out and bought a jeep. he is asking $5k. i went on www.edmunds.com and www.kelleybluebook.com to get an estimate of what it's worth. they told me $3k. the parts that have been replaced are as follows

-dist. cap and rotor
-thermostat
- water pump
-timing belt
-altern. belt
-egr valve

if anyone could give me any more info of the cons to this situation or how much i should pay for this car, that would be great. thanks!

ole dsm
06-28-2004, 05:54 PM
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats sooooooooooooooooo cheap!!!!!!!!!

those cars are hella cool yo

first thing u should do is get a dream speed intake and then
a speed sleep exhaust! 3 1/4 " all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Skylinelover
06-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Get him down even lower or try the caris a good deal but try and gte him cheaper.

huss
06-29-2004, 02:03 AM
yea see if you can pull him down to 4 or lower...if thats not possible im sure 4.5 will work

ole dsm
06-29-2004, 06:00 PM
di u guys notice that this guy is in the states ?

in new jersey.....

how would any of us canadians now what sort of price a car like that is going for in new jersey?

GTS Jeff
06-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by evylki
ok, so i want to buy a used dodge avenger (95). it's got 122,185mi on it, but many parts have been replaced. the owner (my cousin) didnt bother to waiting for it to be repaired, he went out and bought a jeep. he is asking $5k. i went on www.edmunds.com and www.kelleybluebook.com to get an estimate of what it's worth. they told me $3k. the parts that have been replaced are as follows

-dist. cap and rotor
-thermostat
- water pump
-timing belt
-altern. belt
-egr valve

if anyone could give me any more info of the cons to this situation or how much i should pay for this car, that would be great. thanks! the parts that uve listed are just regular maintenance items that should be replaced no matter what, so its not a bonus for u at all. imo the car is worth around 2 grand usd. its super high mileage and stuff like water pump and egr valve shouldnt need replacing unless the car was abused with lots of city driving.

Evo_Art7
07-11-2004, 11:06 PM
just checkin somethin!

Rockski
07-12-2004, 12:07 AM
dude thats a really sweet looking ride, could be a next step forward for me car...