PDA

View Full Version : Electric Superchargers???!

polaris
10-26-2002, 02:34 PM
Hey Im from Edmonton, and I was just wondering has anyone tried these electric superchargers before? Like those from http://www.superchargerkits.com/, from *their* site it looks pretty decent, but I was just wondering if anyone here have actually tried something like that? And what effects did it have (both good and bad)?

Toms-Celica
10-26-2002, 03:35 PM
:thumbsdow

Redlyne_mr2
10-26-2002, 03:42 PM
hahah wtf???

max_boost
10-26-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
hahah wtf???

exactly:werd:

how the hell does that charger work?

aboveandbeyond
10-26-2002, 03:51 PM
does anyone figure it would acually work???:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

gpomp
10-26-2002, 03:54 PM
Yeah man, those are awesome!!! Why spend $6000 when you can spend $600?

T5_X
10-26-2002, 05:32 PM
those things are such a waste of money. I saw a site where someone did a whole report on why they would never work, and when they're off, they're just a plug in your intake :rolleyes:

speedracer
10-26-2002, 05:58 PM
How is it different than a leaf blower?:confused: :rofl: :rofl:

polaris
10-27-2002, 04:08 AM
haha, what you guys said were like EXACTLY what went thru my head when i saw the site...i mean really...how could a electric fan blow out that much CFM to actually create boost...even if i does work i dont know how in the world would the fan blades not just rip off or something....hmm.....plastic fan blades in manifold..thatd suck........

rage2
10-27-2002, 10:48 AM
You will need a lot of electrical power to have a motor pump enough air out for good power gain. To make that electricity, you will need a big ass alternator hooked up to your engine's crank to generate the power for the electric supercharger.

Or you can bypass the whole inefficient energy conversion process and slap a supercharger on your crank... wait, I think someone beat me to that idea already :D.

boi-alien
10-27-2002, 11:16 AM
some website i was on did a test on those stupid things out of curiosity, they said it ended up making their car even slower if anything

GTS Jeff
10-27-2002, 11:26 AM
funny scam

polaris
10-27-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by rage2
You will need a lot of electrical power to have a motor pump enough air out for good power gain. To make that electricity, you will need a big ass alternator hooked up to your engine's crank to generate the power for the electric supercharger.

Or you can bypass the whole inefficient energy conversion process and slap a supercharger on your crank... wait, I think someone beat me to that idea already :D.

I think how they hook it up is have the 'so-called' supercharger connect directly to the battery and you turn it on when you want boost with a NOS type switch on the dash or something, cause like you said, if that thing is going to work at all, its gonna need ALOT of electricity, and if you hook it up the alternator, it'll just blow it right off...
i looked on yahoo and saw a few guys that 'claims' they have it and it works you cant have it on for more than 30sec, not cause your engine cant take it, cause you'll kill your batteries...
which brings in another point...i thought when you drain lead-acid batteries too fast you kill it and you cut the life spand to like 1/10

Weapon_R
10-27-2002, 04:04 PM
What about that E-Ram Supercharger kit? It blows around 750CFM and it hooks directly to your battery and has a WOT sensor that turns on only when you are on WOT. These guys claim that it gives around 1psi of boost. True?

Ben
10-27-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
Yeah man, those are awesome!!! Why spend $6000 when you can spend $600?

Exatly!!! 1/10th the cost, how could you not!!!!!!!!!

Ben
10-27-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
. These guys claim that it gives around 1psi of boost. True?

Might as well strap the owners of this gizmo to the hood of your car and shove a manifold pipe up thier ass, cause the amount of stuff that they are blowing out of thier ass would generate far more than 1psi