PDA

View Full Version : stupid ticket

b16Ateg
06-26-2004, 06:28 PM
okay here is the story... i was on my way to my g.f in the ne and i was drivin down macleod and was beside a chick cop she followed me from chinook all the way to the stampede grounds.. and of course i'm not pulling off anything stupid.. and when we were at the lights.. the light turns green and i take off and rev to 6000 rpms... vtec kicks in at 5000 and when i hit vtec my exhaust get louder... and that was the only time i hit vtec by this cop... well i have an exhaust but its not as loud as it used to be... but when i hit vtec is gets alot louder.. but this cop pulls me over and says she pulled me over for an inlarged exhaust tip.. i was like okay whatever.. and then she comes back and give me a ticket for "exhaust muffler produces excessive noise" like wtf... can i fight this stupid thing.. ?? like its not my fault that when i hit vtec it gets louder... this is the first ticket i got like this since i have had my car... but i just thought i would share it with you guys and if you have any advice for fighting this thing .. all ideas are welcome.. and i think she pulled me over cos of end of the month quota...

logan

Speed_Dreams
06-26-2004, 06:33 PM
fight it and say that the cop never tested the sound levels of your car. Hopefully this ticket dosen't have any demerits with it

b16Ateg
06-26-2004, 06:42 PM
no it doesn't have and demerits but the ticket is $115

turbojohngt
06-26-2004, 06:48 PM
All in the name od $afety...:rolleyes:

1-Bar
06-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
fight it and say that the cop never tested the sound levels of your car...

:thumbsup: good idea..."excessive noise" compared to what?? Kinda of vague when you play it by ear....

b16Ateg
06-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by turbojohngt
All in the name od $afety...:rolleyes:

what are you talking about

That.Guy.S30
06-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by b16Ateg

what are you talking about

he means "all in the name of $afety" ($=money)

Aleks
06-26-2004, 07:07 PM
okay here is the story... i was on my way to my g.f in the ne and i was drivin down macleod and was beside a chick cop she followed me from chinook all the way to the stampede grounds.. and of course i'm not pulling off anything stupid.. and when we were at the lights.. the light turns green and i take off and rev to 6000 rpms... vtec kicks in at 5000 and when i hit vtec my exhaust get louder... and that was the only time i hit vtec by this cop... well i have an exhaust but its not as loud as it used to be... but when i hit vtec is gets alot louder.. but this cop pulls me over and says she pulled me over for an inlarged exhaust tip.. i was like okay whatever.. and then she comes back and give me a ticket for "exhaust muffler produces excessive noise" like wtf... can i fight this stupid thing.. ?? like its not my fault that when i hit vtec it gets louder... this is the first ticket i got like this since i have had my car... but i just thought i would share it with you guys and if you have any advice for fighting this thing .. all ideas are welcome.. and i think she pulled me over cos of end of the month quota...logan

You can try fighting the ticket and get it reduced. But, you deserved the ticket sorry. According to the law any exhaust tip larger than came stock on your car is illegal. So to completely avoid these kinds of tickets leave you exhaust stock. I think Rage2 posted a number of times links to government websites stating how enlarged exhausts are illegal...As well there have been guys on here who have successfully beat these kinds of tickets. I'd say try and prove that your car isn't much louder than stock if you can and go from there...Good luck!

Kaos
06-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Perhaps changing gears at a lower RPM.
What kind of exhaust system do you have?

Superesc
06-26-2004, 07:59 PM
eerrr if I were beside a cop I would've let off the throttle at 4k max and not rev it to 6k.... its like you are asking for it (the ticket) ....

b16Ateg
06-26-2004, 08:04 PM
ya well i had to get into the other lane cos i had to turn and normal i shift at like 3 rpm when there is a cop there but i had to get into the other lane but whatever... it is my fault in a way but whatever... and the exhaust is a greddy mx with a performance cat to make it more quiet

rage2
06-26-2004, 08:23 PM
hehe yea, it definately sucks. When I drive around in my stock car (my AMG), I always drive at the limits of the law just to piss cops off, let 'em follow me around in a wild goose chase. Here's a few fun things to do :

- I'll accelerate pretty quick off the line with traction control on, which makes zero noise.

- I'll drive 10 over the limit.

- I'll pass them going 10 over the limit.

- I'll put my sunglasses on and give 'em that drug dealer gangsta look to make sure they drive behind me and check my plates. Then I'll turn off at the dumbest places so it makes them go outta their way to follow me.

I've had my share of exhuast tickets in my modded car, might as well make the "sport" more enjoyable :thumbsup:.

b16Ateg
06-26-2004, 08:37 PM
i hear ya rage.. but when you tune the car or the ecu you will hear what i mean with my vtec..lol but i always drive the ways you just mentioned.. this is my first ticket in 3 years

hockeybronx
06-26-2004, 11:43 PM
I'd say you have a pretty good chance of fighting it successfully, she was just being a bitch and was hoping you are too lazy to take her to court.

She probably was bitchy and didn't like you tearing off the line, you shouldn't have to worry too much.

Moonracer
06-27-2004, 12:14 AM
You say you got the ticket for an enlarged exhaust, so do they measure it or does it go by sound decibels? If they go by db levels then I've always wondered why all those damn Harley bikes don't get tickets, those things are louder than anything on the road.

b16Ateg
06-27-2004, 02:05 AM
ya i think the chick was a lesbian and was in a bad mood... but i didn't take off from the line i was the last person to leave when the light turned green and i need to get into the other lane so i dunno.. i will try to get it reduced but who knows if i will be able to

tommy1223
06-27-2004, 02:23 AM
the real question is..."was she hot?" there are quite a few hot cops in my area...M'M M'M GOOD!!

o ya, sorry to hear about ur ticket

pr0
06-27-2004, 10:21 AM
They turn on their sirens, now thats excessive noise. haha :

GTS Jeff
06-27-2004, 10:58 AM
ya well i had to get into the other lane cos i had to turn and normal i shift at like 3 rpm when there is a cop there but i had to get into the other lane but whatever... it is my fault in a way but whatever... and the exhaust is a greddy mx with a performance cat to make it more quiet heh u have to rev to 6k to change lanes?

im pretty sure u can do well with the cp with getting the ticket reduced, but hey mna...this ticket was 100% your fault. lol when i see a cop ill clutch in and coast if im not on an uphill..

b16Ateg
06-27-2004, 11:13 AM
no this cops was an ugly bitch... the worst cop chick i have seen in my life....i have seen some pretty damn fine cop chicks but this one was kind of manly almost.. but i know it was my fault in a way i'm not saying it wasn't but with my tranny it has a short gear gatio i head so the rpms jump up more quickly...but i dunno about that one... but i know it was my fault but i'm just wondering how i can fight the damn thing to get it reduced

SAiamNE
06-27-2004, 11:46 AM
but i know it was my fault in a way i'm not saying it wasn't but with my tranny it has a short gear gatio i head so the rpms jump up more quickly...but i dunno about that one... but i know it was my fault but i'm just wondering how i can fight the damn thing to get it reduced

I'm sure that short gear ratio thing probably won't hold up in court. haha;)

2.0turbo
06-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Man, I don't think I've heard of anything so stupid. You really deserve that ticket, maybe not because you have an after market, louder exhaust, cause atleast 50% of us do, but on principle. Who revs there car up when a cop is right behind you? When a cop is around me, I shift at about 2000 rpm so I don't make too much noise. I certainly don't spool the turbo and fart in there face. That's asking for it. 6000 rpm :confused:
Good luck fighting it though, you should be able to get out of it.

Ben
06-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
Man, I don't think I've heard of anything so stupid. You really deserve that ticket, maybe not because you have an after market, louder exhaust, cause atleast 50% of us do, but on principle. Who revs there car up when a cop is right behind you? When a cop is around me, I shift at about 2000 rpm so I don't make too much noise. I certainly don't spool the turbo and fart in there face. That's asking for it. 6000 rpm :confused:
Good luck fighting it though, you should be able to get out of it.

word. whether or not you agree with it, the cop will almost ALWAYS pull you over for stuff like that and you should know that...why test your boundaries with black and white stuff like that? You wanna test the limits, do what rage2 does, cause that's fun, and grey market :)

hockeybronx
06-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Ben
do what rage2 does, cause that's fun, and grey market :)

What does rage2 do?

davidI
06-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by rage2
hehe yea, it definately sucks. When I drive around in my stock car (my AMG), I always drive at the limits of the law just to piss cops off, let 'em follow me around in a wild goose chase. Here's a few fun things to do :

- I'll accelerate pretty quick off the line with traction control on, which makes zero noise.

- I'll put my sunglasses on and give 'em that drug dealer gangsta look to make sure they drive behind me and check my plates. Then I'll turn off at the dumbest places so it makes them go outta their way to follow me.

I've had my share of exhuast tickets in my modded car, might as well make the "sport" more enjoyable :thumbsup:.

EK 2.0
06-27-2004, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by hockeybronx

What does rage2 do?

Drug Dealer...he said so himself...:nut: :rofl:

hockeybronx
06-28-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Drug Dealer...he said so himself...:nut: :rofl:

Right on, I'll stick to my current job, I don't have that killer luck.

fedaykin
06-28-2004, 01:40 AM

HAHAHA< I DO THIS TOO!! I hate those people who drive 60 or 70 whatever the limit is, right because there is a cop there... I still drive the 10K over and pass em. :rofl:

Hardy_Boy
06-28-2004, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fedaykin

HAHAHA&lt; I DO THIS TOO!! I hate those people who drive 60 or 70 whatever the limit is, right because there is a cop there... I still drive the 10K over and pass em. :rofl: [/QUOTE

can u actually do this and not get a ticket? :dunno:

fedaykin
06-28-2004, 06:57 PM
No tickets yet. I don't usually do it though, just when everyone is being pussy's.

Quick outtie
06-28-2004, 10:14 PM
:werd: well that sux

Skylinelover
06-28-2004, 10:43 PM
I've always wondered why all those damn Harley bikes don't get tickets, those things are louder than anything on the road.
and same with semis. But it is "stock" :dunno:

Roaring G60
06-28-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Kaos
Perhaps changing gears at a lower RPM.
What kind of exhaust system do you have?

Perhaps he has no torque under 3000 rpm, therefore must go above 6000 so he get that cool v-tec sound!!!

rage2
06-28-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by fedaykin
HAHAHA&lt; I DO THIS TOO!! I hate those people who drive 60 or 70 whatever the limit is, right because there is a cop there... I still drive the 10K over and pass em. :rofl:
hehe what I really hate is when a cop on 3 lanes of crowchild (80 limit) goes 60, and everyone is too chickenshit to pass the cop who's going well under the limit. So 3 lanes of morons going 60, holding up traffic. As soon as I get room, I pass going 90.

Originally posted by Hardy_Boy
can u actually do this and not get a ticket? :dunno:
Yes. When there's a cop around, I'll go 10 over the limit. When there's no cops around, I'll go 30 over the limit (if it's safe). 30 over the limit tickets can be thrown out easily. They wont even bother with 10 over the limit tickets... they'll probably get in shit for writing those and wasting the courts time. Guaranteed it'll be thrown out with no fine.

Hardy_Boy
06-29-2004, 12:54 AM

30 over the limit tickets can be thrown out easily.

hahaha thats sweet cause i got one a couple weeks ago

Rockski
06-29-2004, 01:06 AM
sorry about the ticket man, i got pulled over by the bycicle cops in airdrie on friday heading to calgary (i feel ashamed a bike cop pulled me over) :dunno: but they gave me a warning because my car was to loud as opposed to a ticket

rc2002
06-29-2004, 09:47 AM
ya i think the chick was a lesbian and was in a bad mood...

:rolleyes: Yeah I'm sure that's why you got pulled over.

They wont even bother with 10 over the limit tickets... they'll probably get in shit for writing those and wasting the courts time. Guaranteed it'll be thrown out with no fine.

But if you have a rice-mobile that just might be enough excuse for the cop to pull you over. If they did pull you over, would it be an estimated speeding ticket? Or do the city police have the same ability that the RCMP do with their always active radar?

rage2
06-29-2004, 10:03 AM
City cops have both moving radar, as well as stationary Laser radars.

talonboi
06-29-2004, 05:00 PM
ya well i had to get into the other lane cos i had to turn and normal i shift at like 3 rpm when there is a cop there but i had to get into the other lane but whatever... it is my fault in a way but whatever... and the exhaust is a greddy mx with a performance cat to make it more quiet
i woulda went behind the cop...

Obie-Rice
06-30-2004, 04:52 PM
Was the cop's name is ISSABELLA?

b16Ateg
06-30-2004, 05:11 PM
sean you won't let that one go will you..lol good times driving your poor ass home... and my car isn't a rice mobile.. far from it... its more than likly stock on the outside except for the exhaust and headlights and hood as you can see in the picture.. but everyone out there has a loud exhaust no matter.. what one you put on after market.. i was just unlucky thats all.. and got a ticket.. the first one in 3 years from having the car so whatever..