PDA

View Full Version : License Plate Vanished

BigShow
06-27-2004, 10:30 PM
If you stole a license plate today raise your hand.

blueripper6
06-27-2004, 10:31 PM
that sucks.. i heard it happening a lot now that gas prices are so high.

Where were u when it got jacked?

EK 2.0
06-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6
that sucks.. i heard it happening a lot now that gas prices are so high.

Where were u when it got jacked?

I'm sorry, I dont see the correlation between Gas Prices and License Plate theft...

l/l/rX
06-27-2004, 10:33 PM
im guessing something sorta like a dine and dash???

blueripper6
06-27-2004, 10:34 PM
You dont see it?

Lemme make it bigger for you.

TO STEAL GAS.

Weapon_R
06-27-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

I'm sorry, I dont see the correlation between Gas Prices and License Plate theft...

Jack a plate, slap it on your ride, and pump the gas and book it. They trace it back to the poor dude whose plate was stolen :D

On a sidenote, you need to make a police report and take it to the registries to get a new one.

CelicaST-162
06-27-2004, 10:35 PM
What is the plate number, all of us well be more than happy to keep an eye out!

Chester
06-27-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Jack a plate, slap it on your ride, and pump the gas and book it. They trace it back to the poor dude whose plate was stolen :D

:werd: i used to work at a gas station and people would do it all the time

EK 2.0
06-27-2004, 10:36 PM

neat-o idea...hmmm...*leaving to weld plate onto DSM*

blueripper6
06-27-2004, 10:37 PM

On a sidenote, you need to make a police report and take it to the registries to get a new one.

thanks... it happened to my friends parents car. 10 mins after he gets home(didnt realize his plate got jacked) they called his house saying that he just jacked 60 dollars worth of the premium.

blueripper6
06-27-2004, 10:42 PM
anyways where did it get jacked from? warn people to stay away from the area.

Weapon_R
06-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Yep, it happens a lot. I remember a few high school thugs doing it often. The key is to file a police report, so you are not responsible for the problems that arise from anyone who stole your plate.

EK 2.0
06-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Yep, it happens a lot. I remember a few high school thugs doing it often. The key is to file a police report, so you are not responsible for the problems that arise from anyone who stole your plate.

my question is now, what if you had a PIMP custom plate??...does that get covered in any way or are you out the plate AND the money??

blueripper6
06-27-2004, 10:52 PM
yea, friends have done it.. never use the same plate 2wice though.. would they hold u responsible for the gas?

O_J
06-28-2004, 12:25 AM
You dont see it?

TO STEAL GAS.

LOL
:werd:

eur0
06-28-2004, 12:35 AM
You dont see it?

TO STEAL GAS.

lol :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
06-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Its wierd , in the past few days , ive seen about 7 cars without a lisence... 2 Jettas , A lexus , a van and some other cars.,... all in SW

Alexs
07-02-2004, 04:26 AM
Ever since I got my plate stolen, I use a good pair of bolts, that even with a right wrench takes a lot of time to take off.

Xtrema
07-02-2004, 09:57 AM
I think honor system gas station doesn't work anymore.

Do it like they do in Cali, pay and pump and not the other way around.

89coupe
07-03-2004, 01:16 PM
You have friends who steal other peoples property? :thumbsdown:

yea, friends have done it.. never use the same plate 2wice though.. would they hold u responsible for the gas?

eb0i
07-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I think honor system gas station doesn't work anymore.

Do it like they do in Cali, pay and pump and not the other way around.

:werd:

it's a great system. Prevents this kinda crap from ever happening.

AllGoNoShow
07-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Frick I forget where I was, btu I was with a buddy here in Calgary and you had to pay the dude at the tilll then he woudl turn it on and u coudl pump it up to the amoutn u paid for. ooo its the shell (i think) over in the NE by 32nd and, uhh, crap, lol brain farts these days, it was late night though so I dunno if thats an always event or jsut at night thing but thats how it happened

yohan4ws
07-08-2004, 12:39 PM
time to get some theft proof screws for my license plate ..

f*'n haters.

lam-boy
07-08-2004, 12:47 PM
some bastards stole my air caps from my tires...:banghead: :banghead: :guns: :guns:

I can pick up this stuff from Canadian Tire right? damnit!!!

QuasarCav
07-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy
some bastards stole my air caps from my tires...:banghead: :banghead: :guns: :guns:

I can pick up this stuff from Canadian Tire right? damnit!!!

Every little auto shup should have them, like 99c a pack.

I am going to get some good bolts on my plate. right now I have one screw holding it on.

Cali rules:thumbsdow I dont like decreased freedom for increased security.

bspot
07-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Frick I forget where I was, btu I was with a buddy here in Calgary and you had to pay the dude at the tilll then he woudl turn it on and u coudl pump it up to the amoutn u paid for. ooo its the shell (i think) over in the NE by 32nd and, uhh, crap, lol brain farts these days, it was late night though so I dunno if thats an always event or jsut at night thing but thats how it happened

Yeah its just a late night thing... and the first time I went there the guy working let me struggle for a good 5 minutes leaving me in doubt of my own gas pumping abilities, and then came on the intercome and told me to pay first. Its just shitty if you want a fill.

If they just forced you to pay with debit or credit card at the pump though there would be no problem...

/////AMG
07-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Yah only at night time they do that. I was at a Shell in Edmonton at like 1am, and I was there for 5 mins figuring out why the hell the gas wouldn't work, I went inside and the lady was like "Oh yah, ummm..oh you have to pay fist."

WTF? Dumbass tell me first.

ZMan2k2
07-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by yohan4ws
time to get some theft proof screws for my license plate ..

f*'n haters.

Where do you get those? I'd like a set to be on the safe side too.

rogue
07-08-2004, 02:11 PM
i found 1 plate last week and turned them into 14th st N police station if you wanna check there. I also found a licsence plate in the parking lot of purolator courier near the customers lot if anyone lost one there i gave it to security.

inawiJ
07-09-2004, 02:31 AM
i thought that gas stations used cameras to see who steals their gas n stuff so whne they run the plates to find the info dont they notice that the car on the video and the cars license plate dont match??

cman
07-09-2004, 02:42 AM
yes, but its kinda late by that time.
what if its a red honda civic with no unique markings, just a fake license plate. gonna do a lot of good in finding them

Originally posted by inawiJ
i thought that gas stations used cameras to see who steals their gas n stuff so whne they run the plates to find the info dont they notice that the car on the video and the cars license plate dont match??

Shady19
07-10-2004, 02:16 AM
shit I hate people like that... it blows when shyt like that happens... someone said something about theft proof screws for licence plates? I didnt know they even existed I dun get how that would work but if they do exist where can a person find some?

Bocephus
07-13-2004, 06:05 PM
You can use pop rivets. My BIL kept getting Vegas vanity plates stolen. This seems to work.

OK_Computer
07-13-2004, 09:43 PM
:guns: :guns:

XylathaneGTR
07-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Wow, thats harsh...I never even thought of something like that happening.

I think its time to do the pay, then pump thing all the time here...
Sorry to hear about your plate getting jacked.