PDA

View Full Version : Hrmm..JDM civic??

lammer
10-26-2002, 09:59 PM
I've seen some of the pictures shadowz posted, and i liked the looks of those cars very very very much!:drool: i was always a fan of H/Bs. but anyways if i were to get an EK, which one would i go about getting. the dx, cx, si?? (im not sure if there is an si version. i don't know much about the model types, someone correct me if im wrong.) but anyways, those JDM civics, how much would it cost to do one up? i could work really hard if the costs are high. but i would love to hvae a "JDM" civic.

boi-alien
10-26-2002, 10:01 PM
there ar no Si hatches

to go all out JDM is going to cost alot! mainly because you'll have to get everything from japan. and prices vary, so it's really hard to say how much it would cost

lammer
10-26-2002, 10:02 PM
which model would you prefer to get. the lowest model? or the highest.

edit: cause i can always get a used up civic and get a swap done to it. and work on teh exterior after.

boi-alien
10-26-2002, 10:03 PM
if you want something with AC from the factory u can pick up a DX, i think those came with optional AC(which is nice in the summer) *shrugs* but that's up to you, you can save yourself a tiny bit by getting a CX

Illusionsir
10-26-2002, 10:04 PM
it also depends on how detailed you want to go with your JDM EK project. if you just want a front lip, fogs c/f hood and jdm headlights it wont cost you very much, but if you actually want the JDM bumpers, fog lights and interior (including Glass) you will be forking out ALOOOOOOT of cash! so be ready for it!!

i suggest just doing up an ek, swapping motors and keeping the exterior classy and simple. that seems to be the thing that the kids are into these days.

edit: if you want true JDM i would suggest losing A/C and powersteering, you want that car to be as light as possible.

Pole Position
10-26-2002, 10:05 PM
What's consider a JDM Civic to you?

Illusionsir
10-26-2002, 10:07 PM
A Japanese Domestic Market Civic.

Ekliptix
Why do people call clean imports "JDM" this and that? That term is way overused. Everything on those cars is available in North America, maybe not steeringwheels/console and stuff off the shelfs, bit it can be aquired. There is a Mugen distributor in the USA too(kingmotorsports). Amber sidemarkers and black headlight housings(maybe folding mirrors) are about the only jdm things I can see on there, and they could be american made too.

lammer
Originally posted by Illusionsir
it also depends on how detailed you want to go with your JDM EK project. if you just want a front lip, fogs c/f hood and jdm headlights it wont cost you very much, but if you actually want the JDM bumpers, fog lights and interior (including Glass) you will be forking out ALOOOOOOT of cash! so be ready for it!!

i suggest just doing up an ek, swapping motors and keeping the exterior classy and simple. that seems to be the thing that the kids are into these days.

i would like to get the bumpers and such but that can wait because i could keep this car for a very long time.

http://www.importspeed-south.com/RealJDM/DSCN4295.jpg i want something like this. i like it alot!:drool: :drool:

Illusionsir
10-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
Why do people call clean imports "JDM" this and that? That term is way overused. Everything on those cars is available in North America, maybe not steeringwheels/console and stuff off the shelfs, bit it can be aquired. There is a Mugen distributor in the USA too(kingmotorsports). Amber sidemarkers and black headlight housings(maybe folding mirrors) are about the only jdm things I can see on there, and they could be american made too.

Actually, 95 % of a jdm honda is not available in north america, by
any chance, have you seen a true JDM civic??? because if you have, you know what im taking about. bumpers, wheels, insturment clusters GLASS, tail lights (in most applications)
headlights ect.... are different.

Ekliptix
10-26-2002, 10:14 PM
I have never seen one in real life. Does "JDM" mean aftermarket parts available only in Japan, or parts that come only on cars as OEM parts in Japan only?

boi-alien
10-26-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Illusionsir

Actually, 95 % of a jdm honda is not available in north america, by
any chance, have you seen a true JDM civic??? because if you have, you know what im taking about. bumpers, wheels, insturment clusters GLASS, tail lights (in most applications)
headlights ect.... are different.

yup i agree, it's the little things that set of a JDM from a USDM car. and yes, even the glass is different. and although the some of the stuff 'can be aquired' as you so put it, it's not offered to the NA market, therefore it IS JDM

Illusionsir
10-26-2002, 10:17 PM
Traditional JDM stands for Oem parts however there are companys in japan like tein that sell jdm aftermarket parts.

Ekliptix
10-26-2002, 10:21 PM
ok, so why is a company like Tien considered to make JDM products when their stuff is available here?

Zephyr
10-26-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by crxboi
there ar no Si hatches

no Si hatches? u sure? there is this shop selling this Si HB straight from japan. i been thinking about getting it....and they have it on hold for me too w00t.

B16A2 engine 60k miles....... all for 7000 USD

i took these pics with my friend's cam:

http://www.importstrip.com/personal/civic.jpg

http://www.importstrip.com/personal/civic2.jpg

http://www.importstrip.com/personal/civic3.jpg

http://www.importstrip.com/personal/civic4.jpg

http://www.importstrip.com/personal/civic5.jpg

http://www.importstrip.com/personal/civic6.jpg

lammer
10-26-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

no Si hatches? u sure? there is this shop selling this Si HB straight from japan. i been thinking about getting it....and they have it on hold for me too w00t.

B16A2 engine 60k miles....... all for 7000 USD

on the 92-95s there are Si models but not 96-00.

Illusionsir
10-26-2002, 10:27 PM
wow thats really nice!! i say go for it,

and just because tien can be delivered to canada doesnt mean
anything. you can ship jdm stuff here too.

Zephyr
10-26-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by lammer

on the 92-95s there are Si models but not 96-00.

96-99 there r Si HB that exist here in the states.... i seen a lot

lammer
10-26-2002, 10:31 PM

states and canada have many diffrent rules..:( sucks.

Ekliptix
Ok thanks for the clarification.

If I were going to do an Ek project, I'd get a base model and do a dohc vtec swap(exact engine would depend on preference and budget).

boi-alien
[B]no Si hatches? u sure? <snipped>

whoops i forgot to type EK civic hatches

Zephyr
10-26-2002, 10:34 PM
i dunno if i should get that EG6....my gf thinks its "cute" i just like it cuz of the engine and RHD...

boi-alien
10-26-2002, 10:38 PM
i dunno if i should get that EG6....my gf thinks its "cute" i just like it cuz of the engine and RHD...

then u should totally get it, and u could score again!!! :D

Zephyr
10-26-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by crxboi

then u should totally get it, and u could score again!!! :D

yea fold the back seats down.....huge ass area to fool around with her......

boi-alien
10-26-2002, 10:55 PM

yea fold the back seats down.....huge ass area to fool around with her......

EXACTLY what i was thinking u :bigpimp:

Impreza
10-26-2002, 10:59 PM
i have a 98 civic hb...there nice, but without an engine swap or some SERIOUS mods...it will never be a fast car...
but an EK with ctr lips and wings and little things here and there is very :bigpimp:

lammer
10-26-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
i have a 98 civic hb...there nice, but without an engine swap or some SERIOUS mods...it will never be a fast car...
but an EK with ctr lips and wings and little things here and there is very :bigpimp:

did you pick up your 98 HB used or new off the lot?

sexualbanana
10-26-2002, 11:27 PM
but it's SO expensive.

graham, if u wanna do up an ek, here's what i'm willing to let u do since i'm such a nice guy. buy a bunch of parts (ie. engine) for my car.

max_boost
10-26-2002, 11:31 PM
Hey sexualbanana, aren't you the dude with the mugen civic?:D :rofl:

Ekliptix
10-26-2002, 11:31 PM
sexualbanana,
would you do that for me?? awww........no thanks.

I'm throwing money at my other motorized toy now anyway(snowmobile).

Thanks for the offer though.:burnout:

Ekliptix
10-26-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Hey sexualbanana, aren't you the dude with the mugen civic?:D :rofl:

It must be JDM then, right.

(j/k people who think I'm starting the 'what's-jdm-and-what's-not' discusion again)

shadowz
10-27-2002, 03:51 AM
Get a DX EK save your pennies for a B18C5, either some spoon or mugen goodies and youre off to a good start

ninspeed
10-27-2002, 08:51 AM
if it aint RHD it aint JDM

sexualbanana
10-27-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
sexualbanana,
would you do that for me?? awww........no thanks.

I'm throwing money at my other motorized toy now anyway(snowmobile).

Thanks for the offer though.:burnout:

no probs. i'm always willing to help a friend out. but i think u should reconsider. :rofl:

300rwhp
10-27-2002, 01:08 PM
you want a civic hach back when you drive a bmw? strange american.

shadowz
10-27-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
if it aint RHD it aint JDM

Not quite true, for some of us who cant afford the shop a RHD over everything else JDM will do

lammer
10-27-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
Get a DX EK save your pennies for a B18C5, either some spoon or mugen goodies and youre off to a good start

B18C5 is integra GSR engine correct?
mm i just hope i get a civic hatchback, my mom says they are too small to carry stuff around.

shadowz
10-27-2002, 11:02 PM

B18C5 is integra GSR engine correct?
mm i just hope i get a civic hatchback, my mom says they are too small to carry stuff around.

ITR motor

drox
10-27-2002, 11:39 PM
If I were getting a civic hatch my first engine picks would be a b18c5 (if I were to keep it stock), a h22a (stock again... maybe some suspension to compensate for the weight), a b18c1 (turbo, fully built), and my last b16a with a stupidcharger. Of course the turbo method is my favourite of them all :D :D :D

Impreza
10-27-2002, 11:55 PM

did you pick up your 98 HB used or new off the lot?

off the lot...

lammer
10-28-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Impreza

off the lot...

how much was it?

gpomp
10-28-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by drox
If I were getting a civic hatch my first engine picks would be a b18c5 (if I were to keep it stock), a h22a (stock again... maybe some suspension to compensate for the weight), a b18c1 (turbo, fully built), and my last b16a with a stupidcharger. Of course the turbo method is my favourite of them all :D :D :D

No man, you got it all wrong. You should be putting either a turbocharged Spoon engine with a MoTec exhaust or a SR20 motor!!!

boi-alien
10-28-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by gpomp

No man, you got it all wrong. You should be putting either a turbocharged Spoon engine with a MoTec exhaust or a SR20 motor!!!

nah u got it wrong, u'd only do that if u had a del sol! =)

lammer
10-28-2002, 01:03 AM
Okay, I have a question.

Is there a way for me to get power door locks and power windows for an EK?

I know they don't come with it, but can i buy stuff to make power door locks? and power windows?

eur0
10-28-2002, 01:11 AM
i think the type r has em, correct me if im wrong...the jdm sir ef9 has power windows and that was 11 years ago, so yes it is possible

lammer
10-28-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by tbk49
i think the type r has em, correct me if im wrong...the jdm sir ef9 has power windows and that was 11 years ago, so yes it is possible

so i would have to import it from japan?

van
10-28-2002, 01:18 AM
ur shuoeld buy a er crx stvee!! hahaha

boi-alien
10-28-2002, 01:21 AM

so i would have to import it from japan?

yea but u'd have to figure out a way to flip the switches and handles around because the EK in japan is RHD so the switch that locks the windows, and opens both windows is on the right side of the car... not sure if it's easy or not

van
10-28-2002, 01:26 AM
Juset driev beckwards hahahaha

lammer
10-28-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by defekt1
Juset driev beckwards hahahaha

van is fucked up as you can see. his icq messages don't even make sense.

boi-alien
10-28-2002, 01:29 AM
actually i was thinking, you could probablly pull the unit off a coupe that has power windows

shadowz
10-28-2002, 02:54 AM
Okay, I have a question.

Is there a way for me to get power door locks and power windows for an EK?

I know they don't come with it, but can i buy stuff to make power door locks? and power windows?

Ok the clear up thigns for you, the DX comes with power locks and windows here not only in Japan, but only on the EK not EG

lammer
10-28-2002, 09:09 AM

Ok the clear up thigns for you, the DX comes with power locks and windows here not only in Japan, but only on the EK not EG

okay crxboi told me yseterday i could goto a "pick your part" and find a civic coupe and get the power locks and windows out of the car will i be able to put that into the EK?

Ferio_vti
10-28-2002, 09:46 AM

Yah sure they aren't just fake badging?? Kinda like TypeR Preludes and Accords...

http://autos.msn.com/vip/engines.aspx?ModelId=1354&src=vip

shadowz
10-28-2002, 02:26 PM

okay crxboi told me yseterday i could goto a "pick your part" and find a civic coupe and get the power locks and windows out of the car will i be able to put that into the EK?

You can but its a long process you dont have to go through, just find a fully loaded DX and youre on your way to your JDM EK

van
10-28-2002, 02:55 PM
Wtf was I saying.. holy.. haha you want the JDM civic steve? i think you should just buy a rex.. haha

lammer
10-28-2002, 08:41 PM

You can but its a long process you dont have to go through, just find a fully loaded DX and youre on your way to your JDM EK

hrmm..i can't seem to find any fully loaded DX's i've only seen ones with A/C and tahts about it. damn i really wanta fully loaded one..

and Van, my mom doesn't want me to get a CRX becase it has no room for anyone.

EDIT: and if anyone here comes by a DX EK for sale fully loaded gimme a holler.

CRXguy
10-28-2002, 08:53 PM

Um, no it doesn't. The only thing the DX has which others don't is power steering, tach, and wheel covers.

Lammer: You could always try to look for someone parting out a 96-2000 Si coupe/EX sedan and buy their doors, and do some wiring.

shadowz
10-28-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Um, no it doesn't. The only thing the DX has which others don't is power steering, tach, and wheel covers.

Lammer: You could always try to look for someone parting out a 96-2000 Si coupe/EX sedan and buy their doors, and do some wiring. \

Sure does check out the special edition DX between 99-00 lots of silver ones too

CRXguy
10-28-2002, 09:58 PM
Sure does check out the special edition DX between 99-00 lots of silver ones too

The coupes/sedans, yes. But we're talking about the "EK" h/b. I nearly bought one, and there weren't any power options.

shadowz
10-28-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

The coupes/sedans, yes. But we're talking about the "EK" h/b. I nearly bought one, and there weren't any power options.

Really thats odd cause my friend bought one two years ago with all power options

lammer
10-28-2002, 10:58 PM

Really thats odd cause my friend bought one two years ago with all power options

hrmm which dealer did he get one at? i'll look around.

shadowz
10-29-2002, 03:16 AM
T and T

lammer
10-29-2002, 08:47 AM
T and T

allright thanks i'll give them a try..damn.