PDA

View Full Version : photo-radar time gap?

SmelltheRubber
10-27-2002, 11:26 AM
I dont know if anyone has discussed this before...

On Thursday I was heading for class, when I spotted a hot chick in a civic hb in front of me. I usually go down John Laurie Blvd to get to the university, but the chick went down Sarcee. I decided to go down that way too :love: anyways, we were doin about 85-90 kmh down Sarcee when I passed the place where the wall ends. I see her hit the brakes, and I hit them too and I look and see a camera on a tripod set up with a ghost cruiser next to it.
Now my question is this: I was about 4 seconds behind the girl. Im pretty sure she got a ticket, but did I get one too? I dont know if there is a time gap in which the photo-radar re-orientates itself? Or does it take a picture as soon as you pass it or what???

Any info on this would very helpful! :dunno:

4wheeldrift
10-27-2002, 11:36 AM
I thought all the photo radar cameras were vehicle mounted? :dunno:

SmelltheRubber
10-27-2002, 11:54 AM
Oh THANK GOD!!
Cause over the last month, I have gotten a photo radar ticket, and 2 parking tickets. The last thing I need is another one!

Thanks guys, you took a load off my shoulders. :thumbsup:

4wheeldrift
10-27-2002, 12:03 PM
If you didnt' get a ticket on the spot you're off the hook.

boi-alien
10-27-2002, 12:15 PM
looks like a laser stop, not a photoradar

Stratus_Power
10-27-2002, 12:33 PM
yep its not photoradar.. you are good.. for now :P

jaylo
10-28-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by crxboi
looks like a laser stop, not a photoradar

can you elaborate? how does laser stop works?

CLiVE
10-28-2002, 06:59 PM
I drove past there while they were there. It wasn't photo radar. They had the tripod set up, and were pulling people over.

4wheeldrift
10-28-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by jaylo

can you elaborate? how does laser stop works? Just like a regular traffic stop. They measure your speed and pull you over and give you a ticket if you are speeding.