PDA

View Full Version : lancer evolutions!!

boi-alien
10-27-2002, 11:33 AM
well it looks pretty official now, looks like the EVO is going to be comming over to the american market!! :drool: :drool:
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/jsp/evo/index.jsp

too bad though, it looks like we're getting screwed over once again :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/021024-1.htm

4wheeldrift
10-27-2002, 11:38 AM
hehe and subaru just announced the STi for north america (canada included). No soup for mitsu :D

Zephyr
10-27-2002, 11:59 PM
woot its comming finially! my favorite car of all!

nookmumracing
10-28-2002, 09:58 AM
Anyone know $$ of the STI Impreza and the Evo Lancer?

RiceCake
10-28-2002, 10:20 AM
mmm.... STI imprezza:poosie: :hitit:

DSM Power
10-28-2002, 12:06 PM
This really isn't news (no EVO for Canada) but it STILL SUCKS !! :banghead: :banghead: :guns: :(

infamous
10-28-2002, 12:13 PM
damn....i am going to move to japan when i am older so that i can have all the sweet cars that we can't have here in canada :thumbsup:

gpomp
10-28-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by nookmumracing
Anyone know $$ of the STI Impreza and the Evo Lancer?

I think most people are guessing high 40's to low 50's (CDN).

2000impreza
10-28-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by RiceCake
mmm.... STI imprezza:poosie: :hitit:

damn it!!!!! its impreZa not impreZZa !!!!! :devil:

Prezzy
10-29-2002, 03:57 PM
Dont get to mad i spell IMPREZA wrong all the time, i think its even wrong on my profile. but i think th sti is going to be about 40,000$ in the us. I think i read that somwhere

GTS Jeff
10-29-2002, 04:06 PM
does anyone know if the evo will be downtuned for the us?

i heard that theyre taking out the ayc and acd.

Mikko
11-01-2002, 07:45 PM
Well, I remember reading that there are two main variants of the Evo series cars. The big technology filled GSR which is best left on tracks and tarmac, and then the much lighter (with a slightly narrower body, too) RS-II that doesn't have that fancy electronics nonsense and is more race inclined.

It is worth mentioning that if now the computerized AWD system is so great, why are mitsubishi removing it on their Evo 7 Group N rally cars and replacing them with mechanical LSD's?

The Mitsu vice president in North America said there would be a ton of lancer variants, so I'm sure they'll have different incarnations of the Evo too. Meaning, you get your fancy AYC stuff..haha.

Zephyr
11-01-2002, 09:59 PM
EVO starting at $30 grand USD base price and with options around $34-$36 grand USD

STi is around $28-$37 grand USD i read somewhere....

boi-alien
11-02-2002, 01:04 AM
yo zeph! buy me one :D i'll pay u back!!

szw
11-02-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
STi is around $28-$37 grand USD i read somewhere....

Thats a big ballpark!

4wheeldrift
11-02-2002, 08:57 AM
The STi will be in the neighbourhood of $50k canadian. The Evo we get here, if its gonna come in at a price of $30k US is going to be missing a lot of the goodies that make the car worth driving to begin with :thumbsdow

4wheeldrift
11-02-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Mikko
It is worth mentioning that if now the computerized AWD system is so great, why are mitsubishi removing it on their Evo 7 Group N rally cars and replacing them with mechanical LSD's?Its likely homologation related.

Mikko
11-02-2002, 10:58 AM
But from what I gather almost all Evo 7's come with this computerized AWD system. This, and the fact that the actual WRC Evo 7 has had a lot of trouble with it's AWD computer system suggests that it is performance related, and not homologation.

4wheeldrift
11-03-2002, 09:31 AM
If anything its simplicity of servicing them. How many rally teams, even big name group N teams without factory backing have driveline engineers with them to fix all the fancy computer driven gadgets on the cars? Not many I'm thinking. Good help to fix the expensive systems can't be cheap.

Mikko
11-03-2002, 11:51 AM
I think you are right.
:clap:
After all, pro-rally is a lot about durability and consistency. On the Kenya rally it looks like they should take jeeps there instead of cars, too much who builds the most durable car rather than driving skill there, or so it feels. But they axed that event so I need not worry any more

Zephyr
11-03-2002, 02:48 PM
Expect the Lancer Evolution sedan we’ll see in U.S. showrooms to rumble with a 2.0 liter turbocharged, inline-four developing more than 250 rabid horses, gravity-defying four-wheel-drive handling, eye-ball displacing Brembo brakes and a sub-30K sticker price.

The magnificent Lancer Evolution will appear in U.S. showrooms in the spring of 2003. “The Lancer EVO is our chance to stir the blood of every enthusiast and build our reputation as a major performance player in this country,” said Pierre Gagnon, president and chief operating officer of MMSA. “It will cast warm light on every product we sell. When we say we build spirited cars for spirited people, everyone will be listening.”

4wheeldrift
11-04-2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Mikko
I think you are right.
:clap:
After all, pro-rally is a lot about durability and consistency. On the Kenya rally it looks like they should take jeeps there instead of cars, too much who builds the most durable car rather than driving skill there, or so it feels. But they axed that event so I need not worry any more

For safari, they were actually producing special models of the cars with more durable body shells and everything heavily reinforced, just so the cars maybe have a chance at finishing in one piece. Safari was usually attrition, the old adage of "To finish first, first you must finish" applied especially heavily there.