PDA

View Full Version : Street racing accident this weekend

Pages : [1] 2

rage2
06-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Just had a chat with a police officer pal of mine, and he told me that there was a major accident this weekend at the street races over at timmy's. Apparantly, an eagle talon was running from the cops, lost control and crashed heavily, sending the driver to hospital. Let's wish the driver of the talon a speedy recovery regardless of the events that led up to the accident. I don't know too much of the details, he heard from a fellow officer and passed the info down to me.

On a related note, the cops are looking at starting another crackdown soon because of this incident, so start slowing down, and hide those big exhaust tips. And for the street racers that might frequent here (I know there are a few), please, let this be a lesson learned, and hope you understand how serious and real street racing can get in a blink of an eye.

Melinda
06-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Just had a chat with a police officer pal of mine, and he told me that there was a major accident this weekend at the street races over at timmy's. Apparantly, an eagle talon was running from the cops, lost control and crashed heavily, sending the driver to hospital. Let's wish the driver of the talon a speedy recovery regardless of the events that led up to the accident. I don't know too much of the details, he heard from a fellow officer and passed the info down to me.
Well from friends and a family member that were in the area of the accident on Saturday night, the details are pretty much what you said, he was running from the police at over 200 km/h, lost control of the car, hit another car, flipped a few times and then landed in a big lot of semi trucks, doing damage to four of the trucks within the area that he landed in. Apparently the driver (who is a member on this forum) and his passenger are both alright and were taken to hospital for stitches and a few other repairs but should be okay. However, I don't see the driver being able to drive for a long while given the fact that this is his 2nd or 3rd written off car in a year and a half...

Keep it on the track guys, it's getting scarry out there! Hopefully this shows a few people that you arent invisible and it CAN happen to anyone.

4G63Power
06-29-2004, 11:11 AM
lol...they run from the cops, putting the public at risk, crash and injure themselves and I should wish them a speedy recovery. :rolleyes:

sputnik
06-29-2004, 11:13 AM
its a good thing that no one innocent was hurt in this one...

rage2
06-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by 4G63Power
lol...they run from the cops, putting the public at risk, crash and injure themselves and I should wish them a speedy recovery. :rolleyes:
I'm sure we've all done stupid stuff when we're young... who are we to judge? I know I certainly haven't been an angel in my younger years.

CelicaST-162
06-29-2004, 11:24 AM

I'm sure we've all done stupid stuff when we're young... who are we to judge? I know I certainly haven't been an angel in my younger years.

:werd: Unfortunately my friend was the passenger in that car, and he is alright. Don't mean to sound like an ass but hopefully this time around the driver learned his lesson. They were very lucky they walked away from that.

bigboom
06-29-2004, 11:51 AM
as stupid as street racing is, why would you want to see someone get hurt? some people cant learn from other peoples mistakes, they need to make their own.

on another note...maybe i should switch my stock exhaust back in:dunno:

SinisterProbeGt
06-29-2004, 11:56 AM
from what I saw and talked to the officers on scene...
The talon was travleing on 52nd at a high rate of speed est over 170 kph.
The road has a s curve in it the talon could not make the turn hit the grass spun out hit a pole then hit a semi truck (actually moved the truck about 5 feet) and then hit another pole.
I was trying to get some pics but they would not let me.
I guess the talon owner had wrote off his bmw not even a week earlier......

Skylinelover
06-29-2004, 12:03 PM
2 days ago there was 2 cars a jetta and a cavalier racing side by side on a residential road. (my road) I was just sitting down and heard some fast cars going by and said " well someone is speeding" but my Dad told me they were racing. :dunno:

boi-alien
06-29-2004, 12:21 PM
what amazes me most is why the parents would even let their kid drive again after writting off 2 or 3 cars in the past year.

at any rate, i hope he gets better soon and learns his lesson... after the 3rd time

hatetank
06-29-2004, 12:39 PM
We have all been guilty of stupid speeding at time or another, I hope the guy is OK.

roopi
06-29-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover
2 days ago there was 2 cars a jetta and a cavalier racing side by side on a residential road. (my road) I was just sitting down and heard some fast cars going by and said " well someone is speeding" but my Dad told me they were racing. :dunno:

Did he tuck you in after?

ZMan2k2
06-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
its a good thing that no one innocent was hurt in this one...

Agreed.

True as well. However, no matter what I was doing, I knew it was useless to try to "outrun" the police. I don't care how fast you're driving, you're not going to outrun a radio.

However, considering that no-one died, no innocent people were injured, and those involved are healing up, let's just hope that everyone learns a valuable lesson here. "Say no to street racing. Keep it on the track." Hmmm. I know I've heard that somewhere before?:rolleyes:

QuasarCav
06-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by hatetank
We have all been guilty of stupid speeding at time or another, I hope the guy is OK.

Yeah, cruising down deerfoot at 140km/h is better than 170 down 52nd.

Hope your okay man, spread the word about not doing it again.

legendboy
06-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Ya, trying to outrun the cops at 200km/h doesn't qualify any sympathy. I hope he does not recover. That way I know he will never drive again. Beyond that, he had 2 passengers with him?? Yea, that guy needs to learn the ultimate lesson......

Skyline_Addict
06-29-2004, 12:56 PM
oh no...i hope it wasn't this guy I know...

i know he's been to timmy's a few times and he drives a champagne/gold coloured talon of the generation before the most current.

WGR4Pussies
06-29-2004, 01:10 PM
His name is Bimmer PETE, I heard on sunday what happened. he's not the brightest of guys.

hjr
06-29-2004, 02:14 PM
you know him huh? what is done to his talon

EK 2.0
06-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
from what I saw and talked to the officers on scene...
The talon was travleing on 52nd at a high rate of speed est over 170 kph.
The road has a s curve in it the talon could not make the turn hit the grass spun out hit a pole then hit a semi truck (actually moved the truck about 5 feet) and then hit another pole.
I was trying to get some pics but they would not let me.
I guess the talon owner had wrote off his bmw not even a week earlier......

Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
His name is Bimmer PETE, I heard on sunday what happened. he's not the brightest of guys.

That is the guy, and I know its wrong to speak of ppl behind their backs...but and I hope him and his friends read this...I am sorry it was so serious but a lesson needed to be learned...yes we all goof off on the streets, drive orverly agressive sometimes...BUT, there is a very fine line and he crossed it FAR too many times...Hopefully lesson learned and what Legendboy said may be a lil harsh but it is a reality...

EK 2.0
06-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by hjr
you know him huh? what is done to his talon

he blew up the first motor too much boost AFTER me telling him when he came to me for advice on what to do...running a T28 with stock EVERYTHING, no fuel mods or exhaust mods...just a boost controller...THEN swapped in a 1G, he said JDM but I am not so sure...and this happens...

dkny_stylez
06-29-2004, 02:26 PM
not smart at all, he got what he deserved, may sound harsh but it's the truth:banghead:

B17a
06-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by dkny_stylez
not smart at all, he got what he deserved, may sound harsh but it's the truth:banghead:

No, he's lucky he lived, and he won't get what he deserves because I'm sure with our legal system he won't spend a day in jail.:thumbsdow

Orbie
06-29-2004, 03:18 PM

Originally posted by bigboom
as stupid as street racing is, why would you want to see someone get hurt? some people cant learn from other peoples mistakes, they need to make their own.

on another note...maybe i should switch my stock exhaust back in

Originally posted by hatetank

um...c'mon guys:

Originally posted by Melinda
However, I don't see the driver being able to drive for a long while given the fact that this is his 2nd or 3rd written off car in a year and a half...

I agree that some people just don't learn but through their own experiences, but obviously this guy is incapable of growing up! How many times of crashing your car does it take to learn something!? I'm afraid the only thing that will teach this guy a lesson is when he kills someone and gets some jail time! What I want to know is how he's coming up with the dough to pay his insurance! He should get his license permanently revoked IMO.

Ben
06-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Size of my Sympathy:

---><---

Size of my"you're a fuckin idiot" rant.

--->

<--

Sure, we've all done stupid stuff or one point or another, but this is beyond stupid and is not excusable in ANY way.

WGR4Pussies
06-29-2004, 04:02 PM
All those fags who think they are vin diesel at the local street races needed to grow up... GET A GRIP MOTHER FUCKERS.

:thumbsup:

3g4me
06-29-2004, 04:19 PM
This guy has been my best friend for 19 years of my life, im just glad he is o.k. I knew it was comming for a while now.:thumbsdow It just pisses me off seeing such nice cars get totally FUCKED.:cry:

dkny_stylez
06-29-2004, 04:51 PM
[B]All those fags who think they are vin diesel at the local street races needed to grow up... GET A GRIP MOTHER FUCKERS.

bahahah that's fuckin gold!:rofl:

finboy
06-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by 3g4me
This guy has been my best friend for 19 years of my life, im just glad he is o.k. I knew it was comming for a while now.:thumbsdow

maybe its time to rethink your friends and the group you hang out with *cough* URBAN VELOCITY *cough* you seem quite civil to me and were quite polite in pm's, but your friend is an IDIOT.

i don't feel the least bit sorry for him, i've seen how he treats other people, and how he drives, he actually overtook one of my buddies IN AN UNDERGROUND parking lot once, how stupid can you get? how many accidents has he been in becuase he drives like a jackass?

unfortunaltly darwinism fails again :thumbsdow

PGTze
06-29-2004, 05:20 PM
Well that sucks eh, probably shouldn't run from the cops :dunno:

Ekliptix
06-29-2004, 05:43 PM
From the driver:
"There was no police at the scene until I called 911, so I was pretty much there alone for 10min or so, if I am what you are makng me out to be, why didnt I run with my friend and leave the car as stolen??? . Never said I didn't fuck up. But there were more factors invlovled other then my driving.
Nice to see how fast people jump to conlusions with false facts."

http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=20946.0

finboy
06-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
From the driver:
&quot;There was no police at the scene until I called 911, so I was pretty much there alone for 10min or so, if I am what you are makng me out to be, why didnt I run with my friend and leave the car as stolen??? . Never said I didn't fuck up. But there were more factors invlovled other then my driving.
Nice to see how fast people jump to conlusions with false facts.&quot;

http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=20946.0

more factors involved than his driving? like what, the police car behind him :rofl:

PGTze
06-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by finboy

more factors involved than his driving? like what, the police car behind him :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EK 2.0
06-29-2004, 06:41 PM
reading the P.S. posts and thread is very enlightening...interesting to see all the sides and hear different P.O.V.'s...and I dont know what is true and what isn't, but stupidity and motor cars do NOT mix...

Urban Velocity, I am sorry to hear a comrade was injured, and you are all very lucky that it didnt end up worse...its one thing for a drive to get hurt and possibly pass-on, but a passenger, and/or bystanders could have been seruously hurt...

Melinda
06-29-2004, 06:43 PM
They're so quick to say "how would it hurt anyone if he wrote off 5 cars in a month" Haha aside from innocent people on the roads there is also the contribution to the rising costs of insurance. Haha and speaking of innocent people in his accidents, his first write off of a camero on the highway was a head on collision with 3 people in the other car including a small child.

BumpinTalon
06-29-2004, 06:47 PM
is this the guy with black second gen TSi AWD talon? and the supercharge BMW?
Now here's a dickhead thing to say: Where is his car? I want the motor, or at the very least his fuel pump, injectors, turbo, and so on. Like seriously
I CALL DIBS

Forcefed
06-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Regaurdless of what hapend or how it happend, it was a shame. Personally take it as a leanring experince and go from there. I know Petem hes a great guy, its unfortunate that this kinda of thing would happen but going 260+ down a 70k road can only last for so long.....there are posted speeds for a reason. Regaurdless, im just glad hes okay, I mean I was there, hes lucky to be alive.

But hey Life goes on....

euro_racer
06-29-2004, 07:32 PM
pete is a great guy, i think that ppl are wrong for calling him a f&f wannabee. you have no right to judge him by things like his driving. the important thing is that no one was hurt. i am however mad at all the wrong rumors going on, if you were not there you have no right to make shit up like "the car flipped". we all know this was wrong and it is gonna hurt the community. i think he has learned his lesson and we all should stay out of orher ppl's buiseness.

:closed: :whocares:

WGR4Pussies
06-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
pete is a great guy, i think that ppl are wrong for calling him a f&amp;f wannabee. you have no right to judge him by things like his driving. the important thing is that no one was hurt. i am however mad at all the wrong rumors going on, if you were not there you have no right to make shit up like &quot;the car flipped&quot;. we all know this was wrong and it is gonna hurt the community. i think he has learned his lesson and we all should stay out of orher ppl's buiseness.

:closed: :whocares:

hahaha, that has to be most most stupid post I have ever seen :thumbsup:

-he is a F&F wanabe
-we have a right to judge people by there acts alone,
-wrong rumors? who cares, the guys a shit head.
-if we weren't at there durring WW2, can we not comment on it?, besides, who cares if people got it wrong what happened, it in no way affects you what we think happened
-he hasn't learned his lesson, just read his responses
-this is 100% our buisness, hes a moron on our streets

illeagle
06-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
Now here's a dickhead thing to say: Where is his car? I want the motor, or at the very least his fuel pump, injectors, turbo, and so on. Like seriously
I CALL DIBS

No, This is the guy that USED to have a green bimmer, and a black 2G talon...

How did he smash his BMW, and what was his first write off?

EK 2.0
06-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Then post the FACTS...if you dont want speculation, and you were theer, tell us all what exactly happened??

Why does everyone hide behind the details...human nature will makes us take what we hear and have us make up our own story...

Tell me he was doing 50 in a 70 zone stopped for an old lady to cross the street, and upon accelerating again back up to 50, he had to swerve to avoid a group of handicapped children, and when doing this his 2G DSM just couldn't handle the G-Forces generated from his manuver and he lost control and rolled into the cop car sitting on the side of the road as the cop was sitting on the hood enjoying a French Crueller...:rolleyes:

EK 2.0
06-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by illeagle

No, This is the guy that USED to have a green bimmer, and a black 2G talon...

How did he smash his BMW, and what was his first write off?

I thought his Bimmer was in the shop getting a "Belt-Driver Turbocharger" installed...

leutyc
06-29-2004, 07:59 PM
It is/ Was. In red deer i heard.

jdmakkord
06-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Then post the FACTS...if you dont want speculation, and you were theer, tell us all what exactly happened??

Why does everyone hide behind the details...human nature will makes us take what we hear and have us make up our own story...

Tell me he was doing 50 in a 70 zone stopped for an old lady to cross the street, and upon accelerating again back up to 50, he had to swerve to avoid a group of handicapped children, and when doing this his 2G DSM just couldn't handle the G-Forces generated from his manuver and he lost control and rolled into the cop car sitting on the side of the road as the cop was sitting on the hood enjoying a French Crueller...:rolleyes:

Ahahahahhahahaha :rofl:

That is pure GOLD!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Mckenzie
06-29-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm glad to hear everyone was ok in this incident but it is people like this who make our insurance higher....especially in the last few years where young people have been paying up the pooper just to insure a car. I know Rage and others are against young people paying less for insurance, but in all honesty there are good young drivers out there who do NOT need to be grouped into the same category that this person is. By the sounds of it with his record he should not be able to get behind a wheel for quite some time. :dunno:

redec
06-29-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
I CALL DIBS

I want the block....if it's not demolished :P

fcuk_it
06-29-2004, 09:15 PM
we all do stupid things, but MY FUCKIN GOD... this guy has to be the biggest RETARD to run from the cops... no sympathy at all from me....

Melinda
06-29-2004, 09:21 PM
what was his first write off?
It was a silver camero

Skyline_Addict
06-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

It was a silver camero

i'm pretty surprised that he manages to get insured.

euro_racer
06-29-2004, 09:34 PM
im not saying it was right what he did, i wouldent do it i it was me (run from cops), but how would you feel if someone you know is being dissed all over the internet. it is bad enaugh for him to renember the horrible event/s for the rest of his live, but now people are talking about you all over the net. i think that he will learn from this eventually when he sees how much money he lost and who else he could have hurt.

i do blame people like this for high insurance rates too, but you cant call someone names if you don't know them.

finboy
06-29-2004, 09:38 PM
im not saying it was right what he did, i wouldent do it i it was me (run from cops), but how would you feel if someone you know is being dissed all over the internet. it is bad enaugh for him to renember the horrible event/s for the rest of his live, but now people are talking about you all over the net. i think that he will learn from this eventually when he sees how much money he lost and who else he could have hurt.

i do blame people like this for high insurance rates too, but you cant call someone names if you don't know them.

he deserves EVERYTHING he gets. you may be his friend but what about everyone else on the road he's endangering?

ricosuave
06-29-2004, 09:38 PM
yeah, but this is not his first, right? thats the problem. first time, yeah, MAYBE some sympathy and hopes that he'll grow up for next time. but 2 or 3 more? what is it gonna take for him to 'get it'? dying? killing the innocent? NO SYMPATHY FROM ME AT ALL. i realize he's your bud and everything, but c'mon. i hope MORE people know about what a maroon this guy is on the net, and that street racing isnt cool. he hasnt learned a lesson yet, why would he all of a sudden start now? its people like him who cause the rates to climb, and OUR PUBLIC ROADS to be unsafe. apparently no amount of money (yet) is enough to make him, and you, realize that...

rico

take it to the track!

illeagle
06-29-2004, 09:45 PM
someone who has no respect for himself, his/her property, and the other around him/her, has no respect from me. I'm the guy he overtook in the chinook underground parking lot. His driving was wreckless, and endangering. He diden't even tailgate (which he usually does) I was doing 20k's, seen him comming up fast, then buddy goes around me as if it was a double lane. His driving gets worst when he has a crowd, or people in his car. He had it comming, and i really hope he's done with driving.

As for his BMW, i think it's smashed up too, does anyone know for sure?

WGR4Pussies
06-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

i'm pretty surprised that he manages to get insured.

his girl friend works for the insurance company, and rumor is he only bangs her so he can get insured.

WGR4Pussies
06-29-2004, 10:00 PM
As for his BMW, i think it's smashed up too, does anyone know for sure?

it is smashed up, but not written off, looks like toretto is out for the count this time.

ricosuave
06-29-2004, 10:02 PM

his girl friend works for the insurance company, and rumor is he only bangs her so he can get insured.

THATS nice.

illeagle
06-29-2004, 10:04 PM

why not, i can't see any other reason why he would... haha.. I thought you can't get discounts for car insurance? If he can, maybe i should start talking to her.. *shudder*:poosie:

Is there a chance he'll get his Bimmer back? or is that BMW long gone?

EK 2.0
06-29-2004, 10:06 PM

HIS actions dictate how HE is perceived...HE chose do do what HE did, and put HIMSELF in this situation...Next are you gonna argue that we should let celebrities have personal lives??:rolleyes:

euro_racer
06-29-2004, 10:17 PM
yea he did deserve it, there is no doubt. but some of you ppl are taking this way too personal by saying stuff like "his girl friend works for the insurance company, and rumor is he only bangs her so he can get insured." that's takig it a little too far.

Redlyne_mr2
06-29-2004, 10:24 PM
What a tool...that moron is going to hitting up the LRT for a very very long time

euro_racer
06-29-2004, 10:24 PM
BTW, did i ever say streetracing is cool? i dont go there every week maybe once a month, and when i do go it is to be with some of my friends not to race. not everyone races there, most come just to watch.

RSRT-4
06-29-2004, 10:29 PM
yea he did deserve it, there is no doubt. but some of you ppl are taking this way too personal by saying stuff like &quot;his girl friend works for the insurance company, and rumor is he only bangs her so he can get insured.&quot; that's takig it a little too far.

Would have to agree with that one, There are lots of DD's that get insurance again In are society if there is a profit to be made some will take the chance.

Having heard from different people that were out that night , I would believe the story he was tryin to help a friend and took it to far and paid almost a hefty price, The car is just a car a human life can't be replaced .

And after seeing the Accident scene I would have to agree he was really movin when he lost control

WGR4Pussies
06-29-2004, 10:36 PM
yea he did deserve it, there is no doubt. but some of you ppl are taking this way too personal by saying stuff like &quot;his girl friend works for the insurance company, and rumor is he only bangs her so he can get insured.&quot; that's takig it a little too far.

someone wanted to know how he gets insurances, so I gave them the local water tank rumor, you should be glad your fucking retard friend got this much attention, he's like brian oconner. :rofl: :rofl:

I NEVER KNOCKED ON NOBODY

Wildcat
06-29-2004, 10:40 PM
lets all: BLAME THE PARENTS!

:rofl:

SI-vic
06-29-2004, 10:41 PM
1. I have no sympathy for this idiot. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I THINK HE'S A FUCKIN IDIOT. I DONT CARE, FLAME ME.

2. You run from the law? Then you deserve every little bullshit that happens to you.

3. He's written off more than 1 car off??? He is an absolute moron like I've already stated. He needs to learn to drive and I hope he becomes a handicap so that he cannot drive ever again. Better yet, I hope he is put in jail too so that his mouth can be washed with a man's dick!

4. Who am I to judge him???? Fuck I have every right to judge this fool. He put people in danger. When he starts putting people in danger..... I have every right to judge him.

The truth hurt dont it
He obviously hasnt learnt from the first time around......

s10andy
06-29-2004, 10:43 PM
ive been reading this forum and i just have to say to all u ppl that hope he doesn't recover, and wishes that he doesn't,, u guys have no fuckin heart..like seriously, so the kid made a mistake.. ya it was dumb him running from the cops.. but i mean comone.. how many of us r perfect, hell i have made mistakes, ppl do learn and i am sure he is gunna learn, we have all been done that road,, speed is addictiin, i know case i ahve 8 speeding tickets and one stuntin and 2 lisence suspensions.... but hey i have learned.... ya i was there.. he was being dumb.. but just to set the record right all of us at the races r not like that. this year is just not a good year, we have lots of newbies that don't know shit.. but the 4 years i ahve been goin everyone watches each others backs.. as far as i am concerned this is kinda a isolated incident, and i am sure now everyone is gon to be more careful out there.. true i am not planing on goin much anymore due to the experience of the younger drivers tryin to race there ricers.. but i am sure ppl will be more careful now...
and thats my 2 cents

SI-vic
06-29-2004, 10:48 PM
how can you be more careful when it comes to street racing?
street racing is never safe.

so what if I have no heart, he obviously has no fuckin heart for looking out for the other people on the road. We all already know he has no brain either.

Of course we're not all perfect but he's totalled off HOW MANY cars now????????
He hasnt learned shit.

How would you like it if he smoked off your mom???? huh maybe he didnt but he COULD'VE!

street racers = idiots

BumpinTalon
06-29-2004, 10:48 PM
blahblahblahblahblah
:drama:
he crashed. this post was done to death after the second response
:whocares:

euro_racer
06-29-2004, 11:04 PM
i am exactly on the same page as s10andy, and the crash didnt happen as he was racing, it happened on the way back to tim hortons. so street racing had nothing to do with it, it all started by running a red light. it could have all happened in front of chinook too, would it have been street racing? this sort of thing could have happened anywere, just cuz he was at the races before the crash dosent mean that he was racing at the time of the crash.

EK 2.0
06-29-2004, 11:08 PM
i am exactly on the same page as s10andy, and the crash didnt happen as he was racing, it happened on the way back to tim hortons. so street racing had nothing to do with it, it all started by running a red light. it could have all happened in front of chinook too, would it have been street racing? this sort of thing could have happened anywere, just cuz he was at the races before the crash dosent mean that he was racing at the time of the crash.

if he was going back to Timmie's...how did street racing have NOTHING to do with it...where was he coming from??...not the old folks home...and where was he going after meeting back at Timmie's??...not to church...hmmm...

Saturday night in the Foothills Industrial...I knows he aint doin the Lord's work out there...

Can I get an Amen??

ricosuave
06-29-2004, 11:13 PM
i also dont think that you necessarily have to have another vehicle in order to 'street race' - you get my drift?

dkny_stylez
06-29-2004, 11:23 PM
were the 2 other write off's related to street racing?

rmk
06-29-2004, 11:23 PM
This fella deserves zero sympathy at all. I know I will get if from some, but I sincerely hope his legs are gone so he will never drive another car in his life. Getting a speeding ticket or whatever is one thing, but WRITING OFF 2-3 cars and running from the cops at however ludacris speed? They should send his crippled butt to jail for a couple of months and start a SERIOUS crackdown on this stupid ridiculous activity. If I were one of the cops involved, I would have HAULED his mangled body out of the car and cuffed him right there. Thank the lord no pedestrians were hurt/killed. The passenger, (who knows why he/she were driving around with such an a-hole) are equally as guilty. Slow it down and take it the track.

Ryan

550M

SI-vic
06-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

if he was going back to Timmie's...how did street racing have NOTHING to do with it...where was he coming from??...not the old folks home...and where was he going after meeting back at Timmie's??...not to church...hmmm...

Saturday night in the Foothills Industrial...I knows he aint doin the Lord's work out there...

Can I get an Amen??

Amen brotha. Amen.

Orbie
06-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Definitely Cyclone!

This supposed defense of the person in question, was the dumbest thing I have ever heard!

Listen to yourself and what your saying, it doesn't make any sense! The crash didn't happen as he was racing? what was he doing going that fast!? a sunday drive!? your damn right he was racing, I have no idea what else you can call going that fast! Just to note you don't have to be driving fast against someone to be racing, cars are fully capable of racing around by themselves if the driver wanted as in this case.

And where did it happen? at race city or another organized track? hell no, it happened on the STREET!!!! Put the two previous points together and what do you have? STREET RACING! and don't even get me started on running a red light, that's a whole other thread for stupidity! If it happened in front of Chinook, in the N.W., Temple, Southcentre, Tim Horton's or whatever it is STILL Street Racing! So it had everything to do with it, and he whole heartedly committed himself to it which is the worst part!

I admire that your trying to stand up for your friend, but when we refer to "Street Racing" as stupid, we're referring to any type of street racing, not just where you guys decide to hold your drags! Just because you leave that area, does that all of a sudden mean your off the hook and can go crazy around city streets? hell no, driving is a privilege man it involves responsibility for all others on the road including yourself and your passengers, I think this guy needs to realize that hopefully before something worse happens.

Hakkola
06-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by s10andy
this year is just not a good year, we have lots of newbies that don't know shit.. but the 4 years i ahve been goin everyone watches each others backs..

LOL! This year is not a good year? FUCK, it's the bullshits, I have NEVER heard a good thing about these streetraces, not this year, not last year, and most definately not the year before.

Originally posted by rmk
at however ludacris speed?

Ryan

550M

Haahaha, we need ludicrous speed! Spaceballs fuckin rocks!

On a more serious note, how can anybody even think about defending this guy? I don't care if he ran a red light or if he was street racing or whatever the fuck else he may have been doing, it was still stupid.

I'm curious to see if this guy spits out the facts.

Obie-Rice
06-29-2004, 11:56 PM
He was probably just embarassed about that mauve Fiero that shut him down a half hour before, maybe it was his way of venting. :dunno:

WGR4Pussies
06-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

finboy
06-29-2004, 11:57 PM
ive been reading this forum and i just have to say to all u ppl that hope he doesn't recover, and wishes that he doesn't,, u guys have no fuckin heart..like seriously, so the kid made a mistake.. ya it was dumb him running from the cops.. but i mean comone.. how many of us r perfect, hell i have made mistakes, ppl do learn and i am sure he is gunna learn, we have all been done that road,, speed is addictiin, i know case i ahve 8 speeding tickets and one stuntin and 2 lisence suspensions.... but hey i have learned.... ya i was there.. he was being dumb.. but just to set the record right all of us at the races r not like that. this year is just not a good year, we have lots of newbies that don't know shit.. but the 4 years i ahve been goin everyone watches each others backs.. as far as i am concerned this is kinda a isolated incident, and i am sure now everyone is gon to be more careful out there.. true i am not planing on goin much anymore due to the experience of the younger drivers tryin to race there ricers.. but i am sure ppl will be more careful now...
and thats my 2 cents

did you even read the thread???

how many cars does he have to write off before he learns? people are hoping he doesn't recover so he doesn't do it again and "learn his lesson" by killing someone.

and isolated incident? do you want the video of the sunfire crashing into the festiva last year brought up? how about the NUMEROUS other accidents out there on a nearly weekly occurance?

here is how people can learn the lesson w/o crashing...
DON'T DRIVE LIKE AN IDIOT.

Melinda
06-30-2004, 12:08 AM
Haha I hate the "rumor mill" but there is one that surfaced this afternoon about him being arrested today and having bail that is pretty freakin high. He may be there for a few days anyway. If this is untrue, dont sue me, it is handed down info

redec
06-30-2004, 01:35 AM
just curious....what the fuck is the point of the saturday night street races? There's this place called race city that lets you race on Friday nights....with real timing and they give you a timeslip and everything...not to mention it's in a controlled environment with emergency medical personel handy in case of a mishap...with this available, why the fuck would you go to the industrial park? Is there something uber-cool here that I'm missing out on? I've never been, but it seems to me it's just a bunch of kids a) racing their parent's cars b) showing off....and all they seem to be accomplishing is making life hell for responsible car enthusiasts (making cops give out mod tix, and sky-high insurance)....as far as I can tell, they could just move the meet from sat night in the industrial park to friday night at race city, and all the problems would go away....I really don't get it.

lam-boy
06-30-2004, 01:46 AM
Petey is a mentally challenge fictional character created by American Pie 2...but I guess t34m UrhhhB44nn V3LLoZiCttty brung him to life.

:thumbsdow for idiots who jeopardize other peoples lives

fcuk_it
06-30-2004, 01:52 AM
ahh... natural selection at it's best...
fuckin douchebag deserves everything thats commin to him...

Forcefed
06-30-2004, 02:03 AM
Since a picture says a thousand words, and everyon seems to be using thousands of words, i thought i'd make a little contribution that I saw over on another board;)

:thumbsup:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yo man thats just rude....Serious....I mean come on now, this is starting to get out of hand....

WGR4Pussies
06-30-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by redec
just curious....what the fuck is the point of the saturday night street races? There's this place called race city that lets you race on Friday nights....with real timing and they give you a timeslip and everything...not to mention it's in a controlled environment with emergency medical personel handy in case of a mishap...with this available, why the fuck would you go to the industrial park? Is there something uber-cool here that I'm missing out on? I've never been, but it seems to me it's just a bunch of kids a) racing their parent's cars b) showing off....and all they seem to be accomplishing is making life hell for responsible car enthusiasts (making cops give out mod tix, and sky-high insurance)....as far as I can tell, they could just move the meet from sat night in the industrial park to friday night at race city, and all the problems would go away....I really don't get it.

well, seeing as how I'm a impressionable young person, I have attented alot (some) of these "street races" I've seen alot of beyond members there, ben, cyclone, leutc, sinister, to name a few, there are alot of people there, alot of cars, and sometimes some nice ones, most of the time is spent at tim hortons, just checking out cars.

there is a group of people, who think they are toretto, and brian, and try to run it, they all have walkie talkies, and set up the races, they even have a website about it(you might have heard of it?), they all drive crazy all the time, and you bascily just follow them around to the next tim hortons, then later at round 12 they go race somewhere till the cops show, most of the races involve stock integras agianst stock integras, with people mishifting.

The same people are there every night that they dont have work the next day, I guess they dont have much of a social life so instead of going to parties, hanging out, getting a real job, they took it upon themselfs to try and run the Calgary Street Races. They do a shitty job of it and they are in it for the fame, not the cars, as you can tell by the fact that they drive cars like a stock z34, dodge ram sport(with a fucked up front end, due to street racing), 99 mustang, J-body, 88 integra. black DSM, Black neon. all stock of course. Thats the scene at the timmies every sat night at 10. its just 100% retarded.

fast95pony
06-30-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Forcefed

Yo man thats just rude....Serious....I mean come on now, this is starting to get out of hand....

No,no...it got out of hand a long time ago when Sunshine made a series of bad decisions ,and ended up driving his car at a speed where he no longer had control and crashed (again)....

I'm encouraged by all the negative feedback.You have restored my faith in young drivers :thumbsup:

Sure,we all have a little fun now again , but this driver's record shows he is clearly reckless and will probably kill himself or another driver if he continues to drive. Take away his car,his licence , and have him spend some time in the Big House !

ryder_23
06-30-2004, 02:22 AM
I'll admit, i've made a bad decision, had a little accident, and learned, that was 3 years ago, mine never wrote off a car, or had extensive consequences, but it made me realise, you'd think that with most people, 1 small accident would make people realise, but 2-3 now...come on, thats just crazy. Hopefully this is a big wake up call, but from the looks of his record, doubtful. And if he does realize, too bad it had to come to almost tragedy before he learned :thumbsdow

1-Bar
06-30-2004, 02:31 AM
ive been reading this forum and i just have to say to all u ppl that hope he doesn't recover, and wishes that he doesn't,, u guys have no fuckin heart..like seriously, so the kid made a mistake.. ya it was dumb him running from the cops.. but i mean comone.. how many of us r perfect, hell i have made mistakes, ppl do learn and i am sure he is gunna learn, we have all been done that road,, speed is addictiin, i know case i ahve 8 speeding tickets and one stuntin and 2 lisence suspensions.... but hey i have learned.... ya i was there.. he was being dumb..

Wow...interesting, how would you feel, or any one else for that matter if you knew an innocent bystander who was injured in a car racing incident. You would be singing a different tune now, wouldn't you??

Come on...trying to out run a cop. Do you have to learn that, uhhh, this is wrong...next time I won't do it again?? Try that line when you commit murder and see how that holds up....This is a no grey area matter, like this is black and white.....

Forcefed
06-30-2004, 02:31 AM
just wondering, where in the hell did that FF photoshop pic come from!?!?! Also does anyone have pics of the accident?

SI-vic
06-30-2004, 03:17 AM
Who are those people on the FF photoshopped picture anyways?

random people or are those actual people in the accident.

Anyways, wish the fool could come onto this board and read this thread of 9000000000 people calling him an idiot.
MAYBE just MAYBE he'll realize that he's still not cool and infact, will never be.
oh wait.... hopefully he's in jail like Melinda's source says.
and lets hope for a long long long conviction.

sexualbanana
06-30-2004, 03:20 AM
it is bad enaugh for him to renember the horrible event/s for the rest of his live, but now people are talking about you all over the net. i think that he will learn from this eventually when he sees how much money he lost and who else he could have hurt.

It's cool you're defending your friend. I really do. I think it's admirable. But you're making it sound like he's never done anything wrong before. By you're point, he's had to relive expensive car accidents TWICE already, and now he's reliving a third. At what point do you eventually have to break down and just admit that he's been lucky the last three times that neither he nor somebody else has gotten seriously injured, and that his luck is bound to run out?

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
What a tool...that moron is going to hitting up the LRT for a very very long time

If my LRT you mean "Long Ramming Tool" in the form of Big Dick Bubba.

BTW, did i ever say streetracing is cool? i dont go there every week maybe once a month, and when i do go it is to be with some of my friends not to race. not everyone races there, most come just to watch.

By attending, you're already encouraging this kind of behaviour. If no one gathered like this on Saturday nights, things like this might not happen.

there is a group of people, who think they are toretto, and brian, and try to run it, they all have walkie talkies, and set up the races, they even have a website about it(you might have heard of it?), they all drive crazy all the time, and you bascily just follow them around to the next tim hortons, then later at round 12 they go race somewhere till the cops show, most of the races involve stock integras agianst stock integras, with people mishifting.

The same people are there every night that they dont have work the next day, I guess they dont have much of a social life so instead of going to parties, hanging out, getting a real job, they took it upon themselfs to try and run the Calgary Street Races. They do a shitty job of it and they are in it for the fame, not the cars, as you can tell by the fact that they drive cars like a stock z34, dodge ram sport(with a fucked up front end, due to street racing), 99 mustang, J-body, 88 integra. black DSM, Black neon. all stock of course. Thats the scene at the timmies every sat night at 10. its just 100% retarded.

A well thought out post. Here's my little addition to it if you don't mind.

They go to check out other people's cars. Sounds a lot like a car show, or a regular 403Honda meet (where no racing occurs at all).

They go to check out how fast other people's cars are. Gee, that sure does sound a lot like Race City or other organized track events similar to those. Put on by the track with proper personnel.

Soooo, why not go to those? Makes logical sense, and you won't/can't get in shit for it.

Originally posted by ryder_23
I'll admit, i've made a bad decision, had a little accident, and learned, that was 3 years ago, mine never wrote off a car, or had extensive consequences, but it made me realise, you'd think that with most people, 1 small accident would make people realise, but 2-3 now...come on, thats just crazy. Hopefully this is a big wake up call, but from the looks of his record, doubtful. And if he does realize, too bad it had to come to almost tragedy before he learned :thumbsdow

:werd: I wrote off 2 cars 2 months after I got my license. My car and a parked rental luxury car (3 of the 4 worst categories). I didn't drive for about 5-6 months after the accident. When I did start driving, I was very timid in the way I drove. Very carefully. AMA would've hired me on the spot if they saw me. My insurance is still fucked (it's been over 4 and a half years). Accidents 1 or 2 should have been a wake up call.Apparently, he just hit the snooze button, so accident 3 should be a kick in the nuts. Maybe then, he'll get his ass out of bed.

lam-boy
06-30-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by SI-vic

Anyways, wish the fool could come onto this board and read this thread of 9000000000 people calling him an idiot.
MAYBE just MAYBE he'll realize that he's still not cool and infact, will never be.

I doubt it. with the way he reacts to having cops chase him?

If he comes on here he'll just be "blah blahb blah you dont know my side of the story, blha blah blah you people need to shut the fuck up blah blah blah stop judging me you buncha fags blah blah blah you guys are just jealous of my fast skillzz blah blah blah when i was in jail i got ass rammed from my cell-mate blah blah blah"

his high school attitude will show and he will call everyone out to "meet" him :rofl:

Fuji
06-30-2004, 03:49 AM
hopefully he learns his lesson for the third time. Although past history would indicate prolly not.

Melinda
06-30-2004, 08:56 AM

The guy in the pic is the driver in the accident and the girl is his girlfriend

EK 2.0
06-30-2004, 09:15 AM

As Mel posted those are people from the incident...and I dont know if he's a member of Beyond, BUT he did post a lot of stuff on Performance-Shop and basically is hiding from posting the facts...he made up a wonky story and well if its the truth then it is...but I mean

If it walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, and smells like a duck then it probably is a...

And like Spencer mentioned earlier yeah I do go to Timmie's havent raced there for maybe 2 years now...I smartened up after seeing something really stupid happen...anyway, I go I see people and have a cup of coffee while talking cars...for myself, at least for the past couple of years...its been a place to hang out...Finboy and Illeagle and myself meet up and hang out at Tim Horton's for a couple of hours while you hear fartcans and see underglow zipping up and down 52nd for no apparent reason...

googe
06-30-2004, 10:56 AM
well ill stick my nose where it doesnt belong and share the latest rumor

some people could almost have sympathy for the people involved here, but they havent learned anything and are being very dishonest.

apparently the reason he crashed is because this red deer shop he visited "installed his speedometer wrong" causing him to "think he was going alot slower than he actually was", as well his "transmission was not in properly" causing the "balance to be thrown off". this guy knows he fucked up bad and hes going to get alot of shit for it, so theyre witholding details and trying to manufacture BS to get the blame off them, or at least minimized.

this is pretty much hearsay, but i believe it...

Melinda
06-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by googe
well ill stick my nose where it doesnt belong and share the latest rumor

some people could almost have sympathy for the people involved here, but they havent learned anything and are being very dishonest.

apparently the reason he crashed is because this red deer shop he visited &quot;installed his speedometer wrong&quot; causing him to &quot;think he was going alot slower than he actually was&quot;, as well his &quot;transmission was not in properly&quot; causing the &quot;balance to be thrown off&quot;. this guy knows he fucked up bad and hes going to get alot of shit for it, so theyre witholding details and trying to manufacture BS to get the blame off them, or at least minimized.

this is pretty much hearsay, but i believe it...
:rolleyes: 170-200 km is not hard to feel that you are going too fast. It's not like it's a junt at 100 or something, you DO know when you are going too fast. And if the car isnt working properly it shouldn't be driven. Period.

Mckenzie
06-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Hey Everyone....Story Time...:)

Here is an example of what happens when you think you can outrun the cops in a fancy sports car:

This guy:

-ran a speed trap on the trans-Canada on the August long weekend 2 years ago
-passed an entire caravan of long weekend travellors on a gravel shoulder at well over 170km/h
-almost killed 2 people pulled over on the side of the road
-was passing people on a 2 lane highway going up hills and around corners, endangering EVERYONE on the road

So....after the cops on ground and air gave chase, he started to drive even faster in his red 300zx.

The cops set out a spike belt for him.....

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/Back2.jpg

Swerving to avoid the spike belt he drives head on into a chev crew cab 1 ton with a 5 person family inside it at over 160 km/hr.

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/Front2.jpg

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/Front1.jpg

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/Front4.jpg

His 300ZX split into two peices immediatly after hitting the front of the truck.

One peice ended up 400 feet behind the truck on the north side of the highway....

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/Side1.jpg
http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/Side1b.jpg
http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/Side1a.jpg

and the other peice ended up 300 feet beside the truck on the south side of the highway near a river....

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/Side2c.jpg

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/Side2.jpg

So....

The family: shaken up but alive.

The driver: Taken to hospital in serious condition by stars air ambulance.
http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/Stars2.jpg

The punishment: This driver had already been CONVICTED and JAILED for dangerous driving causing death 5 years previous. His good friend was killed in the car that he crashed and he went to jail for it.

This time: 2 Years in jail.

MORAL of the story: Dont drive like a fuckin idiot. Dont endanger peoples lives. Dont make excuses for your actions. Dont run from the cops.

End of Story.

Ben
06-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by redec

I can answer that for you:

They dont go to Race City to race possibly because:

Cant Afford it

Being safe is not cool

Would rather drink and smoke up

Are afraid that their 10 second cars weall run 18's

Dont own the vehicles and so cant run (mom and dads cars and they wont give permission to run at the track)

Bad home life

variety of other reasons.

--------------

There are SOME OK cars that show up, I mean for the people who go to talk cars and be safe, there is nothing wrong with that...out of the huge group, it's usually only about 10% that do the actual racing.
Either way, I hate that stuff, Friday Nights at the Track are the way to go :thumbsup:

Ben
06-30-2004, 11:34 AM
Holy Hell McKenzie, thats horrific...

wannaride?
06-30-2004, 11:35 AM
"If the right arm sins, cut if off"

Well in keeping with that quote I think that if this guy was stupid to out run that cop and put other people's lives in danger, then they should cut off his leg for pushing the gas petal! :whipped:

Just imagin, if your girlfriend or someone you loved was driving the oppisite way and this guy killed them...then would you be saying the same stuff you are now????:dunno: