PDA

View Full Version : Myths about Mohawks 94 gas

Daxin
06-30-2004, 07:13 AM
I've been hearing mixed things about Mohawks ehthanol blend. I hear that is dries up the seals, I hear that blends are not good for turbo's, etc etc. What other myths or is it just that?

ZorroAMG
06-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Say hi to the tooth fairy and Santa if you believe all that...

Rage2 has had no probs running ethanol blends in all his cars for quite some time....what's good for the goose....

T5_X
06-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Only thing I've heard with the ethanol blends that is actually true is that you get decreased fuel mileage. I use up 1-1.5L/100 km more on mohawk gas, done several tests to back this up.

legendboy
06-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Ethonal blended fuel is not recomended for late model fuel injected vehicles as stated by the manufacturer in your owners manual. But I really don't think there are any problems running it.....I run it in my car :dunno:

Ralliart
06-30-2004, 11:38 AM
I think manufacturers only dont recomend using over 10% ethanol, not sure what mohawk is

benyl
06-30-2004, 11:47 AM
ethanol blended fuels are what Southern Californians call "winter gas".

It makes the engine run hotter and cleaner... only downside is decreased fuel mileage.

rage2
06-30-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Ethonal blended fuel is not recomended for late model fuel injected vehicles as stated by the manufacturer in your owners manual. But I really don't think there are any problems running it.....I run it in my car :dunno:
MYTH.

http://www.iowacorn.org/ethanol/ethanol_3b.html

Most of the myths are answered there. BTW - E85 Flexible Fuel vehicles (vehicles designed to run up to 85% ethanol) have very slight modifications to the normal model counterparts. Basically ECU tuning, fuel octane/ethanol detection, and really big injectors. The rest of the system is the same as compared to normal gasoline engines.

Gripenfelter
06-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by benyl
It makes the engine run hotter and cleaner... only downside is decreased fuel mileage.

Are you sure about it running hotter?

Because I've seen tests that show it releases less BTU than gasoline meaning it would run cooler.