PDA

View Full Version : I just got my Esso Speedpass!

Ekliptix
06-30-2004, 10:54 PM
Does anyone else use these? I'm looking forward to trying it out.

note: 94 octane is not required.

toyboy88
06-30-2004, 10:59 PM
yeah my whole family uses these, there great and convenient :thumbsup:

turbo_equiped
06-30-2004, 11:00 PM
what exactly is it this?

Ashkente
06-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Yep, just remember that they only work end-on to the "Place Speedpass here" circle (so you don't look like a retard (ie: me :rofl: )

Ekliptix
06-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by turbo_equiped
what exactly is it this?

you can pay for gas at the pump by waving this little becon at the pump.

turbo_equiped
06-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix

you can pay for gas at the pump by waving this little becon at the pump.

just waving?
seriously or you just use this whenever you pay for gas like a credit card?

EK 2.0
06-30-2004, 11:05 PM

just waving?
seriously or you just use this whenever you pay for gas like a credit card?

it gets attached to your credit card...kinda like debit for gas...

turbo_equiped
06-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

ooo iccc!!
so like those canadian tire cards!!
yea that would be nice if you forget your credit card or something just leave this in your car and you good for gas.
lol...when Ekliptix said you "wave" this card...i took it literally..!!
lol

Ekliptix
06-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

I'm attaching mine to my keychain.;)

AquamosH
06-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Speedpass is great, especially since I don't have to pull out two cards (credit and esso extra).

Ekliptix
06-30-2004, 11:12 PM

ooo iccc!!
so like those canadian tire cards!!
yea that would be nice if you forget your credit card or something just leave this in your car and you good for gas.
lol...when Ekliptix said you "wave" this card...i took it literally..!!
lol

Yea, you just hold it up to the pump and it reads the little black thing. The funds are charged to your credit card account.

http://www.speedpass.ca/Canada-English/Products/Speedpass/im_Speedpass_550x104.jpg

EK 2.0
06-30-2004, 11:17 PM

I'm attaching mine to my keychain.;)

hahaha when I had mine (the novelty wore off quickly) I wore it aorund my neck for a week...:D

Skylinelover
06-30-2004, 11:23 PM
Hmm.. can you use it for things inside too? or is it just for gas...

BebeAphrodite
06-30-2004, 11:28 PM
I think it's just outside at the pump since it's the "speed pass" so you can jet pretty fast.. but who knows, I may be wrong. :confused: :dunno:

AquamosH
06-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover

Yeah, they have a reader inside too, so not just for gas.

EK 2.0
Originally posted by Skylinelover

I dunno, never been inside an Esso since I got my Speedpass:rofl:

benyl
I have had mine with shell (forget what it is called) for over a year now... It is so convienient!

Skylinelover
06-30-2004, 11:36 PM
I dunno, never been inside an Esso since I got my Speedpass

Lol.. Although I have seen a comercial for it where you go inside.. But it looks different than the one in that pic.:dunno:

Altezza
06-30-2004, 11:38 PM
I haven't used mine for like a year. The retards at Esso can't seem to get the right credit card number on my friggin pass. So I gave up and do the good old credit card with the Esso Extra card.

Akagi Redsuns
06-30-2004, 11:47 PM
Wierd. I really never had an issue with the amount of time and effort that it takes in putting my credit card into the reader and then out again. Maybe I am missing something??? :confused:

girlRACER
07-01-2004, 12:09 AM
I always pay inside at the till with debit. The speedpass can be used just for points alone so you don't have to carry the card around.

euro_racer
07-01-2004, 01:37 AM
i have one, it is not only convinient, but it allso gets you a discount on the gas prices:thumbsup: so u save $$$$$:thumbsup:

Ekliptix
07-01-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
Wierd. I really never had an issue with the amount of time and effort that it takes in putting my credit card into the reader and then out again. Maybe I am missing something??? :confused:

You also don't have to prepare your Esso Extra card.

For a while, there were some Essos that were offering 5c off per liter when using a speed pass.

Gonthro
07-01-2004, 08:06 AM

You also don't have to prepare your Esso Extra card.

For a while, there were some Essos that were offering 5c off per liter when using a speed pass.

they dont do that any more....

i use my speedpass all the time, its great, dont have to worry about remembering my points card or whatever... all you do is press it to the tiger and pump :drool: just whatever you do dontlet that thing leave your posession, since there is no pin or nayhting required anybody can use it, also you can use it for in store purchases, they have a little thing inside for that... agian no signature or anything required, so make sure you take it off if you ever lend out your car, or use a valet service.

(BTW the best/cheapest esso for gas is Mcknight n center because it is unmanned so you get $0.055 off instead of only $0.035 like most the other stations.)

benyl
07-01-2004, 11:36 AM
I wish they would get rid of the 3.5 cents off that all the stations offer. I mean the gas price is just inflated to take that into account. Any of the independant, or smaller franchise gas stations just display the correct price.

Idratherbsidewayz
07-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Petro pass pwnz j00!!!!1!!!!111

DarkDream
07-02-2004, 04:09 PM
so you just wave it???...... Theres no pin you have to enter at all??.....

So if you lost it there is no security to prevent others from using your pass???:dunno:

Gonthro
07-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by DarkDream
so you just wave it???...... Theres no pin you have to enter at all??.....

So if you lost it there is no security to prevent others from using your pass???:dunno:

nope... you can call and cancel it, but thats about it... there isn't much to stop someone from using your CC either,,, how hard is it to scribble a name 90% of the time they dont compare, and even if they are different they wont question it.

benyl
07-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Shell's is called easy pay... It takes care of both your credit card and Airmiles...

eb0i
07-02-2004, 05:35 PM
I just got it a month ago and the thing is great. So fast and convenient!