PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run

2K255HP
10-27-2002, 11:26 PM
Me and my family were travelling on deerfoot southbound just before 32nd we were hit from behind after moving to the middle lane.

My dad was driving and he said he saw a car fast approching so he moved to the middle but the guy still hit us, lost control of the car swerved from the middle lane to the emergency lane on the right with no one else hitting us

Witnesses that stopped said he went into the ditch but just drove off right after :thumbsdow

It was a green/blue Cavalier, we didnt' see the people that stopped for us told us that. They also said he was driving very fast and agressively.

But get this no damnage at all done to the Quest. We had a trailer hitch on and i suspect the Cavalier hit that because the trunk doesn't open as smoothly ne more its a little more tight so i'm guessing the frame got bent a bit....but seroiusly no visual damage to the car :dunno:

No one reported this guy in no one got his plates :banghead:

But i hope this guy gets caught...i'm just thankful my whole family walked away with just some aches here and there :thumbsup:

Slow down and take it to the tracks for the safety of others plz...

I really don't know how much damange is done to his car but witnesses said his headlight was smashed when he rammed us I dunno if you guys see a busted up green/blue Cavalier Z24 to what i was told
pm me

thanx

edit this accident occured at approx. 6:15pm on deerfoot a call to 911 was made on my phone at 6:18pm....

D'z Nutz
10-27-2002, 11:32 PM
You might want to include the time this occurred...

sexualbanana
10-27-2002, 11:33 PM
dude. that sux

szw
10-27-2002, 11:36 PM
Crazy...losing control on deerfoot would be scary...glad everyone got out unscathed.

I'll keep my camera with me and lookout for a busted up cav.

GTS Jeff
10-27-2002, 11:40 PM
HAH OF COURSE IT HAD TO BE ANOTHER BASTARD CAVALIER ASSHOLE!

i take it that u didnt get a plate, but i guess everyone should keep their eyes open for a green cavalier that has a dented in front end...

u guys should get the car checked out. if the frame is bent, it would be a good thing to know! u never know what sort of safety issues u will have once your frame is compromised...and if u try selling the quest later on, this frame damage might come back to bite u in the ass....either way, get it checked out and then let insurance take care of the rest.

a quick way u can check for frame damage at home is to measure and compare the distances between hte front and rear wheel..anything more than half an inch and u have problems for sure!

2K255HP
10-28-2002, 12:07 AM
The Cav hit us from behind so we couldn't get the plates, no one called in to report the guy so ya :(

my dad is going to bring the quest to check for damanges tomorrow

it was either green/blue again this is what the people who stopped to check on us and saw what happened told us

one of the two cars said the cav went into the ditch and thought he would stop but he just drove off after that....

i'm just thankful my family is safe my dad, mom and little sister

Stratus_Power
10-28-2002, 12:09 AM
maybe it was some kid who was driving their parents car. scared to get into accident AGAIN so took off.. grr..

finboy
10-28-2002, 12:11 AM
look for parts in the ditch, and keep an eye out at local body shops. likely he will be getting it fixed, sy keep an eye out.

if their are pieces in the ditch, it will be like putting a jig saw puzzle togeaterh if you find him.

good luck

2K255HP
10-28-2002, 12:52 AM
the thing is the emergency lanes on the left hand side aren't all that safe to stop u're car
i hope he will be stupid and goes into a body shop seriously

but well it would be nice if he got caught but the most important thing to me is just my family is safe :thumbsup:

szw
10-28-2002, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by finboy
look for parts in the ditch, and keep an eye out at local body shops. likely he will be getting it fixed, sy keep an eye out.

if their are pieces in the ditch, it will be like putting a jig saw puzzle togeaterh if you find him.

good luck

Sweet it'll be like...CSI: Beyond

haha anyways

You should put some ads out: FS: cavalier headlights/ bumper/fenders and meet with everyone who calls you!

2K255HP
10-28-2002, 10:00 AM
:rofl: :rofl:
CSI: Beyond :rofl: :thumbsup:

max_boost
10-28-2002, 10:08 AM
Sorry to hear, as I was driving my gf home yesterday, there was this new red neon flying down deerfoot at 200km/h, we watched this mofo weaving in and out of traffic almost causing a accident, people like that should die

glad that everyone is ok though!

T5_X
10-28-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
people like that should die

If they're always driving like that, they have a much higher chance of dying than the rest of us. I'd say it's just natural selection, but the sad thing is that they can take out some innocent ppl as well. :(

2K255HP
10-28-2002, 01:00 PM
Ya i know what u mean according the people who stopped and told us what happened the Cav was weaving in and out too...the people that stopped and saw what happened said the guy seriously looked like he was trying to hit people :dunno:

yes it is sad that they can take out innocent people as well

I just don't understand what is going through peoples mind when they are driving over 170km on deerfoot :rolleyes: They are public roads for god sakes

infamous
10-28-2002, 01:03 PM
well i am glad you and your family is ok...i will keep an eye out for a blue or green cav...

2K255HP
10-28-2002, 01:10 PM
:thumbsup:
Just some aches here and there but ya i'm also glad everyone is okay too

What really gets me is how so many cars that saw the Cav hit us just drove on by after not doing a thing about it

not checkin on us or ne thing
like they had somewhere else better then to check if people's lives are alright :banghead:

[GaGe]
10-28-2002, 04:32 PM
That sux dude. But glad you're all ok

cocoabrova
10-28-2002, 06:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but yeah, if I was one of the ppl that witnessed it, he would've gotten very far away:guns: :guns: I have and will continue to offer assistance to anyone that might need help on the road:angel: :thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
10-28-2002, 08:29 PM
Lots of people don't stop to help others in accidents anymore. When my old neighbor(we've moved twice since) died on 22X years ago the guy that hit him said he saw about 10-15 cars drive by without stopping.

And accidents on Deerfoot can be so bad. My next door neighbours got rear-ended on Deerfoot in their 02 330ix just over a month ago. Serious frame damage to their car, last I heard the total for their car was just over $15K.

I hope your family turns out okay, I know from past experiences aches and pains can be so much worse the next day.

Stratus_Power
10-28-2002, 09:14 PM
my mom was a bit more lucky last time, she was going on highway heading from Edmonton to banff, and accidently hit some sign/post or watever.. 3 trucks stopped immediately (sp?) and pulled her car out of the ditch for her..

drox
10-29-2002, 12:39 AM
If the cav hit you hard enough to spin you, I bet there is a lot more damage to his car :D deserves him right.

2K255HP
10-29-2002, 12:50 AM
well didn't really spin us
but the car started to swerve

like we got hit the quest just jumped forwards and control was lost

Ya definiety there are good people out there but just out of probably a possible 6-8 cars that could of stopped only 2 did :rolleyes:

The people who did stop said his bits of plastic flew upon contact with our car...

thanks for all the kind words guys
lol yes my neck is much more sore today...

infamous
10-29-2002, 03:13 AM
damn....we should start a city wide search for this guy...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ....but this time i'm not coordinating it! :thumbsup:

2K255HP
10-29-2002, 01:38 PM
*blah* i don't think thats necessary
I was just asking ppl to just keep a look out :) if they saw ne thing suspcious

I really don't know what he will do with the car
because if he does try to fix it in anyway hes just kinda well it wouldn't do him good
so is he going to trash the who car :dunno:

But again no one reported his plates and only if the damage done to his was enough to have him come out to a body shop to fix then ya i don't think we'll ever catch this guy

again first things first and my family is safe so :thumbsup: