PDA

View Full Version : Trouble starting car. Fuel?

danno
07-01-2004, 01:58 PM
hey guys, had a little trouble today starting the car. it turned over and started but turned off right away. then when i tried to restart it she would only turn over. so i figured that it would be fuel. i listened to the fuel pump and it didn't turn on.my girlfriend's dad took over form there testing it and he said it could be vapour lock he took off the gas tank lid and released pressure and i tried to start it and it started perfectly. so anyone no what that is? the fuel pump turns on now. would i have to replace it? thanks for the help. it's a crx with a b16 in side.

danno
07-02-2004, 08:35 PM
what is vapour lock?? how is it cured?? any ideas would be nice. ran fine all day, really wierd hey

///M3
07-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Vapor lock is the boiling of the gasonline, and the fuel pump cant suck up a gas. It happens with excessive heat, and it doesnt happen off cold starts. So it wasnt vapor lock, you might need a new fuel filter. do you run on empty alot? cuz that gets the filter dirty.

danno
07-03-2004, 04:40 PM
yeah i run close to empty often. i went to the shop that installed my engine and they said to get a new ground kit for the car. seems like a wierd way to fix the problem, but it could be right, i bought some injector cleaner that i'm going to put in today. i don't understand why releasing the pressure in the gas cap let the pump work again. when i turned the key before opening the gas cap, the pump wouldn't turn on. thanks for help