PDA

View Full Version : WTB: mk2 (1985-1992) Golf/GTI/Jetta

OK_Computer
07-01-2004, 03:42 PM
I've been looking for other cars, but I cannot escape my outrageous love for this car, it's the only car I'll drive. Looking for an mk2 (preferably newer) Volkswagen Golf/GTI/Jetta (preferably Golf/GTI). Must be in very good condition, or easily repairable condition. No 8v or g60. Preferably no engine mods, Cosmetic mods are ok, but I'll need pics. Paint must look nice, etc, just a very good condition car.

Post price/pics/specs/info here.,

Thanks.

:)

edit: price is not a factor

OK_Computer
07-02-2004, 12:08 AM
bumpz0r.

OK_Computer
07-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by OK_Computer
bumpz0r.

VWFO'LIFE
07-02-2004, 10:27 PM
You should probably be specific about the engine,for example.... "must have a 16 valve".........go to www.clubveedub.com there should be a couple of 16 valve MK2's for sale there.....
i personally dunno why u want a 16 valve, they're a pain in the ass ...and expensive to fix.........unless u know how to fix them yerself.........my 2 cents..........not to mention those aluminum trannies that don't come cheap and screw up all the time......about 2 g's a pop.......not installed...........

OK_Computer
07-02-2004, 10:50 PM
I was as specific as I wanted to be, I said no 8v or g60, leaving 16v, vr6, whatever the hell else someone might have squeezed into their mk2. And they don't "screw up all the time" if they're well maintained.

Ben
07-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by VWFO'LIFE
You should probably be specific about the engine,for example.... "must have a 16 valve".........go to www.clubveedub.com there should be a couple of 16 valve MK2's for sale there.....
i personally dunno why u want a 16 valve, they're a pain in the ass ...and expensive to fix.........unless u know how to fix them yerself.........my 2 cents..........not to mention those aluminum trannies that don't come cheap and screw up all the time......about 2 g's a pop.......not installed...........

hahahah, dude, dont post if you dont know what you're talking about.

16V is way more tunable than any 8V for the money, that and they have a lot more hp right of the bat (134 vs 100). Unless you Turbo the 8v, they're a waste to build up. 16V's can get 160hp easily with some minor work. Far more desirable motor, and way better for resale. 8v's are a dime a dozen

I have a Built 2.0L 16v (runs 15.6 in the 1/4) and the motor has been extremely reliable. Have a set of agressive cams, chip, ported manifold, race header, full exhaust, and some head work, revs extremely well and has great usable power. The only finicky stuff on the 16V's are the idle stabilizer valves. They like to go bad and give you the nice hunting idle.

As for trannies, they are easy to find. Yes the 16V 2Y trannies are not cheap, (anywhere from 650-1200 used/rebuilt) but hardly the 2000 you quoted (new from VW the 2Y 16V tranny is 3300USD, but I mean the only way you'll pay 20 for it used is if you get ripped off). You can also use the 9a from the 8v's if you so wish, giving you a slightly longer 5th gear. Only thing you have to keep is your 16V pressure plate. Used 8v 9a trannies are like 1-200 bucks. so life aint bad when they die.

Bottom line, if you keep care of your car with proper maintenance, you wont have a problem.

I will have my car up for sale soon. I've decided I'm gonna fix it up before I sell it. had a delay in the car I'm looking at anyhow.

OK_Computer
07-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Yeah Ben I read your post.. have any close ups of the rust you mentioned? Otherwise it is a pretty darn nice car :) email me at [email protected], or just interact through PM :)

OK_Computer
07-02-2004, 11:19 PM
I'm not in a huge hurry either, so go ahead and fix up ;)

Ben
07-02-2004, 11:22 PM
there wont be any when I'm done so dont worry about it.

OK_Computer
07-02-2004, 11:23 PM
I know you've got a gigantic gallery, how many are of your own car? Any chance I can see em all?

OK_Computer
07-03-2004, 12:03 AM
If possible I'd also like to know your plan for it :)

Thanks again.:thumbsup:

Ben
07-03-2004, 12:50 AM
Nah, I'm not in any hurry to get my car sold now. you've used up a lot of my time in the past on this hahaha, so you're gonna have to sit tight. I dont have any recent pics of my car or the rust. It's been parked for quite some time. I'm not around this coming week either, and after that I plan on fixing things slowly but surely for a sale date sometime In August I guess...may end up keeping it and having 2 cars, so we'll see.

Originally posted by TalonVelocity
yeah ben but I want a pretty well perfect condition car, yours has a bit of rust and that o2 sensor thing..

OK_Computer
07-03-2004, 01:02 AM
alright, keep me posted :)

OK_Computer
07-04-2004, 11:31 AM
up.

OK_Computer
07-05-2004, 01:14 AM
.pu

OK_Computer
07-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Fitter. Happier. More Productive. Not Drinking Too Much. Bump.

itsnotaDUB
07-05-2004, 07:54 PM
91' 16v but its really expencive let me know if interested mint condition with no rust on 17's

OK_Computer
07-05-2004, 10:26 PM
dub, check your PMs :)

OK_Computer
07-06-2004, 12:29 PM
bump for itsnotaDUB

OK_Computer
07-13-2004, 08:04 PM
we're takin this one to the moooooonnnnn!!!!!!!!

OK_Computer
07-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Theres gotta be someone out there with an mk2, selling not being a plan right now, but would sell for the right price, just post pics and I'll make an offer, I need one before school :)
B
U
M
P
!

Kid_a
07-17-2004, 08:01 PM
bump

Kid_a
07-17-2004, 11:38 PM
do it for the creepy drawings in my sigs! (aka bump!)

Kid_a
07-18-2004, 01:29 PM
:poosie: :drool:
B U M P ! !

shay
07-18-2004, 01:39 PM
hey ben this guys wasting your time he semed to be intrested in mine but 12 is to much for it i guess and dont let him know what your car runs in the 1/4 mile cause thats driveing it hard i told him that and he got all pissie with me ben u have seen my car and i have all the stuff u have done to your bascaly and he didnt even want my car mabey he will bye yours but dont get your hopes up.

Kid_a
07-18-2004, 01:53 PM
Ok man, all I commented on is that in 2 emails, one after another you TOTALLY contradicted yourself. Your first email read "Ya man its fast I race my friends and they have 1.8T's and stuff" and then the next email you said "It has always been totally babied". All I said was that racing is not babying IMO.

And don't act like we had finalized a deal and stuff. We emailed back and forth for one single day. I asked for info and pics and such. I asked how long you had owned it, all that kinda stuff, the necessary information. After I found out that yours has been in a minor collision (Do I go into your threads telling this info trying to ruin your chances of selling? NO) at least once or twice, I decided that 12G was too much to ask, I wasnt being unreasonable or anything, this is word for word what I said:

"Alright man, it sounds like an incredible car, but I can get mint
vr6's for that price so it's just not worth it. Good luck selling,
and if the price ever comes down, you have my e-mail.

Good Luck"

There is nothing hostile about that IMO... Everything I said you thought I was trying to put your car down:

I asked him "are those blemished in the paint, or reflections" He answered: "yeah! WHY u dont belive me trust me man the paint looks new look at the big pic its clouds in the paint honlestly i would not lie the car could be in a showroom but if u dont belive it fine."

Point being: he's obvioiusly not a good judge of tone over the internet, and I think its quite unfair to be posting in my WTB thread, when the accusations arent even accurate. As it says in the rules, take it to PM, and if Ben is worried, he won't sell it to me, but if he does in fact put it up for sale, and I make the drive down to Calgary, he'll know Im not BS'ing and your post will have no impact on anything. Thats for trying to ruin my WTB thread :thumbsup:

Kid_a
07-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by shay
hey ben this guys wasting your time he semed to be intrested in mine but 12 is to much for it i guess and dont let him know what your car runs in the 1/4 mile cause thats driveing it hard i told him that and he got all pissie with me ben u have seen my car and i have all the stuff u have done to your bascaly and he didnt even want my car mabey he will bye yours but dont get your hopes up.

"hey ben this guys wasting your time he semed to be intrested in mine but 12 is to much for it"

exactly, I was interested, but only if I could get the price down to 10G, I asked, you declined, I said it was to much, not a big deal.

"dont let him know what your car runs in the 1/4 mile cause thats driveing it hard i told him that and he got all pissie with me "

no, I know Ben's has run 1/4 miles and such. If a car has been "racing", the price is adjusted accordingly. If a car is 12G, especially an mk2 golf that has been in a minor collision, I would expect it to be 100% babied.

"ben u have seen my car and i have all the stuff u have done to your bascaly and he didnt even want my car"

Throught my emails I called your car beautiful, incredicle, amazing, I dont think thats anything negative towards your car from me :rolleyes:

shay
07-18-2004, 02:23 PM
man i could sit hear and argue back and forth thats your side im not going to wright a 2 page story on my side of the story so anyway sorry ok man sorry hoipe u find something u want ben has a nice car good luck with that one and hey again if u are ever intrested when u come down to calgary u know my e mail and im on hear so let me know cause like i said u need to see my car befor u think 12 is to much anywya mabey ther are beter deals out ther hope u find one cause u have been weighting long enough ther nice cars and im sure no matter what one u end up geting it should/ will be sweet cause i love thim too.
oh and ps my little minor colistion is nothing thats like calling a door ding a acident but no worrys its fixed now. good luck again with finding a ride later.

Kid_a
07-19-2004, 09:11 AM
GoGo Gadget Thread! BOING!

franky73
07-19-2004, 09:34 AM
Check out my 91 Golf (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52368). Car is in Great shape.

maximus
07-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by shay

You can't blame him for declining. $12,000 is way too much. I mean they are really nice cars and all, but they are not gold.

kid_a my bro has a 92 montana green in almost perfect shape. He may be looking to sell for a BMW and I'm sure it will be way less then $12,000. I'll let you know.

maximus
07-19-2004, 11:11 PM
Heres my bros.
Bought it off the original owner recently. 92 2.0L 16v. O rust. Never been in an accident. All original panels with vins etc. I think only one dent on drivers door (minor). Everything is OE including the BBS and even the Hella 4 lights and fogs (no cracks). Mint Recaros. Only 150,000 kms always driven by an older lady. PM me for more pics and details.

http://www.ucalgary.ca/~mborrell/16vg.JPG

Kid_a
07-19-2004, 11:19 PM
you've got PM.

Kid_a
07-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Found. See Sig

:closed: