PDA

View Full Version : Water Bottles? Nalgene?

Shaolin
07-02-2004, 08:48 AM
anyone know anywhere in the NE that sells Nalgene bottles? or water bottles of that sort? Preferably by Sunridge/Marlborough so I can go at lunch time?

QuasarCav
07-02-2004, 09:29 AM
right close to you!!

the sportchek in sunridge mall has them in all sorts of colors.

Gonthro
07-02-2004, 09:59 AM
yeah sportchek has tons of different types/sizes/colours...

sputnik
07-02-2004, 10:07 AM
i bought my nalgene bottle at superstore for $7

bigboom
07-02-2004, 10:47 AM
wow everyone sells nalgene now?

i remember way back in the day the only place i could get mine was MEC

PhenomSE
07-02-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
wow everyone sells nalgene now?

i remember way back in the day the only place i could get mine was MEC

:werd: Same here!

Shaolin
07-02-2004, 01:54 PM
thanx guys, picked it up at lunch.. going hiking/camping for the weekend and forgot to get a water bottle :thumbsup:

ramminghard
07-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Warning: Do not get bug spray on these bottles. The bug spray will smear the ink on the bottle. Even if the spray is on your arm and the bottle rubs against it it will smear.

Other than that i have been very happy with mine.

huss
07-04-2004, 01:24 PM
yea thanks i neede one too....saw it at superstore once but when i went and checked it wasnt there....ill go pik one up from sportchek

CelicaST-162
07-04-2004, 11:42 PM
Whats the deal with these Nalgene water bottles? I see them everywhere!!!!...............going to get one tommorow also:thumbsup:

Strider
07-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162
Whats the deal with these Nalgene water bottles? I see them everywhere!!!!...............going to get one tommorow also:thumbsup:

they're fairly cheap, don't absorb flavor/smell, pretty much unbreakable....

OK_Computer
07-05-2004, 10:26 AM
a water bottle is a water bottle...

Gonthro
07-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by OK_Computer

yes, because i just LOVE the taste of plastic or wax that some bottles give off.

bigboom
07-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by OK_Computer

until you have used a nalgene water bottle that is what you will think. go pick one up and tell me its not better than any old regular water bottle.

on the west coast trail i had two of these and i told myself i will never use another type of water bottle.

Shaolin
07-05-2004, 12:01 PM
It was either buying a Nalgene type water bottle or bring my ghetto soccer water bottle to a hike.. hmm, not hard to figure that one out.. only problem I had with the Nalgene was I had to open the top in order to drink it.. other than that, I'm glad I bought a Nalgene to the hike.

lam-boy
07-05-2004, 12:39 PM
what exactly is a nalgene? specially formatted water bottle designed for hiking only?

BigTruckDriver
07-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

until you have used a nalgene water bottle that is what you will think. go pick one up and tell me its not better than any old regular water bottle.

on the west coast trail i had two of these and i told myself i will never use another type of water bottle.

i brought 2 along for the west coast trail as well... you really can't go wrong. we had an MSR water filter, which has the exact same top fitting as the nalgenes, so you just screw it right on, and pump from the creeks. didnt have to transfer water or anything; it was great.

they are incredibly strong and durable as well. i watched my 200 lb friend stand on his like 2 days ago, no problem didn't break or nothing.

they are quite the trend at mt royal and U of C
ppl love to do what i call "ricing out" their nalgenes. stickers all over, lol, so trendy.

anyway
good bottle. get one if you dont have one (and if you must rice it out, go easy lol)

bigboom
07-05-2004, 03:36 PM
now as great as theya re, the build quality has gone down from when they first came out. they are a lot thinner now. but yeah great bottle :)

B17a
07-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy
what exactly is a nalgene? specially formatted water bottle designed for hiking only?

It's a brand of water bottle, normally clear with a blue cap, you used to see only granolas carrying it around strapped to their backpacks (lots at the UofC), but now everyone has one. I think I have 2 or 3 at home. They're a very good water bottle that doesn't absorb tastes from previous liquids. ie. you could probably take a piss in one, let it fester in the sun for a few days, rince it out and fill it with water and be none the wiser! Just take my word for it, unless you really want to test that out!:D

bigboom
07-05-2004, 05:09 PM
yeah its made out of lexan...

RAXX
07-05-2004, 06:37 PM
http://www.organicconsumers.org/Toxic/nalgene.cfm

bigboom
07-05-2004, 07:33 PM
freaky...

Beni
07-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Strider

they're fairly cheap, don't absorb flavor/smell, pretty much unbreakable....

haha yah pretty much....ive know 3 people that have broken their bottles...one was on puropse becuase he threw it off of a 3 story building hoping it would break....but the other two just dropped theirs and they broke..other then that they are really good bottles!!!