PDA

View Full Version : Trips to Vegas

Ben
07-02-2004, 11:10 AM
I would like some information from those of you who travel to Vegas often.

Planning to go for New Years, and everywhere you look there are all sorts of "All Inclusive" things where flight, hotel and all that is included.

Does anyone know any NO BS solid ways to go that is the best Bang Per Buck? Would like to stay in one of the mainstream hotels, not a beater a few blocks off the "Strip"

Luxor, Bellagio, Mirage, Venetian, Mandalay Bay, Montecarlo, NY Ny, MGM Grand, Stratosphere.

I've already been to the Mirage, would stay again, however if anyone else has any other recommendations PLMK.

Would like to keep the cost of Flight/hotel under 1000 or so...doable?

eb0i
07-02-2004, 11:37 AM
last new years I had booked a room at the paris hotel for new years for two nights (a year in advance). A night before I was to arrive in vegas, they called me and said they don't do 2 night bookings and only do 3 night bookings and that the price per night was going to be $100 more per night. Fawkers.

E36M3
07-02-2004, 11:43 AM
My two favorites are the Venetian and Mandalay Bay. One way to get cheap hotels is Priceline.com, but I'm not sure what would happen on a night as busy as New Years Eve.. I would definitely check hotels.com and all the obvious travel sites (expedia.ca, etc.) as well as checking with the hotel websites directly.

Mandalay Bay is the most underrated hotel on the strip in my opinion.

If price isn't as big of an issue, the Hard Rock Cafe is probably the most fun place to stay.

Ben
07-02-2004, 11:54 AM
I'm not huge into Gambling, I mean I like it, but It's not priority one. I just wanna experience the nightlife as an Adult (last time I was there I was 19.)

I also want to check out a lot of stores and possibly play a round of Golf.

for 1000 I'm just looking for the Hotel/Flight...fun flow is on top of that.

rage2
07-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
My two favorites are the Venetian and Mandalay Bay.
Venetian is the place to be if you're planning on going during the January timeframe :poosie:. Jan 6th to be exact for 2005 haha.

As for cheap hotels, the only way is gamble a lot. I go with my dad yearly, and he gets comped on the rooms as well as many meals. He gambles a lot heh.

sexualbanana
07-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by rage2
As for cheap hotels, the only way is gamble a lot. I go with my dad yearly, and he gets comped on the rooms as well as many meals. He gambles a lot heh.

Yeah, if I ever go to Vegas, I wanna save up a ton of cash so I can blow it all gambling and living the high roller life. It'll be a huge hit to my bank account, but it'll be fun.

rage2
07-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Yeah, if I ever go to Vegas, I wanna save up a ton of cash so I can blow it all gambling and living the high roller life. It'll be a huge hit to my bank account, but it'll be fun.
Bling Bling! :rofl:

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/blingbling.jpg

GSR Zero
07-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Just got back from Vegas and stayed at Luxor. Ended up being $69 USD a night from Sunday - Thursday. Friday and Saturday nights were prime nights I guess so its double the price. I tried checking a few of those all inclusive packages but I found the booking a separate flight and hotel the easiests and by far the most flexible. I'd suggest checking out the hotel websites. Some decent prices may be found.

sexualbanana
07-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Bling Bling! :rofl:

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/blingbling.jpg

NICE!

benyl
07-02-2004, 04:03 PM
try vegas.com

They offer packages through America West. Shitty little planes, but the package is pretty cheap.

I think around New Years it is going to be tough to find a deal.