PDA

View Full Version : I hate construction

custommx
07-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Just to throw out a little warning. Going west on crowchild right before mcmahon stadium there's about 1000 sewer caps that aren't exactly flush with the rest of the road so if your driving a low car like i do your not gonna wanna be in the left lane..I smacked my turbo collector pipe on them and it smashed out my exhaust manifold bolts and gasket. so now my car sounds like a helicopter

QuasarCav
07-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Yikes, how low is your car.

Akagi Redsuns
07-02-2004, 02:59 PM
Holy crap!!! Brutal!

custommx
07-02-2004, 03:04 PM
yA and now i have to special order the three bolts and gasket in from Mazda

GSR Zero
07-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Man that sucks. Thanks for the heads up. BTW sweet ride

BigMass
07-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Why the hell dont they just strip the road when they're actually ready to pave it instead of stripping it then waiting 100 years before they get around to doing anything? Is that such a hard concept to plan out?

Crowchild is brutal to drive on now unless you're driving a big truck. Sports car with alloys and low profile tires? Forget about it. Damned Calgary roads

civicrider
07-02-2004, 08:59 PM
yup happened to me but it ripped off my fucking front end :guns: :guns:

Seanith
07-02-2004, 10:52 PM
That road has been like that for several weeks. Thanks for the "heads up" lol. I always swerve around the man holes and crap, i can never know for sure how low my car is.

bighead2267
07-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Calgary civil Engineer is sucks............dummy. i really have no idea how they pave the road. i found they don't really use their brain(may be it's located at the ass. who kinows)

bighead2267
07-03-2004, 10:46 AM
don't even mention your car is lower. just a normal car, i'm sure if u go on those like speed bump edge everyday, your rims is gonna bend(no matter how mineral).

i feel my car is about to falling apart eventually. hope they gonna fix that shit asap............

Roadrage
07-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by bighead2267
Calgary civil Engineer is sucks............dummy. i really have no idea how they pave the road. i found they don't really use their brain(may be it's located at the ass. who kinows)

It's because most of the civies graduated from the UofA :rofl:

turbo_equiped
07-03-2004, 11:01 AM
man that is such bullshit!!
government should pay for this kinda crap!

EK 2.0
07-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by turbo_equiped
man that is such bullshit!!
government should pay for this kinda crap!

Not to defend the City...or hate on ppl who mod the cars they drive...

But yes, the City SHOULD pay for the fact we run 3.5 inch Downpipes, and front lips/kits that barely come off the gorund then the car is sitting (let alone when the suspension is moving), 4000 Dollar Wheels and Lo Pro Tires, Farcans that rub over curbs and speedbumps...:rolleyes:

Get real, WE choose to mod OUR cars, and WE should be prepared for addtional costs that WE may encounter for doing so...whether that's a blown clutch from 5 extra psi of boost, OR a scraped Lower I/C Pipe from the street...Yes take MY taxes and buy yourself a Mugen Front end ok??:rolleyes:

sabad66
07-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

But yes, the City SHOULD pay for the fact we run 3.5 inch Downpipes, and front lips/kits that barely come off the gorund then the car is sitting (let alone when the suspension is moving), 4000 Dollar Wheels and Lo Pro Tires, Farcans that rub over curbs and speedbumps...:rolleyes:

Get real, WE choose to mod OUR cars, and WE should be prepared for addtional costs that WE may encounter for doing so...whether that's a blown clutch from 5 extra psi of boost, OR a scraped Lower I/C Pipe from the street...Yes take MY taxes and buy yourself a Mugen Front end ok??:rolleyes:

:werd:

ZorroAMG
07-03-2004, 12:41 PM
Werd squared.

sexualbanana
07-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by sabad66

:werd:

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Werd squared.

:werd: cubed

turbo_equiped
07-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

no
i didnt mean it like that!
all i was saying was even if the cars arent modded these kinda glitches in construction can be really dangerous sometimes. i mean i dont drive a moded car but still i would say like error in construction is city's fault and not of any guy whos driving a moded car or not.

fast95pony
07-03-2004, 01:29 PM
I was on Crowchild today too. Why do they scrape the road and then leave it ?? Morons ! Those manhole covers are pretty high.There's no warnings either.

There again , Calgary has one of the worst roads systems in Canada , so I guess I shouldn't be suprised...:rolleyes:

Lennon
07-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
There again , Calgary has one of the worst roads systems in Canada , so I guess I shouldn't be suprised...:rolleyes:

Hahaha, I'd like to see you drive a day around in Toronto.

fast95pony
07-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Lennon

Hahaha, I'd like to see you drive a day around in Toronto.

I drove in Toronto for over 10 years..
The DVP was bad , but at least the intersections on/off the major highways made sense , and had decent merge lanes.
Why does the Deerfoot have totally different on/off ramps at EACH intersection ?? Useless City Planners , that's why...

Lennon
07-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony

I drove in Toronto for over 10 years..
The DVP was bad , but at least the intersections on/off the major highways made sense , and had decent merge lanes.
Why does the Deerfoot have totally different on/off ramps at EACH intersection ?? Useless City Planners , that's why...

I was refering to the construstion aspect... have you seen it lately? Not even lately... just always... construction is the worst there.

fast95pony
07-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Ahh construction.. I agree with that. Toronto will be a nice city...when it's finnished.

Chris88CL
07-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Usually if theres no warnings and you complain to the city about damages that occured to your vehicle, they HAVE to pay. If theres any warning signs that theres high manhole covers or bumps ahead your screwed though.
Modded cars or not, its their responsibility to atleast let us know so we can slow down or dodge stuff.

Orbie
07-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Yeah Crowchild is a mess right now, but I'm just looking forward to when it gets nicely paved like Crowchild southbound by the University. Fresh paved roads are great to drive on. I know what you mean about the damage that those stripped roads can cause though. I have a modded car and the suspension gets completely thrashed by the bumps, I can usually avoid the manhole covers, but when the stripped road meets the level of the paved road I always feel like the bump can bend my rims or blow out my tires. Normally you can go slow in areas like that to avoid the harsh ride and possible damage, but no one on crowchild drives slow, so your forced to drive fast and hit those bumps at a relatively high speed, which makes the situation much worse.

My car isn't even as low as some of the modded cars I've seen in Calgary, but IMO if your lowering it past the point that going over speed bumps, parking lots or overall drivability in the city will cause damage, it's really your own fault.

custommx
07-05-2004, 12:08 AM
I thought my post was pretty clear that I wasn't bitching about the city being the cause of my damage... I understand the risks that come with a lowered car. I was simply warning others because the city of calgary certainly didn't warn me the first time i drove through.

heavyD
07-05-2004, 07:50 AM
Why do they strip the road and leave it with manhole covers protruding 3" for three weeks or more? Why do they heavily gravel the streets when we get 0.001 mm snow or alot of rain? Why are some of the lights in the city's major roads/intersections timed so that you hit every light "red"? Why does every major road construction project take months longer than planned and thousands of $ over budget? There is a good old boys club running the roads department that doesn't have a clue compared to other cities. Even Edmonton does a better job!!!

dkny_stylez
07-05-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
Even Edmonton does a better job!!!

I don't think so, the roads here are terrible, construction is all over the place as well....I hate how they leave gravel/rocks all over the road!