PDA

View Full Version : Pick your Part gone down the toilet?

CelicaST-162
07-02-2004, 07:58 PM
Ever since Pick Your Part got new owners, it seems like it's gone to shit. I mean if you look in every aisle there's parts strewn everywhere! In the middle of the import sections there fords????wtf. They put all the SUVS and minvans in their own section, which took me a while to find. Now they make you sign a waiver everytime you go into the lot? Unescessary B.S if you ask me!

Davetronz
07-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Liability, obviously some tard got hurt in there and tried to sue, or sued (maybe why there are new owners) hence the change in policy.

The place was always pretty messy with parts strewn about, however they pretty much always had everything in the right section.

Its a junk yard, its not supposed to look like Tiffanys...

CelicaST-162
07-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by FastDak318
Liability, obviously some tard got hurt in there and tried to sue, or sued (maybe why there are new owners) hence the change in policy.

The place was always pretty messy with parts strewn about, however they pretty much always had everything in the right section.

Its a junk yard, its not supposed to look like Tiffanys...

I know what you mean, but before it was actually organized! I guess the usuals that go there would notice...

Ben
07-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Pick your Part blows, absolutly NOTHING for any of the performance models.

finboy
07-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Pick your Part blows, absolutly NOTHING for any of the performance models.

oh i wouldn't say that ;)

but it has gone down the crapper, the imports and dodge are getting moved further and further back as the ford and truck section take up more room. you can't buy a complete top end of a motor for $40 anymore, you have to buy the head, and both manifolds. the worst part is there are no longer refunds, only store credit, so if you buy a wheel with a tire on it, and try to return the tire, you get no money.

its all becasue pick your part was bought out by a company in the states, if you look at the stamp they give you at the door, it says "pick and pull"

Gonthro
07-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by finboy
so if you buy a wheel with a tire on it, and try to return the tire, you get no money.

thats why i always bring a knife with me, if the tire is no good they wont charge you for it. ;) ;)

Seanith
07-02-2004, 10:55 PM
I think the whole idea of people that don't know what they are doing going around picking away at cars is why it sucks so much ass. I would hate to see how many parts would be rendered useless if they had any cars that were worthwhile.

AllGoNoShow
07-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Went there a little while ago and must admit, shit is everywhere and the sections are very messed up now. I wonder if enough people were to call in and complain about some of these issues and know that they are loosing business if they would do anyting about it.

phat97yukon
07-03-2004, 12:47 AM
SCREW PYP NOW ..... every time ive been there latly its a clusterfuck, everything scattered everywhere.. having to sign in too and there is always a line too for that, and having to get your hand stamped like your at some trendy bar.... and also now the prices too and the list prices are fawked up.... me and my buddy had a run in 2 weeks ago over a set of aluminum wheels... they were 16' or bigger and the listed price was like 25 bucks with rubber... but they dont inform ya on the list of rims that aluminum is 15 bucks more a rim, but i guess its posted under aluminum not under rims with everything else.. why not put it in " " next to it to inform ya a lil better.... thats my 2 cents about them now, i think the only thing that place has goin for it now is papa joes hotdogs..

:thumbsup: BUCKS AUTO all the way now :thumbsup:

finboy
07-03-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by whitetrash101
SCREW PYP NOW ..... every time ive been there latly its a clusterfuck, everything scattered everywhere.. having to sign in too and there is always a line too for that, and having to get your hand stamped like your at some trendy bar.... and also now the prices too and the list prices are fawked up.... me and my buddy had a run in 2 weeks ago over a set of aluminum wheels... they were 16' or bigger and the listed price was like 25 bucks with rubber... but they dont inform ya on the list of rims that aluminum is 15 bucks more a rim, but i guess its posted under aluminum not under rims with everything else.. why not put it in " " next to it to inform ya a lil better.... thats my 2 cents about them now, i think the only thing that place has goin for it now is papa joes hotdogs..

:thumbsup: BUCKS AUTO all the way now :thumbsup:

bucks isn't much better, there are lakes everywhere, the cars fall over all the time, and half the cars are burried in mud

phat97yukon
07-03-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by finboy

bucks isn't much better, there are lakes everywhere, the cars fall over all the time, and half the cars are burried in mud

But atlest they will pull a rear end outta a truck for ya for a few extra bucks, just gotta pick the right time to avoid the lakes... but i agree with that too tho clean up the yard at bucks and it would be alot better

hjr
07-03-2004, 01:42 AM
pick your part really is not longer in the business of selling used parts off of scrap cars. the company that bought them is a huge steel recycler. they take scrap cars (from their yards across western canada and USA) and send them to china to be melted down. they make lots of money.

GorG
07-03-2004, 02:50 AM
^^^^^
What when this change go down, last time i was there couldn’t be more then 3 months ago!!! Fucking waivers to get in, when did this bullshit come in to play, that’s fucking retarded!!! I remember the good old times at pick your part when there was no bullshit like waivers and such. Just wondering what does it say on the waivers, and were are other yards located, I always thought that pick your part was the only one.

Weapon_R
07-03-2004, 04:27 AM
Big downgrade in the quality of service and product there. I noticed it too, and so have a lot of customers.

Ashkente
07-03-2004, 04:56 AM
Where is Bucks Auto? And know if they have any oldass Corollas? :) (Like 80-83ish)

Gonthro
07-03-2004, 07:12 AM
1 thing i noticed about the new pyp is they have WAY more fresh vehicles now.

davidI
07-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Ashkente
Where is Bucks Auto? And know if they have any oldass Corollas? :) (Like 80-83ish)

It's off of Deerfoot and Glenmore kind of but a bit of a pain in the ass to find. You have to turn off Deerfoot into the large complex where Costco is and go under Glenmore then get on 11st. I think it is 11th atleast. I don't know any of the exact street names but this gives you a general idea. Bucks doesn't have as many cars, atleast I don't think it does.