PDA

View Full Version : DEERfoot

GQNammer
07-03-2004, 07:53 PM
I was heading northbound on deerfoot from 130ave at about 12:45 am last night. Was really dark out due to a couple street lamps that weren't on (or burnt out). I was driving in the left lane with someone else driving behind me. The car that was driving behind me had bright lights on so I had to adjust my rear view mirror. Once I had adjusted my mirror, I looked forward and I swear, a fucking deer was in front of me by about 15 feet. It just stood there wanting me to hit it but i swerved to the right, then to the left, then to the right again, and next thing you know i'm driving straight on the right lane. Dude who was driving behind me swerved also, and I hope he was okay. Anyone else have this shit happen when a god damn deer is right in front of you on deerfoot?

Rockski
07-03-2004, 07:55 PM
happened to me once last year only it was out by deerfoot mall heading northbound, realisticaly it was closer to city limits...

A_3
07-03-2004, 08:24 PM
I live in springbank, hitting deer and near misses are part of life out here! I can think of one time when i missed a deer by no more then 3 inches and another where i went inbetween two deer at a speed of around 130kph... buddy in the seat next to me was in shock, we thought we were done. Just gotta be alert at all times, those little f&%$ers like to jump out right when you are changing the cd or picking up your cell phone.

Altezza
07-03-2004, 09:36 PM
A former coworker of mine had a moose hit him and a deer land on his hood in the same week. :nut:

lam-boy
07-03-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by A_3
I live in springbank, hitting deer and near misses are part of life out here! I can think of one time when i missed a deer by no more then 3 inches and another where i went inbetween two deer at a speed of around 130kph... buddy in the seat next to me was in shock, we thought we were done. Just gotta be alert at all times, those little f&%$ers like to jump out right when you are changing the cd or picking up your cell phone.

thats your problem right there...changing cds going 130kph
picking up your cell phone..

turbo_equiped
07-03-2004, 10:41 PM
that is like so dangerous!
could like kill a person man!

A_3
07-03-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

thats your problem right there...changing cds going 130kph
picking up your cell phone..

Sorry let me clear that up, the time i was doing 130 was during my young punk days trying to be all cool etc... we all had those days. I ended up paying for it in a large ticket, probably not as dearly as i deserved, but i got lucky and learned my lesson. I do drive the speed limit very consistently now, i live in an area highly police laden so I try and stay within 10km's of the limit. I was just saying that the deer always jump out when you are changing cd's or picking up the cell phone... the time you take your eyes off the road for a second... who here can say they are not guilty of those things even if they are primarily cautious drivers? I appologize for how that came out, my point got blurred!

Skylinelover
07-03-2004, 11:23 PM
So cocain does make you see things...

ryder_23
07-04-2004, 01:26 AM
^
WTF does that have to do with this thread? cocain makes you post stupid shit like that.....

eb0i
07-04-2004, 01:45 AM
cocaine is a helluva drug!

Dope Dealer
07-04-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by eb0i
cocaine is a helluva drug!

Hahaah, I was just about to post that comment :nut:

LittleAngel
07-04-2004, 10:42 AM
i was driving on deerfoot once right by southland, and thre was a dead deer on the middle lane, but it was at night, so of course i almost hit it, so i called the 266-1234 to tell them there was a deer and they should move it right away before someone hits it.

Mckenzie
07-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by LittleAngel
i was driving on deerfoot once right by southland, and thre was a dead deer on the middle lane, but it was at night, so of course i almost hit it, so i called the 266-1234 to tell them there was a deer and they should move it right away before someone hits it.

And let me guess....they told you that there are many dead deer on Deerfoot and that they can't scrape them all up....:rolleyes:

I called those fuckers about 5 deer on the side of crowchild trail near the University and the chick cop on the phone gave me so much attitude and basically told me that they didn;t really care if they were to cause traffic problems.

But thats crazy....I drove my GF home at about 1:45 and no deer for me. I guess I will have to watch out next time I go through there because I have never seen a deer on DEERfoot.

OK_Computer
07-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Once I saw a brontosaurus on BRONTOSAURUSfoot.

I swear

LittleAngel
07-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie

And let me guess....they told you that there are many dead deer on Deerfoot and that they can't scrape them all up....:rolleyes:

I called those fuckers about 5 deer on the side of crowchild trail near the University and the chick cop on the phone gave me so much attitude and basically told me that they didn;t really care if they were to cause traffic problems.

But thats crazy....I drove my GF home at about 1:45 and no deer for me. I guess I will have to watch out next time I go through there because I have never seen a deer on DEERfoot.

hahah who knows, they just said ok thanks LOL. they probably took like 4 hours move it

kiwi
07-04-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by OK_Computer
Once I saw a brontosaurus on BRONTOSAURUSfoot.

I swear

:rofl:

but holy smokes, hitting a deer on DEERfoot would not be good at all! Why are they so dumb? Don't they get frightened of big objects w/ bright lights coming towards them? Or are they so scared they can't move their muscles?!?

brandon
07-05-2004, 12:23 AM
i drive that road every day. those dead lights are annoying u cant really see anything

i guess i have to look out my often

custommx
07-05-2004, 12:38 AM
A friend of a friend of mine hit a deer on his harley going over 150, split the deer right in half, destroyed the bike, and lived.... Just wondering where do deer go when they head into the city? do they just chill in peoples back yards?

H4LFY2nR
07-05-2004, 04:09 AM
but holy smokes, hitting a deer on DEERfoot would not be good at all! Why are they so dumb? Don't they get frightened of big objects w/ bright lights coming towards them? Or are they so scared they can't move their muscles?!? [/B]

You would think that animals in the city would learn to run away from cars. So why are some so stupid. Tonight some stupid rabbit was sitting on the right side of the road, then as soon as I came it ran into the middle of the road. I slammed on my brakes but it just kept running staight, so I ended up chasing this rabbit until it ran back to the right side of the road, like WTF? I should have done Darwin a favor and squished that bunny good:guns: . Good thing it wasn't a deer or a moose though.

GQNammer
07-05-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by H4LFY2nR

You would think that animals in the city would learn to run away from cars. So why are some so stupid. Tonight some stupid rabbit was sitting on the right side of the road, then as soon as I came it ran into the middle of the road. I slammed on my brakes but it just kept running staight, so I ended up chasing this rabbit until it ran back to the right side of the road, like WTF? I should have done Darwin a favor and squished that bunny good:guns: . Good thing it wasn't a deer or a moose though.

Good thing you saved the rabbit, haha. But the thing with a rabbit and a deer......just doesn't compare. If you hit a deer, there's a chance of you getting seriously injured. Just trying to avoid the deer almost got me killed. I've seen deer up by Mcknight and John Laurier....but that's like a speed of 50-60......Deers seen on deerfoot going while driving@100-110@1:00am is just horrible.

H4LFY2nR
07-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by GQNammer

Good thing you saved the rabbit, haha. But the thing with a rabbit and a deer......just doesn't compare. If you hit a deer, there's a chance of you getting seriously injured. Just trying to avoid the deer almost got me killed. I've seen deer up by Mcknight and John Laurier....but that's like a speed of 50-60......Deers seen on deerfoot going while driving@100-110@1:00am is just horrible.

I know hitting/avoiding a deer going 100km/h+ is way more serious than my rabbit story. Just sharing my recent animal encounter and ranting about stupid critters that darwin should take care of.:burnout:haha

DuPont
07-05-2004, 10:20 PM
hi, longtime lurker, 1st time poster here. :burnout:

I've had a quite a few run-ins with wildlife on the road. and all I have come-up with is: put yourself in their shoes. they're WILD animals. They don't know what cars do, and what roads are for.

or they just want to "off" themselves. how else would a deer do it?

or maybe it's a game. :confused:

dogmaiwli
07-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by DuPont

or maybe it's a game. :confused: [/B]

:D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :burnout:

ryder_23
07-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by A_3

Sorry let me clear that up, the time i was doing 130 was during my young punk days trying to be all cool etc... we all had those days. I ended up paying for it in a large ticket, probably not as dearly as i deserved, but i got lucky and learned my lesson. I do drive the speed limit very consistently now, i live in an area highly police laden so I try and stay within 10km's of the limit. I was just saying that the deer always jump out when you are changing cd's or picking up the cell phone... the time you take your eyes off the road for a second... who here can say they are not guilty of those things even if they are primarily cautious drivers? I appologize for how that came out, my point got blurred!

Your still in that stage :poosie: along with all your other friends on this board :thumbsup:

H4LFY2nR
07-06-2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by DuPont
hi, longtime lurker, 1st time poster here. :burnout:

I've had a quite a few run-ins with wildlife on the road. and all I have come-up with is: put yourself in their shoes. they're WILD animals. They don't know what cars do, and what roads are for.

or maybe it's a game. :confused:

Ya but I'll show them who's playing a game.:whipped:

KELSTAR
07-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by custommx
A friend of a friend of mine hit a deer on his harley going over 150, split the deer right in half, destroyed the bike, and lived.... Just wondering where do deer go when they head into the city? do they just chill in peoples back yards?

I live in Evergreen in the SW and back onto a park coming off of Fish Creek. We always have deer hopping our fence and eating the plants and trees.