PDA

View Full Version : "Hit" and run on 17th

JCX
07-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Today I went to check out a shop on 17th SW and parked in front of the Devenish building (between 9th and 10th st). I parked on in the last metered spot and there was a huge jacked up black / dark blue Ford full sized van in front of me. Noting this gargantuan piece of shit I purposely parked with AT LEAST 8-10 feet between us. I mean there was TONNES of room for the asshole to back up.

Well when I come out the van is gone and there's a dent and bunch of scratches on the hood. It looks like the bumper (which was inordinately large) went into it. Tomorrow I'll go get a police report (not that it'll do jack f$%&, but in case someone reported anything). Just once I'd love to see someone who does this sort of thing caught and charged. Resisting the urge to be an internet tough guy, hopefully I don't see that POS anytime soon.

BTW, my car is a 99 Neon Coupe. It ain't much, but it's mine and I don't keep it in top shape to have it banged up. Nothing makes me angrier than when my stuff get's wrecked, it's just such disrespect. Oh well, it's only money right.

:guns: :whocares: :barf: :thumbsdow :bullshit: :whipped:

ryder_23
07-03-2004, 09:18 PM
Sorry to hear that man....Stupid 17th and all busy places like that, notorious for stupid drivers who do that...

it coulda been someone who pulled in after the van, hit u and booked it ? :dunno:
anwys good luck

EK 2.0
07-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Dude, I feel your pain...My car got smoked at the mall where I work...sorry to hear that there are asshole like that out there...

JCX
07-03-2004, 09:21 PM
I'm 99.99% sure it was the van. Being the way it was hit it had to be a TALL vehicle (the van was jacked up like a 4x4) and I was only there for about 20 mins. It even had some large bumper. I would have just walked, but it was raining. :(

Ford E350, mid 90's or earlier.

cloud7
07-04-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by JCX
Just once I'd love to see someone who does this sort of thing caught and charged.

Rarely happens even if the guy is caught. The police usually recommends you to settle it with the the guilty driver.

turboMiata
07-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by cloud7

Rarely happens even if the guy is caught. The police usually recommends you to settle it with the the guilty driver.

Yes. The process is fucking protracted:

My Corrado got smoked by a driver behind a friend's restaurant once and we confronted the culprit. She refused to do anything. We contacted the police and the police says it's private property so they can't do anything. She then left as if nothing happened.

We tracked the person's address down and launched a small claims suit. She appeared in court and the Judge ruled in our favour (we had witnesses). Damages were awarded to us but she refused to pay us the money.

She didn't have insurance. We wanted to garnish her wages but she was unemployed. Finally, we put a lien on her house for the sum of our damages. After a few months, we found out that she was going to sell her house. Because of this, she had no choice but to pay us. Whole thing took almost 2 years to unfold.

For those like rage2, kenny and ed the sohc, who know me forever, the money went to the cosworth spoiler, hehe! :thumbsup: