PDA

View Full Version : Benz encounter...

fast95pony
07-04-2004, 08:49 AM
I was driving in the Mustang on 36th on Saturday moring when this dude in a Black Benz pulls up beside me and just starts staring at me :dunno:
It was a 2 door ,80's (?) ,possibly an early AMG .It had a factory body kit that was cracked in places , no decals,looked a bit rough and not well looked after. He then starts revving at me , and the rear of the car is going up and down.The street was really busy,so I have no idea what he was thinking.He had short cropped hair,or maybe a shaved head.Then he took off west on Memorial , weaving inbetween cars like an idiot.:rolleyes:

Any suggestions on what type of Benz that might have been ??

girlRACER
07-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Was it a last gen SL 500 with an SL 55 AMG badge? Sounds like it could've been him. In his 40's or so with shaved or short cropped hair.

rage2
07-04-2004, 11:42 AM
hehe I've seen 2 of those now. old generation SL with SL55 and AMG badging. Talk about misbadging!

fast95pony
07-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Looking at pics, I think a 1990-ish (?) SL with a hard top roof.
It was weird . I don't race ,and there was lots of traffic ,so racing would have been very stupid.
I just caught up with him in traffic in the lane next to him,and he started staring,then he started getting on and off the gas while we were stopped at the light enough for the trunk to move up and down.

Strange..:dunno:

illeagle
07-04-2004, 12:19 PM
maybe he likes you:dunno:

don't worry about it, some people are fucked up in the head.

ZorroAMG
07-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Nope, I know the fuckwad you are talking about. It is a 560SEC basically an S class coupé from the late 80's, no badging and a banged up kit....Very nice car if taken proper care of and not driven like a shitstain.

Did you get behind it? Was the Benz 3-point star painted black as well? The guy nearly smoked me into the curb coming down 17th Ave SW approaching 14th St.

The driver was a grease ball and shoulda been driving an IROC instead...

Hakkola
07-05-2004, 12:22 PM
Was he east indian by any chance? Haha, I think I might know who the guy is as well, but the car was for sale last year so maybe he sold it.

ZorroAMG
07-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Ummm Hakk the car was black, not grey..:D

fast95pony
07-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Did you get behind it? Was the Benz 3-point star painted black as well? The guy nearly smoked me into the curb coming down 17th Ave SW approaching 14th St.

Yep , the whole car was painted black.No chrome decals or name plates. Looked like it could have been a very nice ride once,but the bodywork was cracked and dull. Sounds like the same guy...

nismodrifter
07-05-2004, 02:44 PM
did the license plate say STARWARS? I remember seeing an SEC AMG adbandoned outside Auto Protecters and it sat there for like at least half a year....car was trashed to shit...such a shame :(

Skylinelover
07-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Kinda off the topic but a bike ( harley davidson) and a mustang (maybe 2001) were racing on Memorial Drive and these guys werelucky not to get into an acciedent because of all the traffic taht day.

ZorroAMG
07-05-2004, 05:36 PM
^umm ok good post, slick.

Yeah that SEC is the same one. He was such a tard trying to talk to me all cool in Benz Speak at the lights about our cars after he nearly ran me off the road. I was like "I dunno much about Mercedes' man, this is my grandma's car" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

illeagle
07-05-2004, 05:50 PM
your grandma has a sick ride. ;)

Kona9
07-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
[B I was like "I dunno much about Mercedes' man, this is my grandma's car" [/B]

And .......................Finally the truth comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
07-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Yeah, she's PIMP