thats one sick video man!
makes me wanna learn that stuff!!!

joseph
07-04-2004, 09:08 PM
^^^^^You should its fun :thumbsup:

That is a sweet video :eek:

rogue
07-04-2004, 09:20 PM
makes me wish i was young again so i could go learn this stuff absolutly amazing:D

1Xuan1
07-04-2004, 11:33 PM
hmm i wonder if there is any schools or places that teaches this stuff in calgary if there is haha
i would like to know

funkytuqe
07-05-2004, 11:56 PM
There are tones of matial arts schools in this city, my girlfriend teaches at Arashsi-Do Karate, and i have a friend that teaches Kung foo.
That acrobatic stuff is amaizing on that vid, there are not many people who can do that.:eek:

1Xuan1
07-06-2004, 03:34 AM
well i know there is tons of matrial arts i am just wonder where they teach shoalin wushu

Alexs
07-06-2004, 02:57 PM
The ultimate fighting discipline is:
1. Jiu-Jitsu
2. Wrestling
3. Boxing (kickboxing)

All other marcial arts is total useless BS. Watch the Ultimate Fighting championships and see who wins em.

abc1
07-06-2004, 04:05 PM
that guy name joe eigo in the white tank top and pants?

lint
07-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by 1Xuan1
well i know there is tons of matrial arts i am just wonder where they teach shoalin wushu

There's a shaolin wushu school in Calgary, but they don't really teach the acrobatic stuff. That's more show than fighting. But you can check it out www.shaolinwushu.ca. Talk to Mr Tan, if you get the chance. Small guy, but his hands are like rocks. They've got some cool pics of the school in Singapore too.

abc1
07-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by lint

There's a shaolin wushu school in Calgary, but they don't really teach the acrobatic stuff. That's more show than fighting. But you can check it out www.shaolinwushu.ca. Talk to Mr Tan, if you get the chance. Small guy, but his hands are like rocks. They've got some cool pics of the school in Singapore too.

you don't happen to train there?

lint
07-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by abc1

you don't happen to train there?

I did quite a few years ago, but got too busy with school. It's a very traditional approach. They teach fighting (sparring) and forms (tiger, crane, etc), based on your abilities. ie, he's not going to teach a 6'3 240 lb guy acrobatics. They'll do the demonstration stuff too, breaking bricks and boards, every once in a while. The conditioning that is done is pretty cool too. Mr Tan's hands are so thick, at least 1 1/2 times mine, and when he makes a fist there are dips between the knuckles, it's all filled in with flesh. It's impressive.

abc1
07-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by lint

I did quite a few years ago, but got too busy with school. It's a very traditional approach. They teach fighting (sparring) and forms (tiger, crane, etc), based on your abilities. ie, he's not going to teach a 6'3 240 lb guy acrobatics. They'll do the demonstration stuff too, breaking bricks and boards, every once in a while. The conditioning that is done is pretty cool too. Mr Tan's hands are so thick, at least 1 1/2 times mine, and when he makes a fist there are dips between the knuckles, it's all filled in with flesh. It's impressive.

I thought you were still training. I wanted to know since ZorroAMG want to try martial arts and I gave him that website but when he called he didn't got a good answer. I was thinking maybe you can help him out or something. here is a link to the thread
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49215

lint
07-06-2004, 05:22 PM

I thought you were still training. I wanted to know since ZorroAMG want to try martial arts and I gave him that website but when he called he didn't got a good answer. I was thinking maybe you can help him out or something. here is a link to the thread

Not sure how the conversation went, but if he said that he wanted to learn martial arts for movies, he would have been given the cold shoulder. Mr Tan doesn't teach for the money, he does it to pass down the knowledge and the traditions. Jeremy was one of his senior students when I was there, by now he must have studied with him for 10 years.
Sorry to hear about Zorro's experience, Mr Tan was always courteous to me, and invited me down to watch when I was still checking out schools. Far cry from the hard sell that I got from Temple Kung Fu. That was a joke.

saiyajin
07-06-2004, 09:57 PM
that guy name joe eigo in the white tank top and pants?

i believe it is check it another sweet vid
http://www.sidetraked.com/movie.php?file=Joe_Eigo_Capoeira.asf
:thumbsup:

Chester
07-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by rogue
makes me wish i was young again so i could go learn this stuff absolutly amazing:D

meh its not to late, my friend started taking tae kwon doe classes just last year and hes getting pretty hardcore hahaha. I used to be able to push him around, now i can do nothing:cry:

The EquAzn
07-10-2004, 06:59 PM
most of those people in that vid are from Team Ryouko out of Toronto, they are a crazy stunt team, here's more vids

http://www.teamryouko.com/

I've got tonnes of vids of them but don't know how to upload actual movie files... if someone is interested, tell me how to post.

attach button doesn't seem to work.

rogue
07-10-2004, 07:50 PM
that one guy is freakin buff i wouldnt want to mess with him. Buff and crazy martial arts damnnnnnnnn.

GorG
07-10-2004, 08:18 PM
DAMMMNNNN That is a sweet ass video, makes me want to get back into it, but i wouldn't want to go back to kung fu, it was pretty lamb, I got the red which was the second last belt, i always wanted to do crazy moves such as the ones they pull off in this video, we did learn to use swords and spears and spar with them that was fun, what is the type of martial arts that they are using in this video?

403Gemini
07-11-2004, 04:01 PM
another video from these guys:

http://content.collegehumor.com/media/movies/fridaynight3-1.wmv

/////AMG
07-11-2004, 04:40 PM
damn!

FallenAngel
07-14-2004, 09:06 AM
haha i love the little added clip of Jet Li in there from Fist of Legend.

PhenomSE
07-14-2004, 05:24 PM
:nut: That stuff is nuts!! I used to be able to do the back flip off of the wall when I was in martial arts :clap:

J.D
09-02-2004, 10:37 PM

This is Jeremey, I am now based out of Calgary as well. I would be happy to talk to ZorroAMG.

I am not sure what conversation he had Mr. Tan, but Tan is very selective these days of who who he trains. If he is still interested in training Shaolin Wushu please feel free to email me a [email protected]

iceburns288
09-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Bump for scientific reasons