PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about this...

alero_power
07-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Hey everyone here at Beyond.ca,
I am sure many of you have seen my ride around. Its a 2001 Alero with Silent Rage Graphics and 18's. I jsut moved into a new area in the city... pretty much suburbia and Twice in Six weeks my car has been broken into. The first time was 6 weeks ago. Some little punk popped my door handle of , scanned my compu-star and deactivated teh car alarm. However nothing got stolen ! The second time was last night... The lunk bitch left my car door open and stole my subs, amp, Dvd palyer, all my cds, digital camcorder and jewllery. I have spent so much time on that ride, so much money, and I am strictly annoyed. WHy cant people get a job and buy there own stuff!!

Anyway I am going to start heading out to the street races again and hope to goodness that I find the individual resp[onsible for cleaning me right out! If anyone hears anything please let me know! I am begging!! Please send me a pm if you see anyone wiht a new Pioneer Dvd player 7' screen .. i am sure you ahve all seen them!!!!

THanks!!!!
Jill... the chick with the alero

s10andy
07-04-2004, 05:17 PM
hope u find them hun!!!:guns: kill em all

EK 2.0
07-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Jill, sorry to hear about your misfortunes...but I am curious what does the Street Races have to do with your stuff??

Good luck on getting things back in order...

alero_power
07-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks .. I want to head down to the street races to see if anyone has heard anything or know anything about it.... thats where there is alot of people that have to do with cars tend to go .....

Jillian

illeagle
07-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Just don't run from the cops. Good luck with the stereo hunting. Maybe buy a deck/DVD player with a detachable faceplate? I hope insurance cover's everything for you..:(

Gonthro
07-04-2004, 06:00 PM
shitty deal, but you really shouldn't store shit like your digital camcorder and jewelery in your car, it just screams steal me

alero_power
07-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Well unfortunatley I jsut came home from a road trip..... I didnt even have time to clean out my car..... I work out of town and my ride is never home. I have a f'in compustar ........ So as you can tell its not like I leave that shit lying around in my car..... LIttle buggers scouted my car... ..

FiveFreshFish
07-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by alero_power
...with Silent Rage Graphics and 18's...

Originally posted by Gonthro
...it just screams steal me

You need to park in a garage. Might be time to move.

alero_power
07-04-2004, 08:09 PM
I jsut bought this house...... I am not moving.. my garage is in teh process of beign built.. hence why i was parked out on teh street.......

86max
07-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your car.

The amount of low-end people in this city seems to be increasing dramatically.
Will keep a look out for your stuff.

heinz256
07-04-2004, 09:40 PM
hey which community do u live in??

alero_power
07-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Hey 86 man thanks a lot... I am so choked.. I jsut took pics of it.... made me even more mad!!! Grrr..... ANyway Apparently there have been quite a few break ins up in Coventry where I jsut bought my house.. I am a little peeved Its such a nice neighborhood or so I thought!!!! DAmn people stealing my shit!!!

Thanks so much guys please keep a look out!!

PhenomSE
07-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Sorry to hear...I know how ya feel...Had $3000 in stereo equipment jacked outta my CRX a few years back :thumbsdow :guns:

alero_power
07-05-2004, 12:26 AM
this thread is not what about what my car looks like ... its about some ass who decided to break into..... I Know who wrote that and for everyones info the spoiler is gone as well... so lets all stop on the alero bashing and deal with the issue at hand.. because I know that if this happened to you , you would be upset as well!! We all work hard for the things that we have.... and some people find it easy to take advantage of that

Jillian

FiveFreshFish
07-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Wait until your garage is done before you replace anything in your car. Let you insurance company know this if you're submitting a claim.

alero_power
07-05-2004, 01:08 AM
thanks five fresh fish.. today ahs been so shitty.... dealing with police hwo do nothing.. htere are footprints and fingerprints throughout my ride... and they wont dust it.. they say that the need a suspect... Its pretty bruttle.. my garage is going up this month... we jsut poured cement.. but at lest now my ride will have a heated garage in the winter...........

OK_Computer
07-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

alero_power
07-05-2004, 11:59 AM
there are prints all over my ride.... there are 2 footprints in the back seat and about 4 handprints throughout my dash and glove compartment... the cop said it wont do anything .. I Am going to go back today... I Am sooooo chocked... I have spent 3 years saving up to do stuff to my car.... its my baby.... it feels like she was raped....

bigboom
07-05-2004, 03:38 PM
so you took it down to the station?

from what i know my bro called the police to the house and the fingerprint guy came after and dusted teh car. the only thing is with handprints there is nothing they can do, they need a clean finger print.

alero_power
07-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Hey Bigboom..
Well I had to go to the Police Station this afternoon. I was there for about an hour basically begging the cops to come and do it! THey said they werent allowed.. some law that was written up.. HOwever they gave me the number to the Chief. But after I left.... the constable called me and told me that his friend who takes the finger prints is going to come by this afternoon and run prints on my car... they are going to dust the whole thing and hope that they find something... there was over $16,000 worth of audio, digital all that stuff.... All because I came home from a road trip that night... the bugger got me on such a sweet night I guess. Oh well Im learning.. argh!!!

Jillian

rage2
07-05-2004, 03:55 PM
I've never been able to successfully get the cops to come up and do prints. If you pulled it off, I'd like to know what you did different.

It sucks to get broken into, I feel for ya.

ryder_23
07-05-2004, 03:55 PM
^
a sweet trip of buying stuff? or robbing? :rofl:

anyways, sorry to hear that, hopefully they can atleast catch these people, but truly, this will never end..

alero_power
07-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Well I am sure it has a lot to do with being a girl... they gave me all the numbers and what not anyway ... but it was nice to know that he actually called me back... But ..if you have any questions feel free to ask ... The cop was so nice... Anyway... I know this will never end.......but at least i am trying...

Jillian

Paul
07-05-2004, 04:29 PM
sorry to hear about your loss, getting shit ripped off never feels good. Hope all your stuff gets recovered or at least you get some insurance money outta the whole deal. Good luck.

alero_power
07-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Well my claim is going to be huge........

bigboom
07-05-2004, 04:59 PM
its funny because my brother just called and they came and tried to get prints. dont know what he did different...

i had an incident like yours where i lost a lot of stuff...i still remember it all

motorcycle leathers (after a day at the track)
motorycle jacket
helmet
skates
$1000 worth of CD's (including all my britney spears singles :banghead: )
Sub
amp
my boom stick (yeah yeah i know, i was young leave me alone :))

and some other stuff that i dont remember...i know my insurance didnt want to believe a lot of it until campus security recovered my motrcycle leathers and jacket...so hopefully you dont run into too much trouble with the stuff you got stolen. good luck

alero_power
07-05-2004, 08:17 PM
HA ha yea my insurance is being pretty good actually! I have to make a list of everyhting that was stolen and get receipts.... However some of this stuff I dont really ahve receipts for but whatever! THe cop that came told me a lot of interesting things about how they got in and who wouldve done it.... Big boom do you have msn?

JIllian

Xtrema
07-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Wow, a car with $16K of upgrade and you buy a house without a garage already built. Looks like you got your pirority backwards.

Anyhow, shit happens. It could happen to you even you have all your guards up. Chances are you won't get the stuff back or cops will be able to catch anyone. (Unless CPS has a unit that monitor Ebay 24X7, because chances are that's where the stuff will end up). And that's why cops could care less.

I hope you get your home and auto insurance from the same company. So if the auto insurance doesn't cover the content, your house insurance will and dealing with the same company instead of 2 is better.

Like the other guy said, don't replace anything in your ride til the garage is ready and secured. Hope you have better luck.

alero_power
07-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Yea well all my mods were done before i bought the house..Oh well. THe cops came out this afternoon and took prints they found a few but that doesnt mean much in teh big scheme of things. My car and hosue insurance is covering everything ... which is good...l my car goes in Wednesday for anappraisal of damamge which isnt too bad. They are taking care of it all pretty fast......... I dont think i want to replace anything in my ride anyway ... TO much hassle... whoever did this jsut ruined it for me.....

euro_racer
07-05-2004, 11:31 PM
at least u r getting some $$$ out of it. hey does ur car have neon's, i think i saw u once a while back, ur kinda qute:thumbsup:

alero_power
07-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Hey ya my ride has neons.. or at least used too.... i am definetly getting money from my insurance.........look me up on msn.... send me a pm

bigboom
07-05-2004, 11:39 PM
HA ha yea my insurance is being pretty good actually! I have to make a list of everyhting that was stolen and get receipts.... However some of this stuff I dont really ahve receipts for but whatever! THe cop that came told me a lot of interesting things about how they got in and who wouldve done it.... Big boom do you have msn?

JIllian

yeah a bunch of cops are actually pretty nice and they understand what it feels like to go through this when they come talk to you. its just sad that usually they tell you the truth and that is even if the guy does get caught he gets a slap on the wrist and back he goes to jack other peoples stuff...

pm'd you my contact.

wildkarrde
07-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Is she parked on the sidewalk?

alero_power
07-06-2004, 03:50 PM
We did get some finger prints and stuff from the cops so now its jsut tracking this guy down... I guess I jsut have to wait and see what happens next.. MY car looks like it got hit by a bag of flour.. its pretty sad....

go_n_lowhrdbdy
07-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Alero_power,

I know your pain, MY civic got raped 3 times when i was living in Van. I had an alarm, the club and ignition disabling system as well. But anyways once you get all your stuff replaced, make sure to take pics of everything. In my case some of my receipts I couldn't find, but after showing them the pics I took of the subs, amps , decks, etc, The insurance company had no problems. Make sure when taking the pics to also have the date printed on the film or digital..

P.S. I would like to see your pic if your a hottie!!! :drool:

euro_racer
07-06-2004, 05:21 PM
here u go:thumbsup:

oriental_gq
07-06-2004, 11:39 PM
When you heard your alarm go off? Why don't you just run outside with a bat or something and fuk up the person.

SI-vic
07-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

alero_power
07-07-2004, 01:33 AM
Well in regards to my alarm... it didnt go off... I have a compustar and the freakin' thing didnt go off again... I know it was set.. Afte rthe first attempt two months ago I check my car every night before I go to bed... But whateve that is all in the process of being taken care off as we speak. In regards to oour rides.. I agree.. I dont care what people have to say about my car.. I love my car.. I work hard and have fun... and thats what this is about.. it isnt about who can have the nicest alero or honda or whatever.. its a hobby for me.... I enjoy doing it just as much as everybody else!! Anyway if I can format these pics small enough I will upload the damage of my car..... Its pretty sweet.. I am glad it goes for an appraisal tommarow!!!

Goodnight talk to ya guys tommarow

Jillian

bspot
07-07-2004, 09:55 AM

funkytuqe
07-08-2004, 07:24 PM
Wow that really sucks miss alero_power!, the scary part is that i live in Coventry too and you said there have been a lot of thefts up there recently?? I would cry if any of my cars got broken into since i have put so much work into them, mind you i don't have 1/10th the stuff you had in your car but still i think i would cry. I wish good luck to you in getting your stuff back or even getting compensated by the insurance company. Just remember, they will low ball you at fist, if you think their offer is not fair then don't accept it, keep haggeling them and you should come out OK. It sucks that you worked hard for all that stuff and you will probably come out of this with a little less than you deserve, but that is life i guess.
GOOD LUCK.

alero_power
07-09-2004, 02:26 AM
Hey everybody I just wantd to hank everyone for all their suport in helping me find my stuff. I feel its a lost hope. I have had my car dusted for fingerprints and still no word from the cops. I have talked to so many people about it.... and still nuthing, I have an incling of who it could be... but who knows.. Anyway thanks so much . I am posting some pictures tonight since I cant sleep..... ugh no fair.. you cant really see the damge though .. but it is $600.00 for inside damage...... brutal.... thank goodness for insurance!!!

alero_power
07-09-2004, 02:53 AM
Here is my car... the next pics wll show the interior

alero_power
07-09-2004, 02:54 AM
here is the damge to my baby

alero_power
07-09-2004, 02:55 AM
and yet some more damage

alero_power
07-09-2004, 02:56 AM
Oh wait here is some more..

alero_power
07-09-2004, 02:59 AM
And this is how my car look when i walked out in the afternoon to go for my tan... ARGH STUPID ASSES!!!!!!! ANywa turns out the dash is all buggered to hell and will cost me $600... well insurance anyway ... doesnt look to bad.. ... oh but it is..... the consol is cracked all to hell ..... grrr and the vinyl has skrew driver makrs in it... ARRRGGGGHHHHHH

Weapon_R
07-09-2004, 03:32 AM
Please stick to the topic at hand...

bspot and bhsmith - It has taken me a lot longer to clean up this thread than it would have been to ban both of you trolls. Stop posting useless crap about this girl's car. If you have prior history, deal with it someplace else.

bspot
07-09-2004, 10:33 AM
Atleast they left the wiring harness intact.. suprised they didn't just cut it off. What kind of deck was it?

And did they actually steal your whole change drawer, or just rip it out?

alero_power
07-09-2004, 10:39 AM
It was a new panasonic dvd player.... 7'screen all that great stuff.. no they took it.. The buggers were kind of enough to rip on the dash hasrd enough that when the insurance guy put it back together it cracked in 3 spots... It looks like hell now.... UGH!!!!

bspot
07-09-2004, 01:22 PM
The whole dash, or just the trim piece with the HVAC controls that goes around the deck?

403Gemini
07-11-2004, 06:30 PM
shit thats sad, sry to hear bout the loss :( id freak if that happened to me

Khyron
07-11-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm really interested in what the compustar people say about it - are those not the higher end alarm systems? Sounds like the kid just turned it off with a scanner or something?

Khyron

googe
07-12-2004, 04:26 AM
Im also wondering about the compustar. I find it hard to believe they just used their anti-compustar-EMP-raygun, but Id like to know for sure what it was.

alero_power
07-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Hey guys.. sorry it has taking me so long to reply to the posts about the compustar. Unfortunatley, They did get by my compustar. I have talked to a few people whos car was broken in the same way . The only thing I can think of is that they you used a decoder and scanned my car. I am pretty unsure. But there is no body damage. I am going to contact compustar and talk to them because I really dont feel that this alarm did what it was supposed to do for the amount of money we spend on them.

dkny_stylez
07-12-2004, 10:34 AM
no wonder, your car is heat, with those graphics on the side, but i feel for ya, because i've been broken into before as well.

alero_power
07-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Yea I know my car is heat. But even then the compustar should hve been able to protect my car. I jsut finished emailing them ... I hope they will do something for me..... This is twice in 2 months

403Gemini
07-12-2004, 12:57 PM
start parking in doors if at all possible for awhile

sounds like same person and probably somebody you know

alero_power
07-12-2004, 01:18 PM
I would start parking indoors but my grage isnt up yet.... So I park it under my roomates window.... she is light sleeper and can here anything........

googe
07-12-2004, 03:38 PM
I dont get what you mean by "scanning" it with a "decoder".

Khyron
07-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Yah forging a remote even with just challenge/response is pretty hard (any modern garage door opener) - I would think the compustar is encrypted at least. Are you sure they didn't just get at the battery or shock the thing with a cattle prod?

I mean this is Calgary, not "Gone is 60 seconds".

Khyron

bspot
07-12-2004, 11:03 PM
I'm 99% compustars use rolling codes, which means its bloody impossible for them to use their magic gun.

Did you have hood censors?

I know the firewall hole is pretty low on those cars too and it wouldn't be impossible to chop the powersuplly. Did your alarm have a backup battery?

Alterac
07-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Maybe this is yours? Found in the bargain finder,

Colour LCD display, 7" widescreen, 640x480 resolution, remote, built in speaker, A/V input, NTSC $200 obo Tel: 403-241-1797

dkny_stylez
07-13-2004, 05:53 PM
how did they get into your car btw?

jizzajames
07-13-2004, 06:07 PM
you talk as if the compustar is an alarm god who sits in your car with a magic wand. an alarm is only a deterrent, not protection. some guys can be in and out of your car with all of your stuff in less than 3 min, by the time someone even gets on the phone and calls the cops theyre long gone. it's good your insurance is covering it because you'll never see the stuff again.

OK_Computer
07-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Alterac
Maybe this is yours? Found in the bargain finder,

Colour LCD display, 7" widescreen, 640x480 resolution, remote, built in speaker, A/V input, NTSC $200 obo Tel: 403-241-1797

Pretty cheap too :nut:

alero_power
07-16-2004, 11:04 AM
Hey guys.. I know you dont believe me about the scanner.... but thats the only way that the cops think they could have gotten in. There was damage done to the exterior as well as the interior...... But the alarm wass till set when I went out in the morning.. or at least thats what the pager said.... The cops have a feeling it is someone who knows my car..... or has been in it. But who knows.....

As far as that dvd player goes I am on it like a fat kid on a cupcake!! That is crazy low!!!! Especially for a dvd player!!!!!!!

GT2NV
07-16-2004, 06:05 PM
hey nice car, but that graphic needs to go, doesnt match:dunno:
BTW srry about being broken into, it sucks...

brandon
07-16-2004, 06:37 PM
thats not a dvd player. its just a screen 7 inch screen it doenst pop out or anything not a dvd player

SmAcKpOo
07-18-2004, 01:51 PM
i have a night vision webcam thats mounted out the 2nd floor window that has a view of my car int he center parking lot of my complex. for 70$ its a pretty good investment.

That.Guy.S30
07-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Hey guys.. I know you dont believe me about the scanner.... but thats the only way that the cops think they could have gotten in. There was damage done to the exterior as well as the interior...... But the alarm wass till set when I went out in the morning.. or at least thats what the pager said.... The cops have a feeling it is someone who knows my car..... or has been in it. But who knows.....

As far as that dvd player goes I am on it like a fat kid on a cupcake!! That is crazy low!!!! Especially for a dvd player!!!!!!!

hey did you every bring your car to a car audio install/ oil change / anywhere you give them your compustar remote? if so they can easialy make a copy of the remote signal onto a another compustar remote and it works just like the orignal remote, funny thing is when one of them is used to start the car or open the door, the other remote will not go off/make a sound. maybe you should look into that also.

crx62
07-18-2004, 03:18 PM
yo i am sorry to hear about ur loss, u r totally right, people in this city need to get job and buy their own shit, what is the point in stealing if u get busted u go to jail and ur fucked for life.

good luck with finding ur stuff.

AllGoNoShow
07-18-2004, 05:23 PM
give us some models and pictures if u got them so we can keep our eyes open

alero_power
07-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Hey guys...
well I only bring my car to one place to get oil changes. and when it goes in I always put the screen and turn the subs down, but I am always in teh car when they work on it.
I have a serial number for the dvd player ... its on the box! But soem of the stuff stolen was irreplacable!! Totally crappy! But my insurance company has been great!! There are pics of my car on this thread... in terms of the damage and what not...
THanks for all your help everyone!! I am still on teh look out......

Jillian

dishrag
07-22-2004, 11:56 AM
an alarm is only as good as the install. I was surprised at the piss poor install job done on my compustar by a so-called "professional". The alarm came with the car so I thought whatev. The wires to siren and hood pin were in broad view behind the front bumper. One would only have to roll under the car and make 2 quick snips and in less than 5 seconds a large chunk of my big bad alarm is disabled. I will re-route the wires. that black plastic wire loom isn't worth a damn, I used metal furnace wiring armour painted black, it takes a stout pair of snips to cut through it, at least it offers some extra protection. And if I ever find the dildo that started the whole "mount your impact sensor on the steering column" fad, I'll break his fucking arms. Your steering column goes to your steering rack, which is isolated from your subframe by big fat rubber bushings and also dampered by the tires themselves, so unless someone rolls under your car and hits the steering rack with a hammer, its useless for nothing but falses. In my experience, I've had way better results mounting flush on the metal of the firewall. You can turn the sensitivity way down to respond to sharp "break-in" type jolts and wont get false alams when a cricket farts beside your car. When you get an alarm, the install usually comes free, then you get to pull it all out and do it properly.