PDA

View Full Version : DQ Grill & Chill --- FANTASTIC!

GTS Jeff
07-04-2004, 07:52 PM
i found a DQ grill and chill today during lunch break. its a way nicer version of the old dairy queen with nicer decor, good burgers, and table service. its pretty cheap and the food awesome for fast food.

im not sure if calgary has any yet tho (i did some googling and found out that all the DQs will eventually switch to grill and chills)...

PhenomSE
07-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Grill and Chill?...Hmm...never heard of this before? :dunno:

cobber112879
07-04-2004, 09:05 PM
We have one in Red Deer. It's really good. Don't know if the other ones are switching though.

PhenomSE
07-04-2004, 10:10 PM
So all it is, is a nicer version of the regular DQ? :dunno:

GTS Jeff
07-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by cobber112879
We have one in Red Deer. It's really good. Don't know if the other ones are switching though.

they are according to google

Originally posted by PhenomSE
So all it is, is a nicer version of the regular DQ? :dunno:

wayyyy nicer. its the nicest fast food joint ive been in, with its joeys'esque decor and the good food. the burgers are flame broiled and thick and the buns are baked in-store.

sexualbanana
07-04-2004, 10:42 PM
What about the drive-thru?

TrevorK
07-05-2004, 09:10 AM
I guess I should answer, seeing as how I worked at a DQ the Grill/Chill owner here owns (While he was planning the building of the Grill/Chill), and I know a manager at the new one.

Yes - it's just a more upscale version of the regular DQ. Expect items to be more expensive, however for food items there is a lot more of a variety to what you can have (Philly cheesesteak, etc....). I'd guess-timate $20-25 for a meal for 2 with ice cream (Assuming you have a blizzard/royal treat).

Yes - the buns are made fresh instore in the morning. Everything is cooked on the flat grill. Further, the food is different than a normal DQ (The patties for instance are completely different).

Also - there are certain food/ice cream items that are ONLY available at Grill N Chills - for instance the Peanut Butter/Fudge ice cream treat (Forget the name - keep thinking it's peanut butter blast).

Yes there is a drivethrough - and they aren't as slow as you'd think (Unless you order a shitload of ice cream).

All NEW DQ's will be Grill N Chills, but they won't be converting the old ones (Even if you can find documentation that says they will). There are too many older franchises that can't meet the criteria to become a Grill N Chill, such as needing a drivethrough.

QuasarCav
07-05-2004, 09:33 AM
I cant live without 99c burgers.

Please tell me they wont go away.

GTS Jeff
07-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by TrevorK
I guess I should answer, seeing as how I worked at a DQ the Grill/Chill owner here owns (While he was planning the building of the Grill/Chill), and I know a manager at the new one.

Yes - it's just a more upscale version of the regular DQ. Expect items to be more expensive, however for food items there is a lot more of a variety to what you can have (Philly cheesesteak, etc....). I'd guess-timate $20-25 for a meal for 2 with ice cream (Assuming you have a blizzard/royal treat).
i ordered a standard combo for $6. not too bad at all, considering shitty places like subway charge like $11 for a combo.

TrevorK
07-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
i ordered a standard combo for $6. not too bad at all, considering shitty places like subway charge like $11 for a combo.

You can't go there without having some ice cream after though!!!

I know - I can't believe how much Subway charges. I haven't been in so long, but I hear it's a lot more than it used to be.

CKY
07-06-2004, 01:27 PM
this sounds pretty good, can't wait til they drop one in calgary (perferably NW) *wink wink

roopi
07-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Where is this located?

GTS Jeff
07-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Where is this located? the only one i know of in edmonton is up in the north.

its by the superstore off 137th ave. i dont really know the address or street names. i guess its to the northwest of that superstore.

TrevorK
07-08-2004, 09:01 AM
the only one i know of in edmonton is up in the north.

its by the superstore off 137th ave. i dont really know the address or street names. i guess its to the northwest of that superstore.

127st 140 Ave

Across the street from a Tire Shop, Gino's Pizza, McD's, etc....

Redlyne_mr2
07-08-2004, 11:48 AM
This place sounds awesome, and the name even rules. Too bad beat ass Ontario barely has any DQ's

Kamen
07-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Kingston has one. And the girl working there charged me 22 cents for an ice cream cake instead of $22. :rofl:

GTS Jeff
07-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
seeing your sig reminded me of one very important fact about the grill and chill...

HOT 16 YEAR OLD CHICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTS Jeff
07-13-2004, 07:06 PM
went there again today and had a flamethrower burger. FUCKEN AWESOME!!

trevor, know of any in edmonton other than the 127th/140th location?

TrevorK
07-14-2004, 08:47 AM
went there again today and had a flamethrower burger. FUCKEN AWESOME!!

trevor, know of any in edmonton other than the 127th/140th location?

Are no others yet.

A bunch of people "talk" about building one from what I hear, but no one has stepped it.

It took 2+ years to get this one all built, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's another year/two before another pops up