PDA

View Full Version : 2004 French Grand Prix

BigMass
07-04-2004, 09:44 PM
1) Schumacher is a driving god. How many times are people going to go on about Schumacher being over rated. How much more does he need to win? How much better can a human drive? I am willing to bet no driver in the history of F1 could of pulled off what Schumacher pulled off today. 4 Pit stop victory!

2) Ross Brawn, Jean Todt and Ferrari are genius and in a league of their own. The whole team is perfection defined.

3) Alonso drove very well and Renault had a good car. Anyone should be happy with 2nd after Ferrari's rediculously amazing race.

4) Barrichello deserved 3rd place. He fought the whole race and raced his ass off. Amazing composure the last lap to jump on Trulli's mistake in the last couple of corners

5) Trulli needs a new haircut. That's the reason he fucked up. Blame the hair!

6) What the heck happened with Mclaren and BMW in the span of 1 year? I guess Mclaren should be happy both of their drivers finished and scored points... but come on, the need to get back into the game. And for Williams, the whole think just isnt working out. They need a new car and new drivers. Knowing he is leaving for Mclaren in 2005 is not helping Montoya's motivation it seems.

rage2
07-04-2004, 10:05 PM
1) I'll continue to say Schuey is overrated. Today's race proved my point even more so. I was WAY more impressed with Barachello's performance as a driver than Schumachers. If schumacher actually PASSED alonso instead of winning in the pits, then I'll have more positive comments on schumacher.

I'll say it again and again... winning in the pits does not make schumacher a driving god. He's got an awesome team backing him up.

2) It was completely won by strategy. Props to the team and reading the renault strategy well, not schumacher.

4) He showed more driving skill than schuey.

hjr
07-04-2004, 10:10 PM
no one ever claimed that schuey was a bad. he is far from it. Mike is a VERY talented driver and deserves much credit, but I believe the ferrari team doesnt get enough credit for what their actual contribution to racing.

blueripper6
07-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I'll say it again and again... winning in the pits does not make schumacher a driving god. He's got an awesome team backing him up.

2) It was completely won by strategy. Props to the team and reading the renault strategy well, not schumacher.

Yes, he has a good team, which is what makes him a good racer. He is one of the best drivers in the world with one of the best crews in the world making the ferrari team(crew and driver) top class.

and no, it wasnt completly won by strategy, were you watching the times? he was gaining more and more each lap, he is a damn good driver and deserves every bit of recognition he gets.

method
07-04-2004, 10:26 PM
once again, I would like to see a special race in which teams switched drivers for fun, just to see what would happen.

BigMass
07-04-2004, 10:51 PM
The strategy was amazing. But no one else would of been able to deliver the times needed to make that strategy work except for Michael. Thats the point. The only reason the strategy worked was because it was Michael driving. Other teams wouldnt even bother with this outlandish strategy because they know they wouldnt be able to pull it off. Another thing is, F1 was never about passing. So just because Michael wins without having to pass anybody does not make him a lesser driver.

Often the most simple things are the most complicated. Anybody can get themselves into a shitty position that forces them to put up an amazing drive to get back into the race. If it works they look like a hero like Rubens did today. But who is the better driver? The ony who puts himself in a crappy situation and grinds it out? Or the one who is so good he doesnt need to put himself in the shitty situation to begin with.

The funny thing about F1 is that it is one of the few sports i watch in which I have no real favorites. I dont care who wins. Im not riding Schumachers cock. I am just recognizing what i am watching race after race after race. If any other driver was doing this i would say the same thing about them. Give credit where credit is due is my moto. (at least in F1 :)

962 kid
07-08-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by BigMass
Another thing is, F1 was never about passing. :)

That only makes sense if started watching effone in the last 5 years.