PDA

View Full Version : Stampede Job

AznDragon2004
07-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Anyone here going to work at stampede this year??

Since this is my first time going to work there and first job, i'm not sure what i am suppose to do when i get there. I'm the building attendant at the grandstand level 3 during the midnight shift. Right now i'm just not sure what my work is where everything is located and stuff. So i'm just wondering if anyone has worked there and know what to do?

Idratherbsidewayz
07-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Ive been the day supervisor at the popcorn stand on the main floor in the grandstand a couple times already. Im doing it again this year. As a building attendant, hmm, is that some sort of janitor, or security guard?

AllGoNoShow
07-05-2004, 12:02 AM
maybe its like those people that just helps peopel figure out where stuff is and setup events? thats my guess

AznDragon2004
07-05-2004, 10:02 AM
its janitor work

Shaolin
07-05-2004, 10:08 AM
you should have a supervisor to report to.. they'll tell you everything you need to know.. man.. it's been like almost 10 years since I worked at the Stampede.

girlRACER
07-05-2004, 12:45 PM
My friend is working there and she told me that there was an orientation a week or two ago. :dunno:

AznDragon2004
07-05-2004, 11:17 PM
I went to orientation but it was only to receive the shirt and about safety stuff. They told nothing about what to do on first day

Idratherbsidewayz
07-06-2004, 12:58 AM
You figure everything out first day, won't be hard as a janitor though...

DarkDream
07-06-2004, 06:26 PM
hahaha one year i was the building attendent of the Big four building during the midnight too...I'm assuming its the same thing........ Its all Janitorial duties... after 3 days you would want to quit...... hahaha and But maybe your time there will be better becasue for me i ended up cleaning washrooms..... hehehe good thing i didn't have to clean the toilets just mopping..... I let my co workers do that hehehehe:bigpimp:

well It was pretty much hell for me... casue i had to work at 11PM- 7AM at stampede... Then i had to go to University...... Then i had to go to my afternoon job then i go back to stampede....... day after day i felt shittier and shittier.... but after it was all over.....
i was getting bleeding noses for no particular reason... Just sitting there and it start bleeding..... This happens like 6 -7 times a day.. I think its becasue of the fumes from wax and cleaning supplies..... and then i felt like crap all the time sometime wanting to puke or can't breath very well......

All in all i had a horrible time there...... I am never going to that shit hole again.......

AznDragon2004
07-06-2004, 11:24 PM
I don't think it's going to be that bad. I'm working at the Grandstand level 3.

You guys have any ways to stay awake all night??? I won't get to sleep till 4pm on Thursday because of summer school.

R-Zuki
07-07-2004, 03:22 AM
Level 3 eh...lucky, thats where all the rich people go eat.
building attendant aint a hard job from what i've seen, all u do is sweep up stuff...just find some stuff to play around with to keep urself awake

AznDragon2004
07-07-2004, 11:11 AM
When i keep track of the hours i worked do i just write them in the little timetable they gave us?

sputnik
07-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by R-Zuki
Level 3 eh...lucky, thats where all the rich people go eat.

One of our vendors took a few of us to the rodeo there. Awesome food at the restaurant and leather chairs at the top of the lower level to sit and watch the rodeo from. Its not exactly "rich people" its companies that own tables in the restaurant and pay yearly dues (like a golf course).

However I dont think that is considered Grandstand level 3. Wouldnt Grandstand level 3 be the normal nosebleed seats?

AznDragon2004
07-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Level 3 grandstand is called "Ranahans"

Orbie
07-08-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm sure it will be fine and they'll tell you everything you need to know when you get there. If worse comes to worse then you can always just ask another employee there at the time. I think they'll keep you pretty busy during your shift so you won't have to "waste time", but hopefully they'll be other people working there to talk/break with etc. I'd bring a deck of cards though just in case hehe.

On an unrelated note, Idratherbsidewayz, great sig man but from what I remember you forgot some of it...

"...what d'ya think about that?!...huh?, I rev it to 6000rpm and I've seen more then one cop like to shit his pants!"