PDA

View Full Version : Po-po touble

Paul
07-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Was talking to a budy of mine who's a cop in edmonton and says that the police up there are having a little trouble...

2 multi nova vehicles have been damaged when someone dropped a cinderblock off an overpass that the vehicle was sitting under tagging speeders. The vehicles were both written off and Edmonton police are looking into getting tank armor to re-enforce the roofs of these vehicles. In both cases the officers were not injured.

In Lethbridge when i was living down there the police had just started to use the new multi nova camera device which is just a green box that sits on the side of the road. The actual police vehicle was usually parked about 20-50 m away completely hidden from visible traffic. I always wanted to hit that thing and send it flying. I guess somebody beat me to it as Lethbridge police have had to order 2 new units as one was hit by a driver, who was later tracked down and arrested. I was told this by a family friend who is a police officer and family friend.

I guess some people are just fed up with the Mulit-nova craze and see it as a cash-cow for local police departments. I remember seeing pics of people shooting and lighting on fire those redlight cameras, distruction of such devices can land you with serious fines and possible jail time. I guess we just have to be more cautious dirvers.

ryder_23
07-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Yeah, that old post from somewhere in eastern canada it might :dunno: where they destroyed the red light cameras etc...

its pretty violent how people are gettin these days towards something their doing against the law, which is their fault....but whatever

Obie-Rice
07-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Nice to see that some people have enough balls to do it.::hitit:

Rockski
07-06-2004, 05:31 PM
im certain i saw a photoradar in edmonton in a taxi, if theyre gonna get that tricky, theres gonna be alot of trouble going on up here and i dont really wanna be around for that

cman
07-06-2004, 05:38 PM
in GB they have gatsos (permanant photo rader booth on the side of the road) and they get pulled over and burnt all the time by people who just got caught speeding on them
http://www.gatsometer.com/scrivo/asset.php?id=5932 the company
http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htmvandalized ones

funkytuqe
07-07-2004, 08:25 PM
I have no idea why people despise the Multi nova and red light cameras so much. People say "oohhh the police are just milking us of our money". WTF, it's your choice to speed or run a red light, no one forces you to speed, you know it is against the law but yet you still do it knowing full well that you might get caught then complain when you do. I am no angel behind the wheel, but if i get a ticket in the mail it's now ones fault but mine!
People are dumb asses when it comes to that stuff.:dunno:

hjr
07-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by funkytuqe
I have no idea why people despise the Multi nova and red light cameras so much. People say "oohhh the police are just milking us of our money". WTF, it's your choice to speed or run a red light, no one forces you to speed, you know it is against the law but yet you still do it knowing full well that you might get caught then complain when you do. I am no angel behind the wheel, but if i get a ticket in the mail it's now ones fault but mine!
People are dumb asses when it comes to that stuff.:dunno: wow, i agree. i got a 20 over photoradar ticket. i didnt blame the police for catching me (cause that makes sence :confused: ) i payed it and felt good that there were no demerits. i broke the law. i payed the price. people who complain about multinova get very close to no repect from me. Especially considering most of the time its extremely easy to spot it.

freakin
07-09-2004, 11:40 AM
^^^ I'd have to agree with you. Suck it up and pay it. It won't affect your insurance. They're pretty hard to miss, especially the redlight cameras. I'd rather get one of those than get pulled over.

Akagi Redsuns
07-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by hjr
wow, i agree. i got a 20 over photoradar ticket. i didnt blame the police for catching me (cause that makes sence :confused: ) i payed it and felt good that there were no demerits. i broke the law. i payed the price. people who complain about multinova get very close to no repect from me. Especially considering most of the time its extremely easy to spot it.

Sorry but I don't agree with the "easy" of policing. Why is there a speeding fine in the 1st place? To deter you from speeding (and fatten the police wallets...I know I know).

Sure I am all for safer roads, but I think the red-light camera and photo-radar is the wrong way to do it. People still speed, still run red ligths and idiocy on the roads are still at a high level. Nice to see the police get all the money I guess, but the roads are not any safer at all.

Edited: So I don't look like an ass.... haha :) Thnx Cman. I need to learn how to read.

cman
07-09-2004, 12:07 PM
i think he meant he got a ticket for travelling 20km over the speedlimit, not 20 tickets

Akagi Redsuns
07-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Bleh! You are right. HJR and everyone else, ignore my bitching about the 20 tickets then. Ooops!

Khyron
07-09-2004, 11:28 PM
If the speed limits were reasonable in the first place, I could approve of multi novas. But the limits are intentionally left far below what they should be at (ignoring weather and traffic of course) simply to make money. I don't have such a problem with the red light cameras.

Khyron

Redlyne_mr2
07-09-2004, 11:44 PM
They don't have red light cameras or photo radar here in Ontario and people speed like crazy. There's usually a delay before you can start moving on a green light in a busy intersection because all these fags are running reds because they're in a hurry to go and wait in 5 hour line at wonderland. In a 60 people go 80 and in a 100 people go 140 and when there are accidents they're big ones. Although it is a cash cow it exists to punish the recklace and the stupid