PDA

View Full Version : Construction Signs

leutyc
07-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Has anyone else seen the new signs in construction Zones. There is a picture of a child or two and it says "please slow down our dad works here" I really like them, i know if i see them i do the limit and not one km over! there great signs.

:thumbsup:

leutyc
07-06-2004, 02:52 PM
there is one on sarcee between Crowchild and John Laruie. and the other is on Stony trail, between 16th and Nosehill turn, just as your going over the Bridge, i will take the camra to work tonight and try and snap a pic on the way home.

2000TL
07-06-2004, 02:58 PM
yea ive seen them.. i think its a great idea.. I think i spotted one on memorial drive just past the zoo where the new construction is takin place at the old general hospital site.

SI-vic
07-06-2004, 02:59 PM
You can see them ALL over the place in the NW.
In the NE I yet have to see any.... well maybe thats because no roads in the NE are under construction. haha

SW has a bunch too.

I like the signs, they really work.
I dont speed when I see those signs either. They are great.
The kid signs that was mentioned above really hits hard when you read it.....

Kona9
07-06-2004, 04:55 PM
There is a set of them when you are merging on to memorial west from crowchild north bound. (beginning of bridge construction)

Seanith
07-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Yeah i've seen the one on memorial crossing crowchild. It makes me slow down for sure. The kid is so ugly, he doesn't need anymore pain in his life :)

ricosuave
07-06-2004, 05:37 PM
theyre an initiative from the city

those kids are the actual children of city workers...

hoping that the 'personal' touch means more than a normal sign i guess

Weapon_R
07-06-2004, 05:39 PM
The signs are fantastic. They really work - i've rarely seen anyone speed when those signs are posted :)

Rockski
07-06-2004, 05:40 PM
theres some up here in edmonton (dont know if calgary uses em) "dont R.I.P through construction zones" and the r i p is on a headstone, they work really well, but some assholes tag them and not only is it bad vandalism, it shows a total lack of respect for the people working construction

kiwi
07-06-2004, 06:10 PM
I've seen one on the overpass thingy that joins crowchild & memorial... hee hee, the sign definately catches your attention, cuz the kid is really cute!

leutyc
07-06-2004, 09:49 PM
off work, here ya go!!!

eckostyle
07-06-2004, 10:26 PM
dayamn, thats good, and sounds like its quite effective too. i like it

Orbie
07-06-2004, 10:33 PM
I heard that the kids on a sign at a specific worksite are actually kids of a construction worker ON that site. I remember on the news they did an interview with a worker at a site with his kids on the sign. It also explains why there are different kids on each and every sign in Calgary. I thought it was a great idea since it's much more personal that way.

However, sad thing is at least in the NW between Country Hills Blvd and John Laurie along Sarcee, the sign doesn't work at all! I can't even express how many times I've been doing 50km/h down that road and somehow people have caught up to me that weren't even in my rearview just a while before. The worst thing is when they catch up, they tailgate me the entire way down like I'm going too slow!!

I have only seen one cop there enforcing speed limit since construction in that area started. I wish the CP would place radar on that road more often, they would have a field day with all the damn speeders there.

Idratherbsidewayz
07-06-2004, 11:49 PM
I like this idea, definitely made me slow down on the crowchild bridge. It makes you think that you are not just endangering one person, but possibly hurting an entire family...

A_3
07-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Yeah i saw one coming from the zoo, def made me slow down and think... powerful posters, good move by the city!

Obie-Rice
07-07-2004, 02:19 AM
I've seen more radar in these zones now, not to mention the other individuals actually working there. It's a good idea to pay attention to those signs.

ryder_23
07-07-2004, 02:32 AM
Those signs look great, actually make u feel like their not just contruction workers, their dads/husbands, etc...i guess moms/wives too

ZorroAMG
07-07-2004, 02:45 AM
No, Orbie, the same kid is on a few signs in different locations....

fast95pony
07-07-2004, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
The signs are fantastic. They really work -

Too bad most City road workers don't !

That kid is everywhere.He must have lots of dads.What does that
say about his mom ??:bigpimp:

ZorroAMG
07-07-2004, 09:27 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: