but not to the team I said.
hes in LA now.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=90261

spyguy
07-06-2004, 03:32 PM
too bad... well good luck to him in LA

SI-vic
07-06-2004, 03:43 PM
that sucks. conroy was wicked but he can definitly be replaced.
wish he woulda came back but something was obviously wrong in calgary that he didnt sign back. Probably 2.2million/yr wasnt enough for him (Calgary's offer to him)
I still remember his speech at the Flames rally..... well he lied. that bastard. hahaha

at least he's going to L.A though, they're my second fav. team next to Calgary.

Impreza
07-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Conroy is still a good guy. He had a chance to explore his options and you can't blame him for that. He can be replaced anyways!

SI-vic
07-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Since we're on the Free Agent talk in the NHL with the Flames

Lets talk Turek.
He's decided to redo his contract. What a character, I guess he wasnt lying when he said that he wanted to take the Flames all the way to the cup. He'll obviously lose a lot of money and he hasnt complained about anything.
Thanks to Turek for freeing up SOME money for the Flames.
Maybe he isnt such a bad guy...... hahahaha
but I bet he'll still be making a killing compared to other back ups. hahaha

sabad66
07-06-2004, 03:58 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooo

RiCE-DaDDy
07-06-2004, 04:20 PM
well looks like he'll never see the cup again

Skylinelover
07-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Hmm is he now making what iggy is making? If so I don't think that is too bad.

Altezza
07-06-2004, 05:25 PM
What a shame...would have been nice to keep him around. Then again, I heard him and Sutter never really got along well. Wonder who they will use to fill that spot.

A_3
07-06-2004, 05:41 PM
^:werd: i'm trying to hunt down a list of RFA's and UFA's for this season to see what we can get in place of Conroy. I'm hoping with the money freed up from Tureks new contract and with Conny leaving that we may be able to pocket someone sweet! No bashing on Conroy, he's one of the classiest players in the league and LA obviously lured him in with one nice big pay day, good luck to him and I hope the Flames can find a suitable replacement!

SI-vic
07-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by A_3
^:werd: i'm trying to hunt down a list of RFA's and UFA's for this season to see what we can get in place of Conroy. I'm hoping with the money freed up from Tureks new contract and with Conny leaving that we may be able to pocket someone sweet! No bashing on Conroy, he's one of the classiest players in the league and LA obviously lured him in with one nice big pay day, good luck to him and I hope the Flames can find a suitable replacement!

go to tsn.ca
there's a whole list of ALL the UFA's and RFA's

lam-boy
07-06-2004, 06:58 PM
I believe sutter offered conroy 2.5 mill for 1 more season with an option. conroy wanted a 4 yr deal with a no trade clause. sutter said no you have to earn it.
well good luck to conny where ever he goes. he can easily be replaced.

accordboi_02
07-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Altezza
What a shame...would have been nice to keep him around. Then again, I heard him and Sutter never really got along well. Wonder who they will use to fill that spot.

Reinprecht will take Conroy's place; Lombardi probably moves up to 2nd line center, then Yelle and Ritchie finish off the depth at C

lam-boy
07-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Saprykin - Reinprecht - Iginla
Nilson - Lombardi - Donovan
Simon - Yelle - Koabsew
Nieminen - Ritchie - Clark

I could see it like that.
Maybe even rid of Clark and fill in with a LW, hopefully Simon or Gelinas can do that so Clark is no more..hes a fiesty guy and such but he gets too carried away sometimes.

dezmarez
07-06-2004, 08:35 PM
i hate conroy
who does he think he is
he's nothin without iginla

Si_FlyGuy
07-06-2004, 10:30 PM
I like Clark. He had a lot of chances during the playoffs, but just couldn't score.

Originally posted by lam-boy
Saprykin - Reinprecht - Iginla
Nilson - Lombardi - Donovan
Simon - Yelle - Koabsew
Nieminen - Ritchie - Clark

I could see it like that.
Maybe even rid of Clark and fill in with a LW, hopefully Simon or Gelinas can do that so Clark is no more..hes a fiesty guy and such but he gets too carried away sometimes.

A2VR6
07-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Rienprecht I think will take his place nicely, we'll miss conroy but I bet we can get someone off the free agent market cheaper anyways and just as capable.

finboy
07-06-2004, 10:59 PM
can't say i'm suprised

chukilabs
07-06-2004, 11:26 PM
that sucks him and iggy played good

accordboi_02
07-07-2004, 12:38 AM
Conroy will be lucky if he pots more than 50 points next year. No more superstar winger to help pad his stats.

Anyone who picks Conroy in a pool would have to be a complete retard with him in LA now. I'm predicting that of all the UFAs, Conroy will end up being the biggest bust for the amount of money spent on him.

Hope he enjoys golfing; Kings aren't going to the playoffs anytime soon.

huss
07-07-2004, 12:47 AM
yea sad story...

Ajay
07-07-2004, 12:58 AM
It's sad to see him go but never know. He might have a crazy breakout season in LA and best of luck to him.

Was obvious he wasn't gonna be staying here. The day after the Flames lost Game 7 they were already talking about it in the papers. Unfortanate he's gone but very true he can be replaced with some younger talent.

Shitty thing is he was amazing for this city and he genuinely loved it here.

Props to Turek for taking a HUGE paycut in order to keep the key guys for the Flames.

Can't wait for next season!!

bigboom
07-07-2004, 11:39 AM
conroy hated calgary when get got traded here, but he had the character to play out his contract.

toyboy88
07-07-2004, 03:10 PM
too bad....he said he would take his last year's contract of 2.2million with calgary if it was at least a 4 year deal, calgary offered him 2 years @ 2.2millions. Sutter should've got him locked up with jarome and kipper for 4 years @ 2.5 million a year

lam-boy
07-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
too bad....he said he would take his last year's contract of 2.2million with calgary if it was at least a 4 year deal, calgary offered him 2 years @ 2.2millions. Sutter should've got him locked up with jarome and kipper for 4 years @ 2.5 million a year

don't question sutters moves haha.
he knows what hes doing.
its because conroy is easily replaced.

A2VR6
07-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Also if you sign an older player like Conroy for 4 years it's taking a bit of a gamble... you never know with injuries and stuff like that.

CKY
07-08-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

don't question sutters moves haha.
he knows what hes doing.
its because conroy is easily replaced.

:werd: but i dunno about him signing both robin reghr and marcus nilson's brothers though...........

Si_FlyGuy
07-08-2004, 12:52 AM
Wonder if that factors into keeping their players happy come contract negotiation time. Besides...don't think that neither of the brothers are on one way contracts.

sputnik
07-08-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by CKY

:werd: but i dunno about him signing both robin reghr and marcus nilson's brothers though...........

I think its a good idea. If Sutter can capitalize on something similar to what the Sutters themselves had back in the 80s. Things might work out pretty good.

inawiJ
07-29-2004, 12:30 PM
yeah maybe it was a strategy to sign nilson and reghyr by gettin there bothers on the team so that they could play together :dunno: but in any case theres no need to doubt sutter