PDA

View Full Version : Skip to the Raptors!

RiCE-DaDDy
07-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Rafer Alston, whose transformation from a street-ball legend to a playoff point guard with Miami proved one of the season's more uplifting stories, has reached a verbal agreement with the Toronto Raptors on a six-year deal believed to be worth $29 million, league sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

After stints with Milwaukee and Toronto, Alston broke through with the Heat, averaging 10.2 points and nearly five assists per game while shooting a healthy 37.1 percent from 3-point range.

Miami had hoped to re-sign the guard widely known as Skip To My Lou for his role in the And1 Mix Tape series, but the Heat was reportedly hoping to split its $5 million mid-level exception between Alston and a power player such as Boston's Mark Blount.

When new Toronto general manager Rob Babcock came with a strong offer to lure him back to Canada, Alston agreed to become Babcock's first free-agent signing

thats awesome for skip, we shouldnt of let him go in the first place. From streetball to this. I hope he still continues to work hard and improve his game. I also hope that bitch VC is a bit happier now haha. Not sure if hes worth the 5mil a season.

On another note: Rudy T is the Lakers new coach.

saiyajin
07-07-2004, 12:20 AM
sweet skip to my lou now in TO hahah and those And1 MixTape tours were awesome :thumbsup:

bigboom
07-07-2004, 11:48 AM
i dont think skip is worth $5 mill a season, thts just throwing money away. and he really needs to work on his shot...

at least this allows alvin to move to the off guard spot...i jsut see this creating problems.

you have alston, williams, rose and carter all playing the guard positions. who do you start?

you move VC to the 3 position and then mopete cant start. unless mo pete and williams take bench roles...

or do you think TO is going to go small?

RiCE-DaDDy
07-07-2004, 12:10 PM
babcock feels skip is gonna help fill the pg spot. o well i think this year will sucks ass again

Impreza
07-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
babcock feels skip is gonna help fill the pg spot. o well i think this year will sucks ass again

Yup, I think that the Raptors won't make the playoffs....again...

mo_virgin
07-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Yeah whatever... Toronto will suck ass until they get rid of VC (Half man- Half season)

bigboom
07-07-2004, 01:08 PM
i think everyone needs to give VC a chance and not jump on the Vince sucks bandwagon. he can do it, he just needs to get in his head that he wont get hurt driving the basket.

PGTze
07-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Good God they are giving him $29 Million :eek: :banghead:

Jynx
07-07-2004, 02:15 PM
GSW are giving adonal foyle 41 million over 5 years or something and the guy averaged 3 pts a game...

now thats fukin pathetic

skip desrves in
it the NBA 5 million isint much for a palyer with his talent

RiCE-DaDDy
07-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Jynx
GSW are giving adonal foyle 41 million over 5 years or something and the guy averaged 3 pts a game...

now thats fukin pathetic

skip desrves in
it the NBA 5 million isint much for a palyer with his talent

yea adonal is a joke,but for his position, they have to overpay.

skip doesnt deserve 5 mil. he just had one good year coming off the bench. 10pts 5 assists. I think he's still better coming off the bench. for comparisions, journeyman pg elliot perry's numbers in his best year were very similiar.

Marquis Daniels is only gettin an extra mil a year and hes gonna be a guy that avgs 20 5 5.

Si_FlyGuy
07-08-2004, 12:50 AM
$5 million is a lot for Rafer, but he seems to be a fan favourite. I hope they'll trade MoPete and VC for someone better.

Mehmet Okur's the other dude that's getting way overpaid.

RiCE-DaDDy
07-08-2004, 08:14 AM
ok, rafers contract is only gauranteed 21 mil for 5 years, so thats a bit over 4 a year, which isnt so bad. 6th year is loaded w/ incentives that may go up to 8 mil.

bigboom
07-08-2004, 11:31 AM
yeah id take marquis for the extra mill, skip is NOT worth the 5 and babcock might end up kicking himself for this.

Jynx
07-09-2004, 01:46 AM
skip is young tho, and healthy

a problem which the raptors always have

plus alvin williams ankles or knees or whatever it maybe aint gonna hold up much longer...

time for them 2 trade him

skip shuld be starting for toronto

bigboom
07-09-2004, 10:34 AM
skip aint all that young...29?

Jynx
07-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
skip aint all that young...29?

well hes 27, while alvin williams is 30 so....
3 years is alot in the NBA
plus skip doesnt have a history of injuries
but then agen he hasnt been in the league that long