PDA

View Full Version : Body Shop Sticky

Redlyne_mr2
07-07-2004, 09:33 AM
It seems as if there is a thread about Calgary body shops once a week. It might be a good idea to sticky a thread that contains peoples reviews about the bodyshops they have dealt with including pricing, quality, and service.

Paul
07-07-2004, 10:49 AM
i think this is an awsome idea!

403Gemini
07-07-2004, 01:28 PM
i agree 100% ! good idea man

sputnik
07-07-2004, 01:46 PM
I agree... however should be heavily modded to ensure that there arent any pissing matches about peoples opinions.

Just a forum with everyones opinion and no ones opinion about someone elses opinion. Basically every says who they think is good and who to avoid (no other discussion).

rc2002
07-07-2004, 01:49 PM
:werd: We wouldn't see things like this:

Hey guys, I live in the Calgary area. Where's a good place to get my body kit painted and installed? Thanks for your help.

The search function is your friend

I'm pretty dumb and I don't know how to use the search function.

Are you willing to part out at all? I'll give you $5

Paul
07-12-2004, 04:56 PM
I think the thread should just be:

- what work you had done

- what it cost you to have the work done

- name of the body shop

- your impression of the work done

none of this, i had a friend who had work done by this guy...blah blah blah, should be work that you had done to your own vehicle.

max_boost
07-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Although a good idea, the only conflicting problem is, would sponsors object to it since these bodyshops may be getting free advertising? It's a fine line and maybe difficult to enforce because in reality, we can have a sticky for bodyshops, stereo shops, performance shops, tire shops, etc. Know what I mean?

Redlyne_mr2
07-12-2004, 10:33 PM
I understand your point Sam, I thought of that as well. Body shop information seems to be in very high demand which is why I suggested the Sticky. I thought about how it could upset or prevent sponsors from advertising with Beyond but on the other hand it sort of sucks if important information isn't easily being made available because of monetary reasons, I would hope that beyond's policies aren't being driven by bureaucracy

Def_3
07-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I thought about how it could upset or prevent sponsors from advertising with Beyond but on the other hand it sort of sucks if important information isn't easily being made available because of monetary reasons, I would hope that beyond's policies aren't being driven by bureaucracy

:werd: couldn't agree more!

max_boost
07-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I understand your point Sam, I thought of that as well. Body shop information seems to be in very high demand which is why I suggested the Sticky. I thought about how it could upset or prevent sponsors from advertising with Beyond but on the other hand it sort of sucks if important information isn't easily being made available because of monetary reasons, I would hope that beyond's policies aren't being driven by bureaucracy Sorry son, rules are rules! haha
Talk to Master rage on this one but I think he would agree with me. Use the 'Search' button!:tongue:

Seanith
07-12-2004, 11:43 PM
I think its an awesome idea. Theres never any issue with free exchange of ideas here. People always give their opinions and recommend shops that aren't sponsors. Plus to date there aren't any body shop sponsors here, so i don't think its that big of a deal :)

Ashkente
07-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Why not have the first post of the stickied thread dedicated to paying sponsors? That way, they're the first ones seen, and in theory, given the most exposure?