PDA

View Full Version : turbo

\JCAR/
07-07-2004, 04:00 PM
i know this probally sounds like a lost cause, but..... i wanted to turbo a j-body i was looking for a busted down sunbird gt with the turbo still in-tact.

basically i was wondering is it possible or am i just wasting my time with this project.?

finboy
07-07-2004, 06:46 PM
there are 2 at pick your part, turbo's are probably toasted or gone though

WGR4Pussies
07-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by finboy
there are 2 at pick your part, turbo's are probably toasted or gone though

turbos are long gone, i checked today.

illeagle
07-07-2004, 07:01 PM
so what if the turbo is gone. snagg the injectors, intake piping, downpipe, and whatever else is needed. Have you tried asking on a J-body forum? i'm sure it's been done..

illeagle
07-07-2004, 07:03 PM
might as well grab the whole cylinder head (stronger internals? different cam?) and send it out for port matching and polishing..:burnout: :clap:

\JCAR/
07-08-2004, 11:55 AM
thanks for the tips.

basically i was told it would take some money and alot of time to get this project done.

barmanjay
07-14-2004, 11:37 PM
damn i'm a little late to post,.... don't grab anything,... the turbo birds, run a 2.0 4cyl engine,.... yours is a 3.1 60* V6,.... NOTHING is compatible!,... however if you can find,... i believe is a 90-91 grand prix gtp,... it's a turbo 3.1,... that's when you want to snag up the whole engine, even if parts are blown,... all of the internals would be swappable with your motor,...

This is a project that I've been working on for a while,... and may still be a while yet,.... you may come join me and chat about it here
www.jspeed.ca

I don't think you'd want a turbo from a ol sunbird,... i believe they're comparable to a t-25 or a t-28,... a mitsu 14b off a 1gen dsm is equivalent to a small t-3,... but if you can get a t-04E that's the ticket! nuff said.

QuasarCav
07-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by \JCAR/
i know this probally sounds like a lost cause, but..... i wanted to turbo a j-body i was looking for a busted down sunbird gt with the turbo still in-tact.

basically i was wondering is it possible or am i just wasting my time with this project.?

It's possible, but so is sticking a B18 in your cavalier.

you would have alot of custom fab work and even then it would be hard to make work.

Good luck finding a turbo 3.1 I think they made about 2000 of them.