PDA

View Full Version : Import Showoff @ Vancouver

kenny
06-10-2002, 01:10 PM
Did anyone else from this forum go down to the show? It was an alright show, I only wish I had not forgotten my charger so I could recharge my battery for more pictures :banghead:

The guys from Impressions were down there, I have a couple pictures of their cars. Amee was down there photographing for Performance Auto and Sound, can't wait to see some of his work in future issues.

The most humorous moment was probably when three guys were looking at some turbocharged car (I think it was an older integra).

Guy #1 : Whats that? (pointing at BOV)
Guy #2 : Its the air intake
Guy #3 : No, its not an intake, theres no filter
Guy #2 : I think its a temperature sensor or something
Guy #1 : *Poking at the BOV* Wheres the intake then?
Guy #3 : Its under the car man! Cold Air!
Guy #1 : Thats cool!

At this point, speedracer and I both walked away from the car laughing too hard. :rofl:

I posted pictures in the Photo Gallery, the "other" pictures will follow shortly

speedracer
06-10-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by kenny

At this point, speedracer and I both walked away from the car laughing too hard. :rofl:

It was too hard for me to hold in the laughter (I was right behind them). I was almost on the floor when he poked at the blitz BOV and claimed it was a Temperature sensor.

I had to walk away at that point and saw that Kenny also herd what they said - I started to laugh so we both had to walk away.

Standing in line for tickets:
Guy 1:
Hey man those rims just don't fit the car (pointing at Supra TT parked accross). Yeah, those rims are just too small and makes the car cheap. (Pointing at Volk 18" wheels).
Guy 2 & 3: Are in agreement

That wasn't so bad. maybe they didn't know much about wheels...

Guy 2: Wow, sweet ride (As a 996 Porche flys by).
Guy 1: Man I dunno what those are but did you see he had 2 seats called S-P-A-R-C-O (he couldn't put the word together) EVO sitting in the car.
Guy 2: Those looked sweet
Guy 3: Man, is that rear wheel drive or front wheel drive?
Guy 2: I dunno

hahahahahahaha

I wish I brought more batteries :(:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I will post pictures later.

Ben
06-10-2002, 02:13 PM
Awesome!!!!

max_boost
06-10-2002, 04:21 PM
So that's where Kenny has been! I thought someone killed him! lol j/k:confused:

I wish I was at the show, I think I be in import heaven!

bol
06-10-2002, 04:41 PM
bahahaha!

MiNG
06-10-2002, 04:49 PM
my brother went with the impressions crew, should be home tonight or tomorrow...so i'll post some pics when he gets back.

RiceCake
06-10-2002, 11:08 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

maybe its the cold air intake... hahahahaha

REdOX
06-12-2002, 12:12 AM
Here's one for ya..
At the last Auto and Truck show Mazda had that special edition yellow Protoge. Some guy was all excited because he saw a front strut tower bar in the engine bay.

Pointing at the bar the Idiot says, "Wow! That thing must be pushing 400+ HP it needs a stablizer bar so the chassis won't twist"

Too much FnF :guns:

spyguy
06-12-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by kenny

Guy #1 : Whats that? (pointing at BOV)
Guy #2 : Its the air intake
Guy #3 : No, its not an intake, theres no filter
Guy #2 : I think its a temperature sensor or something
Guy #1 : *Poking at the BOV* Wheres the intake then?
Guy #3 : Its under the car man! Cold Air!
Guy #1 : Thats cool!

wow some people are just that clueless...you'd think with vancouver being a bigger city that people would acknowledge these things...guess not, just as dumbfound as us smallltown folk...hahah :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: